MVP Owners Group-into the next generation…

Status
Not open for further replies.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Thank you so much for the information.

I know there's a ton of information out there, I don't always search the other forum threads to see if there's already a thread on the subject.
My bad...

I thought I would post it here because this MVP forum moves along at light speed. :matrix:

Folks here are actively using my set up, the same as yours, and I really like the information that this thread has provided. It rocks!!!

On another note...
I'm sorry if I caused you any anguish or paranoia about the safety issue.
I don't want to invoke any thoughts of drones or anything else flying over your house. :ohmy::)

No, do not be apologetic , it's a legit question . We welcome just about any question on these forums but do try to limit mental health questions and sexual preference questions if we can , we take care of those via PM .

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Nah, I was really more joking/exaggerating the whole Rayon deal. Your question was a good one; considering many of us came to vaping to quit smoking for health reasons (and then find out vaping is better for a lot of reasons), its important people consider any possible unhealthy aspects/choices. Read up on that thread and do some research before you take my word for it :p

@herb, I didnt actually run the wick in the middle- I packed it around the outside of the coil. As far as I understand, thats the only way to wick a chimney build. In terms of horizontal coils, I do have that down. I use much more than cotton- enough where it actually pulls the coil to the side as I work it through (then I straighten it back out). My horizontal rayon coils wick great..

Yeah thats the way lol, it does pull on the coil.

so, any of you familiar with CC Vapes(Crystal Canyon) out of AZ? i've ordered from them three times now, absolutely top notch CS and juice... it's a little pricey though. so, i've been trying to find an alternative to their Mystik RY4(my favorite vape so far), it is very smooth, caramely, nutty goodness. i tried the GWARy4 from MBV and it's not even close, it's not bad mind you, but it's more akin to cocoa than caramel. anyone have any good suggestions for bargain priced RY4 that sounds close to CC Vapes Mystik?

Can't help you there but i will say consider DIY , i'll never buy a juice again and have been extremely satisfied with my potions so far . It's so so cheap and so so easy , they already have DIY recipes all over the net that are carbon copies of the popular brands.

Whats everyones preference here in terms of PG vs. VG? Im currently finding that I prefer higher VG for the vapor production.

Its funny- when I started I was all about throat hit. Now, throat hit is meh and I prefer vapor production. The good things about PG are that it seems to provide a little more flavor, it doesnt seem to gunk up coils as fast, it wicks better, and the hit feels "stronger". VG has the CLOUD though.

Im currently prefering a 70%vg/30%pg 12mg blend. My 60%pg/40%vg 12mg blend sort of feels "hollow" when I exhale. I think im going to get some higher vg of the same flavor and mix it to thicken the mix/cloud. Curious to hear about other's experiences with PG/VG

I don't care much about vapor production , i want the best taste and too much VG kills taste.

jandry

Jul 8, 2014
Austin, TX, USA
It's a synthetic fiber classified as a plastic polymer.
So maybe thats why I get a little extra kick with Rayon...

:p

Seriously though, I might go back to cotton. I do admit to wondering "what if Rayon IS bad for you?" every time I take a vape, and it might end up ruining the experience. It sure does wick well though..

Midniteoyl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2014
Indiana
Is rayon made of plastic?
Is it safe to vape with rayon?
I thought rayon was the stuff that when you heated it, it melted and stuck to your skin if you got some.
Maybe that's nylon...
Just trying to ask questions about the safety of rayon.

Rayon is whats in Kotex... ;)

Raslin

Aug 24, 2014
south Africa
u
00ac01c48bd4bb0ef1557eb1ef955496.jpg

My new friend, looks llike I need to take her somewhere special...

19bc5cc5ef4286f130beb97848449496.jpg

Midniteoyl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2014
Indiana
Rayon is actually a plastic derived from cellulose... It's been around for 70 years or more. I'm always amazed how we can take something derived from pulp wood and turn it into a synthetic fiber... My dad was a plastics teacher at college and he used to take me with him when I was learning. Ping pong balls are also made of cellulose (to prove a point).

Still I'm not so sure it's safe to vape. I prefer silica or ceramic wick.

How rayon is made - material, manufacture, making, used, processing, structure, procedure, steps, industry, machine, Raw Materials, The Manufacturing Process of rayon

Well..........kind of depends on how you look at it but............

Rayon is not plastic.

Cotton is cellulose made by a plant, rayon is cellulose made by a machine. Polyester is plastic.

Plastics are usually made from petrochemicals (ie: oil), except the new bioplastics, which are mainly cellulose ;)

So, all of you are correct :D

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
It is considered a semi-synthetic fiber. A man-made fiber made from natural ingredients...

Had my father been here he would have said it's synth. He taught Plastics in college for 40 years, and I'm an engeneer myself. Cellulose polymers are the first chapter in Plastics... Sorry. End of argument. :)

College was the U of Buenos Aires, School of Engeneering, Industrial Engeneering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread