Status
Not open for further replies.

trentenmarschel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2014
missouri
Ok so i watched some videos on the tube about micro coil set ups in the kayfun 3.1 so i decided to try it now i will tell you i didnt find anything i liked about it at all there were many cons about it and i will list them.
1. Uses more wire
2. Takes longer to heat up and get vapor from it
3. It continues to sizzle juice for like 10 seconds after releasing the button
4. Uses more juice and battery
5. For some reason it taste like crap probably cause it is retaining too much heat and not letting much air cool the coil causing everlasting burnt taste.

So i am in my truck now at college waiting for class to start as i type this thread. But i am hardly touching my ecig and the first thing i am doing when i get home is building a regular coil set up.. i will never be making a compressed micro coil again i dont like anything about them so i would be happy to hear what you guys think and if you have had a simmilar experience with micro coils.

trentenmarschel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2014
missouri
What gauge wire?

With 30 gauge, it is quite responsive and doesn't "sizzle" afterwards.

What wattage?

28 gauge and lower can be rather unresponsive and may "sizzle" afterwards if underpowered.

using 28 gauge kanthal and i built a 2.2 ohm coil and had it around 8 to 9 watts

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
when i had my vw on the go the best i found was about 1.3Ω micro

yeah you have to many wraps to many ohms

maybe it was cause i wrapped it too many timed from what i read. but i can't go lower than 1 ohm setup with my vv/vw lavatube. ill take a pic of the coil when i take it apart here in a minute

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
get a 1/16 drill bit or 1.5mm and wrap about 11 tight wraps ... cotton loose that you can slide it in out of both ends easy without it bunching... i normally snip cotton tails as short as i can or cut one flush and the other just long enough to wick:) GL

http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp

Last edited:

Gonzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Marietta, GA, USA
In my experience, 28 gauge should be used if your target resistance is 1ohm or lower, if not, you need too much wire + adding the fact that it is so thick, will make it very laggy. I use 30 for most all my builds and have great performance. Like stated above, shoot for 1.3-1.5 if using a VV or VW device and you'll have way better performance. I usually do a 6 wrap of 30gauge on a 5/64" drill bit, and I get 1.4ohms. This is my go to setup on Kayfuns, I can use it on a mech or a VV or VW device and get great response and performance.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
5/64 isnt micro coil though... just saying :)

In my experience, 28 gauge should be used if your target resistance is 1ohm or lower, if not, you need too much wire + adding the fact that it is so thick, will make it very laggy. I use 30 for most all my builds and have great performance. Like stated above, shoot for 1.3-1.5 if using a VV or VW device and you'll have way better performance. I usually do a 6 wrap of 30gauge on a 5/64" drill bit, and I get 1.4ohms. This is my go to setup on Kayfuns, I can use it on a mech or a VV or VW device and get great response and performance.

Gonzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Marietta, GA, USA
5/64 isnt micro coil though... just saying :)

I consider it a micro since I build it like a micro coil. If it's not, then I love my non-micro coils or fakecro coils :D In my drippers I use 1/16" or the tip of a needle nose bottle for my dual micros in my Aqua, but I like my wick a little fatter in my Kayfuns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread