MVP Owners Group-into the next generation…

Status
Not open for further replies.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
And for the person complaining he only saw 4.1v on the MVP at full charge.. You are lucky :)

That was me, Midnite. Not complaining, just wasn't sure if all was right with the world. It's my blue one, and I'm guessing it's "rounding"

Still :vapor: happy :)

S.O. trying to figure out what to do for my impending 50th this fall. Started talking about different toppers and maybe a different (higher-powered) mod. Got the "deer in the headlights" look. :D It's o.k. Now that I've figured out how to turn the power up on my existing beasties, I'll keep practicing my builds with my KFs and see where that takes me.... May not need anything new....

Withdrewandi

Verified Member
Aug 5, 2014
Newcastle
Very very late to the new thread lol My MVP is an animal right now nautilus mini tank at night time with red bull in it and my iclear 30 through the day with blueberry and apple in it is awesome not sure why or how but the 30 is producing some amazing flavour and huge clouds of vape (considering it was a gurgling burnt piece of **** when I first used it) So I am a happy chap right now

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
wow, did I write that ?????

my MVP's birthday is just about now ! (can't pin-point it exactly)
but just a year ago (give or take some days)

I too use a Samsung phone charger (always have)

and mostly 2.0Ω clearos

Vape≈On - brother :D

Are we twins and didn't know it?

Mikepresjr

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2014
Claremore, OK
Vaping some Pineapple Mango at work :D

vpkhaq.jpg

Paraflier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Pierce County, WA
Next MVP I buy will be the silver one. Can anyone tell me if the silver is a fingerprint magnet at all? Not that it would be a deal breaking in any way. I'm still gonna get another one.....:sneaky:....then another one after that. :wub:

I have had mine for a couple weeks now and have never wiped it. Except for when I toss it on my pocket. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408976093.755689.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408976133.108457.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408976167.459003.jpg

Note: I still haven't taken the protective layer off the readout screen. Hence the scratches. But it's beautiful under.

diceman1000

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2014
Belleville, KS
Very very late to the new thread lol My MVP is an animal right now nautilus mini tank at night time with red bull in it and my iclear 30 through the day with blueberry and apple in it is awesome not sure why or how but the 30 is producing some amazing flavour and huge clouds of vape (considering it was a gurgling burnt piece of **** when I first used it) So I am a happy chap right now
How did you stop the gurgling and burning on the iClear 30? That's ALL I can get out of mine along with very muted flavor when it does work...

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Ya know, i think ill pass on the natalus Mini for now, untill aspire makes a different steel "window" for it...

There is a steel window for it already , it's optional of course , oh , your looking for a different style , i get it.

I think I just might give the Original Kayfun Lite 2 a try. Not sure if I'm going to be enjoying building coils though. VapeRev has it for $99.00. I can buy two MVP 2's for less money. Oh well.

I would opt for an EH pro version , it is amazingly good and priced right in the range of $35.00- $40.00 , probably the best clone on the market.

Thanks I will definitely use that tip. Its amazing though the battery life period blows my mind. Im a heavy vapor with the MVP I can feel free to go out be away from the house the car charger etc. With my ego battery 1100mah it wasn't enough. When I say heavy vapor I've found after a week of having the MVP its about 620puffs a day! I know its alot but when u got great juice flavors and a great coil thanks to being able to rebuild em. I am a vapor for life!

I would opt to recharge at 3.7 instead of 3.5 but the bottom line is enjoy it .

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

And for the person complaining he only saw 4.1v on the MVP at full charge.. You are lucky :)

I refer to that info myself a lot , excellent info .

re-reading, thought that I'd give you a better answer - not to worry big guy:[/COLOR]

as far as charging my MVP :
I will still follow the practice of “short-charging” my batteries
charge it soon & charge it often
not allowing it to get to low (never yellow) when possible
and remove it from charge BEFORE it completes (early 4.1v)

and it seems that philosophy pays true as my "old" MVP still holds a charge
for about 3 days of strong vape at the ripe old age of 1yr old...

- - -

the point is the stress the battery endures during
the final saturation of charging - if reduced, will DOUBLE the life cycle
of said battery (so I read) manufacturers want you to FULL charge their product
so they can boast extreme battery life between charge cycles, not battery longevity

:)

Actually i'm of average size and build , not overly big but not minuscule either . Great info , thanks.

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Once you get the hang of the i30, pretty much nothing compares to it IMO. Problem is... getting the hang of it. My first "real" mod was an SVD with an i30. So had nothing to compare to (outside of the ego). So for a good month or so... i30 exclusively and got used to it's idiosyncrasies (not to mention the odd swivel tip). But heard about all the "great" tanks after discovering ECF. Kanger, KF, Russian, smok, aspire... the list obviously goes on. SO.... late to the party to try other tanks. After months of trying virtually everything out there... Still satisfied with the i30. More flavor, more clouds. BUt of course, YMMV.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Once you get the hang of the i30, pretty much nothing compares to it IMO. Problem is... getting the hang of it. My first "real" mod was an SVD with an i30. So had nothing to compare to (outside of the ego). So for a good month or so... i30 exclusively and got used to it's idiosyncrasies (not to mention the odd swivel tip). But heard about all the "great" tanks after discovering ECF. Kanger, KF, Russian, smok, aspire... the list obviously goes on. SO.... late to the party to try other tanks. After months of trying virtually everything out there... Still satisfied with the i30. More flavor, more clouds. BUt of course, YMMV.

When i first got my mvp i used the I 30 because i had nothing else , i thought it was a great improvement to the cigalikes i was using at the time. I put it aside and forgot about it for months while vaping many other toppers , about a month ago i saw it in my drawer and decided to give it another go and "wow" i couldn't believe the superior flavor .

I believe it's because all those wicks but anybody who dismisses it i urge you to try again , it's very very good , especially if flavor is a top priority.

Keep it about 3/4 of the way full and lean it so juice saturates the top areas , don't pull on it too hard , a long slow pull works the best imo.

Last edited:

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
When i first got my mvp i used the I 30 because i had nothing else , i thought it was a great improvement to the cigalikes i was using at the time. I put it aside and forgot about it for months while vaping many other toppers , about a month ago i saw it in my drawer and decided to give it another go and "wow" i couldn't believe the superior flavor .

I believe it's because all those wicks but anybody who dismisses it i urge you to try again , it's very very good , especially if flavor is a top priority.

Keep it about 3/4 of the way full and lean it so juice saturates the top areas , don't pull on it too hard , a long slow pull works the best imo.

I always say Innokin makes amazing products. And no company who makes something to sell is going to make a superior product and couple it with an inferior product. Their mods need something else to work. A tank. So selling them with a tank that is mediocre makes no sense whatsoever. They'll want to pair it with something... comparable. Or they're incredibly stupid not to. A great mod with a bad tank? Who'd buy it?

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
I always say Innokin makes amazing products. And no company who makes something to sell is going to make a superior product and couple it with an inferior product. Their mods need something else to work. A tank. So selling them with a tank that is mediocre makes no sense whatsoever. They'll want to pair it with something... comparable. Or they're incredibly stupid not to. A great mod with a bad tank? Who'd buy it?

I agree 100% with that logic but many companies still pair mediocre accessories with great products , look at MP3 players (ones that are still being made) , some are great but they never come with truly great headphones that allow the device to shine .

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I agree 100% with that logic but many companies still pair mediocre accessories with great products , look at MP3 players (ones that are still being made) , some are great but they never come with truly great headphones that allow the device to shine .

Good point, Herb. Agreed. :)

But then again, some markets require competitive pricing. Seems PV's are all over the map so IMO cutting corners isn't that critical.

On the other hand, some marketing programs by some companies reek of intense stupidity. LOL

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Good point, Herb. Agreed. :)

But then again, some markets require competitive pricing. Seems PV's are all over the map so IMO cutting corners isn't that critical.

On the other hand, some marketing programs by some companies reek of intense stupidity. LOL

Very true , talking about stupid (not related) , what genius thought up the ( click here if you are over 18 or click here if you are under 18 ) security protocol that every website seems to employ .

Thats got to be amazingly effective huh lol.

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Very true , talking about stupid (not related) , what genius thought up the ( click here if you are over 18 or click here if you are under 18 ) security protocol that every website seems to employ .

Thats got to be amazingly effective huh lol.

That would be the US gov. :) Sites are just playin' CYA. ;) And I'm sure they think the same as us. At least they aren't playing the "what day were you born" deal. Now that's a REAL PITA!

Withdrewandi

Verified Member
Aug 5, 2014
Newcastle
How did you stop the gurgling and burning on the iClear 30? That's ALL I can get out of mine along with very muted flavor when it does work...

Cleaned it (several times including dry burn) started filling it to only 2 or 2.5 max gave it longer to settle after each fill up and hey presto it's sorted itself out

Withdrewandi

Verified Member
Aug 5, 2014
Newcastle
I think these I 30's have a breaking in period but as i haven't replaced the wicks or coils yet I can't be sure about that... It's certainly on a par with my nautilus mini in terms of flavour and cloud production in fact sometimes it's better lol

My MVP lasts me from getting up to going to bed as far as charge goes but it's always on green still when I charge it only once allowed it to go into the red that took 2 days... Thinking of buying a vamo v5 for outside use the MVP box style just doesn't sit well in my pocket even with the mini tank on it unless someone has a better suggestion lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread