New tank for a DNA30 help me pick? eXpromizer V2.1, Engine, something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG TOZZ

Sep 13, 2017
Hey Guys - Sorry for a longish post.

So basically i gave a friend my HANA MODZ dna30 i bought back in 2014 new. I gave it to him when i used vaping to break my nic habit and stopped vaping after that. He gave it back to me recently since he had many newer higher wattage mods.

I know it's old but I still really like it! It`s a good mod and works great. I also would rather take it out with me on days I'm not bringing out the PICO squeeze (unlikely!) since the RX200 1st gen I have i prefer to keep at home or in the car only. I have a Wasp Nano RDTA on the way from FT that i think should be good but i want a tank too. There might be times i want to use the DNA30 but don't have or not want to use the Pico Squeeze for whatever reason. And for times that the 1.5ml capacity of the Wasp Nano RDTA might not be enough juice for the day.

Back in the day I used a KAYFUN 3.1 on my DNA30 ... it was nice but you couldn't see how much juice was in it without taking it all apart!!! but all metal construction WAS nice. I dont have any attachment to it though. Plus i know a lot of newer stuff has happened since the Kayfun 3.1.

Now I am thinking of a tank to put on it. The PICO Squeeze puts 6ml in a tiny form factor. I don't really want a giant tank on top of the DNA30 (I enjoy RDA a lot) but at the same time it was "in style" in 2014 back when the HANA MODZ came out. A part of me wants a tank like this (I noticed the eXpromizer 2.1 which looks like the old KAYFUN but you can see the juice levels) but it looks like has a ton of parts on it. I am hoping to avoid tanks that involve tons of parts but if it's really worth it i can deal with it.

Another thought was the Moradin just because it seems inexpensive and reliable and has a decent tank capacity. I have read about it easy to build and low maintenance.

I did buy a Merlin Mini but sold it very quickly since i had a lot of trouble with accidentally unscrwing the post deck when trying to remove it. I just could not reliably grab it from the very bottom piece.

I don't know anything about the OBS Engine but know it's popular recently.

If anyone else has suggestions for a tank or RDTA that is nice at 30w tops. I am all ears. I have a few different sizes of SS 316L (26, 30, 32) so i will make sure to do a good coil that can make the best of the wattage available. That said I never really got into sub ohming on a regulated mod. The lowest I go is .4 or .5 on my RX200

Sorry for the long post. Would appreciate any suggestions....... Thanks!

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hey Guys - Sorry for a longish post.

So basically i gave a friend my HANA MODZ dna30 i bought back in 2014 new. I gave it to him when i used vaping to break my nic habit and stopped vaping after that. He gave it back to me recently since he had many newer higher wattage mods.

I know it's old but I still really like it! It`s a good mod and works great. I also would rather take it out with me on days I'm not bringing out the PICO squeeze (unlikely!) since the RX200 1st gen I have i prefer to keep at home or in the car only. I have a Wasp Nano RDTA on the way from FT that i think should be good but i want a tank too. There might be times i want to use the DNA30 but don't have or not want to use the Pico Squeeze for whatever reason. And for times that the 1.5ml capacity of the Wasp Nano RDTA might not be enough juice for the day.

Back in the day I used a KAYFUN 3.1 on my DNA30 ... it was nice but you couldn't see how much juice was in it without taking it all apart!!! but all metal construction WAS nice. I dont have any attachment to it though. Plus i know a lot of newer stuff has happened since the Kayfun 3.1.

Now I am thinking of a tank to put on it. The PICO Squeeze puts 6ml in a tiny form factor. I don't really want a giant tank on top of the DNA30 (I enjoy RDA a lot) but at the same time it was "in style" in 2014 back when the HANA MODZ came out. A part of me wants a tank like this (I noticed the eXpromizer 2.1 which looks like the old KAYFUN but you can see the juice levels) but it looks like has a ton of parts on it. I am hoping to avoid tanks that involve tons of parts but if it's really worth it i can deal with it.

Another thought was the Moradin just because it seems inexpensive and reliable and has a decent tank capacity. I have read about it easy to build and low maintenance.

I did buy a Merlin Mini but sold it very quickly since i had a lot of trouble with accidentally unscrwing the post deck when trying to remove it. I just could not reliably grab it from the very bottom piece.

I don't know anything about the OBS Engine but know it's popular recently.

If anyone else has suggestions for a tank or RDTA that is nice at 30w tops. I am all ears. I have a few different sizes of SS 316L (26, 30, 32) so i will make sure to do a good coil that can make the best of the wattage available. That said I never really got into sub ohming on a regulated mod. The lowest I go is .4 or .5 on my RX200

Sorry for the long post. Would appreciate any suggestions....... Thanks!

Sup BT,
Check out the CV hussar.
Hussar RTA single coil deck (attack of the clones)

cheers
I

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Vaporesso Estoc or Estoc Mega. The former is EU TPD compliant; the latter @4ml capacity is not. It uses Vaporesso ceramic EUC coils which are flavoricious at under 40 Watts. In fact, the coil pretty much tops out at 40 and I'm at 30 now on mine with a really rich vape.

:thumb:

BIG TOZZ

Sep 13, 2017
Vaporesso Estoc or Estoc Mega. The former is EU TPD compliant; the latter @4ml capacity is not. It uses Vaporesso ceramic EUC coils which are flavoricious at under 40 Watts. In fact, the coil pretty much tops out at 40 and I'm at 30 now on mine with a really rich vape.

:thumb:
Thanks very much to both!!!!!
Luckily i'm in the USA so TPD is not a worry for me but great to point put.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread