Status
Not open for further replies.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
co-ops are the way to go if you break your evic. all you will probably need is a control head and in co-ops its around 40ish so not as bad as a whole new unit.

I did not wait until I broke mine. It was $42 after shipping in the CoOp I did, and the new heads have the screws holding them together. I think a second head is almost required equipment with an eVic, but it is a great device. So what if it is less rugged than a Vamo? I view the vapor quality from my eVic as second only to my ProVari.

I take mine everywhere. With a back up head, why not?

mr. yuck

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
beaver falls, pennsylvania
so has anyone had their evic totally non responsive after the steps mentioned earlier i just installed mvr 1.3 on my other puter put reset code in hex folder had connected clicked upgrade went thru the motion said it updated but still nothing i just disconnected batt tube again gonna retry to connect in a bit while holding fire button and see what happens vendor already said would replace head but i wanna get it working if i can

mr. yuck

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
beaver falls, pennsylvania
finally after installing mvr 1.3 on my laptop instead of desktop and 1 1/2 days frackin with it using hploco's steps got it to come up full charge version 1.3 just can't get user info to take this happened when i first got it and after an uninstall and reinstall of mvr 1.2 at time it took got to get that fixed but so far so good

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
finally after installing mvr 1.3 on my laptop instead of desktop and 1 1/2 days frackin with it using hploco's steps got it to come up full charge version 1.3 just can't get user info to take this happened when i first got it and after an uninstall and reinstall of mvr 1.2 at time it took got to get that fixed but so far so good

Dude, you need to load this as your avatar....

Mr Yuk.jpg

weisner

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
Costa Mesa, CA

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
I still have my EGO batteries and keep one in the car always just in case.

Just a note: You shouldn't leave ANY device that has a lithium battery (mod, eGo, Cell Phone, laptop, etc) in your car "all the time", ESPECIALLY not in the hot summer months. Inside a car in the summer it can get well over 100 degrees, and that can cause lithium batteries--at the very least--to degrade. At worst, it can actually lead to chemical instabilities tht can cause venting, or other catastrophic failures...

VANA

Moved On
Aug 13, 2013
Fortladderdale, Fl
Yeah, it's not what I'd call sturdy, but most electronics are not. I don't consider the evic more or less fragile than any other electronics that I carry with me daily - phone, tablet, bluetooth, etc. None were meant to be physically abused and live to tell. I know a lot of people hate on the evic because it's not rugged enough, but I think that some are expecting it to be something it's not. At the end of the day, it's a electronic device, and as such lacks any real durability. Would I buy another one if mine broke? Yes. I'd also get another cell phone if I broke mine.

That being said, I'd like to see the new version with improvements made to durability as much as possible. I'd like to see someone develop some kind of case for these, like you have on a cell phone - an otter box for the evic.

I am wondering though, how many do you see that fail due to design flaws rather than human error? Do they tend to be hardware or software failures?

What I did because I wasn't impressed with the quality is I bought anther color sleeve and the threading and everything is amazing love it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread