Not open for further replies.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
EDIT: got what I needed Thanks!
@Aal_ you certainly are welcome to ask the question here. This thread has gone all over the place. If you have a question, especially if it is safety related, it is not out of place here.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
@Aal_ you certainly are welcome to ask the question here. This thread has gone all over the place. If you have a question, especially if it is safety related, it is not out of place here.

Not sure why you disagreed with my post. Two links to the same report were force broken by admins in the other thread. I pointed him to the thread and asked him to break the links before the admins did it anyway. I didn't tell him to delete it and I even posted a link to the directions.
:rules:

Reactions: stols001

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Not sure why you disagreed with my post. Two links to the same report were force broken by admins in the other thread. I pointed him to the thread and asked him to break the links before the admins did it anyway. I didn't tell him to delete it and I even posted a link to the directions.
:rules:
I objected to your surely tone with Aal_ .

"1. It has been discussed quite a bit HERE, you only needed to look." came across rather surely.

Aal_ is a good guy. I have interacted with him for years and he is just a kind hearted Greek.

Many folks here only go to a handful of threads. Dozens of threads get started every day and I darn sure dont follow them all. The only reason I even knew that thread you linked existed is because I got tagged in it.

I understand your point in quoting the 5 year old rule, but IMHO you came down on Aal_ a little hard.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX

"1. It has been discussed quite a bit HERE, you only needed to look." came across rather surely.

Aal_ is a good guy. I have interacted with him for years and he is just a kind hearted Greek.

Many folks here only go to a handful of threads. Dozens of threads get started every day and I darn sure dont follow them all. The only reason I even knew that thread you linked existed is because I got tagged in it.

I understand your point in quoting the 5 year old rule, but IMHO you came down on Aal_ a little hard.

That was not the intent. It is hard to get a "tone of voice" via pure text. I apologize if it sounded that way.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
A handy guide in case this requires more than a handshake:
EtQsON3.jpg

Research has shown the one foot spacing discussed in Step 2 may need to adjust to cultural variances. Differences in bro hug protocols between Virginia, Texas and Greece should be considered before proceeding.

In Southeast Michigan, for example, alcohol can drastically affect bro hug parameters, occasionally to the point of cheek kissing. :toast:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
LOL, I had the "joy" of being "Marian the Librarian" one school musical. There was a kissing scene, and my "paramour" or whatnot, had the BIGGEST, fleshiest lips of all time, and he was a good pal but really wanted something more.

It took our music instructor whispering "Get those hips together, right now you look like kissing cousins or something...." to achieve that effect. LOL. Good to know there is a "hugging protocol" to follow.

One time when I was in rehab (involuntarily) we had the most nutbag of 80s staff. One of them determined our "progress" by how well, and emphatically we got to hug. It was also an adult rehab and I was the youngest there (18) and I know how to "hug" fine, but man, I would have done anything to get out of there, including the "full body hug."

I did kind of wonder about that staff member though.... Although he seemed equally emphatic about the full body hug for either gender, and kind of surprised that I was willing to "give" him one, as I was pretty darned cranky at the time, but I was certainly willing to give "the hug" in order to be able to leave. LOL.

Hug it out you guys! If necessary....

What this has to do with temp control vaping? Well, I'm going to say that following "best practices" even when NOT in TC is going GREAT, and also PEG400 is FANTASTIC so far. Since I think both places originated here, I like to keep abreast of developments.

Including hug protocols. :)

Anna

I've done a little drawing about this study :
Title : "New study about vape
Mices inhale the equivalent of 500 years of eliquide in 12 weeks

Man on the left : "So what ?"
Man on the right : "Another one Drowned"

souris.png

I'll translate it directly on the drawing later if you want (let me know if I've done mistakes in my translation).

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
That was not the intent. It is hard to get a "tone of voice" via pure text. I apologize if it sounded that way.
It can certainly be difficult to get the tone right in these postings. I'm guilty.
But, I also think we need to be sensitive to what/whom we're replying.
If it's snarky nasty, well that's one thing which may indeed require a similarly toned reply.
If it's just a request for information, then ignore it if you don't feel the questioner has done what should have been. Or, just point in the right direction without judgement. I do recall posting, perhaps dumb questions years ago (and maybe yesterday), and getting slammed. Not productive for anyone. MYHO

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto

Hey mike thank you for the warm welcome. I always feel right at home in your threads.

Lol mike, thank you for your kindness. I like your use of words. To be honest, I wasn't so sure about the word "surely", and now I know how to use it properly in the future :D. Thanks for having my back and understanding the situation.

Hey man, water under the bridge. I do not stop at tones, I just take the gist of the comment. And to be honest, I knew I didn't search enough before posting, so you weren't all wrong there. There are far worse things said to me that I have become immune to tonal varieties. Keep up the good work and vape on.

oh and HI TIBZZ:toast::toast:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.

From that article..."Nicotine doesn’t cause smoking-related diseases, such as cancers and heart disease, but it is addictive."

I love nicotine...and vape it whenever I can...

I love Wendy's Baconators.. and order one whenever I can...

I love having intimate encounters with my GF...and do it whenever I can...

But...it seems...many people are much quicker to say I'm "addicted" to nicotine...than to say I'm "addicted" to Baconators or my GF...:shock:

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
I want to thank @440BB and @Mazinny for the loan of their Provaris. I know they are precious to those who own them. (I wont stir the whole Provari/Vamo thing up)

I also want to thank all of the others who contributed attys and coils for testing.

"Gregory" (sorry I dont remember you ECF handle) but I have a Nautilus here with your first name and an address. Did you want it returned? I cant imagine why else I snipped your return address off the envelope.

Is there anyone else who loaned me hardware that I need to return?

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I still consider nicotine to be as addictive as caffeine, nothing more.
I came to realise that exact same thing since I started vaping. I never gave it a second thought while I was smoking. The system I/we grew up in, conditioned me about that. It told me i'm addicted to nicotine, all because it is a terribly addictive substance. Now I stand ashamed that I was so gullable.
My body actually taught me something quite different than what the powers that be wanted me to believe.
I realised that i'm not that addictive to nicotine as such. I'm addicted to the physical act of smoking. I just love smoking.
I stopped numerous times and did not miss "nicotine" (only because my head was switched on).
I also stopped numerous times that I missed "nicotine" terribly (my head wasn't switched on). Now looking back I realise I always started up because I just missed the act of smoking.
Now that i've enlightened myself I actively seek out smokers and preach to them...:D

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
As with any "drug" the level of addiction can vary from person to person as can the actual effects of a drug. I won't make blanket statements, but will say some become more "dependent" and easily "dependent" than others. I count myself as being pretty lucky and not particularly dependent on nicotine or any other drug, other than prescriptions for health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread