• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New VIP S.G. Members Introduce Yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
Just got off work myself at 3, took a co-worker down to .... Out (which is conveniently close to my office) to pick up an eGo starter kit for his wife, hung out a while and just got home. I'm peelin' the shoes and socks off until Monday and preparing to hunker down for a serious session of loafing around!

Just got a new rba in the mail today, the REOmizer 2, and am looking forward to putting it through its paces over the weekend. It's gonna be a good one, and it starts... right... NOW!

Aaaaahhhh.

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
It's side air, which I generally don't care for - I'm a blind squonker thru and thru, and that requires bottom air - but I really dig the ceramic floor and they're supposed to be really hard to flood. The A7 (and mini A7) are my mainstay RBAs. I had an original Chalice II for a long time, but traded it recently for a REO Mini 2.0. That was a hell of an rba, but again - side air.

WerewolfalThor

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2013
Chandler, AZ, USA
I've really learned a lot already. I've only been vaping for a few days and I know that 24mg is WAY too much for me, that glycerine tastes so sweet that I have to keep using my 24mg at such a high concentration it still makes me cough and my airways feel constricted, and that I have to steep my juice for up to three weeks. I thought vaping would be easy! LOL

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Hiya Max and ArmyByrd! Glad to see you found your way in (I've been Zonie stalking the forum again... hehe).

Wolf, don't worry, all this will fall in place for you soon enough. 24mg is too high for most people when you first start out (it was for me, so I only dripped with it, or used ONE device filled with it, using it when I was REALLY craving a ciggy and swapping to my back-up for all day lower nic vaping). Today, 24mg is all I use. Go figure.

New vapers have a tendency to use their new PV like a pacifier. It's also called NTS (New Toy Syndrome). *grin* You may have to play with your nic intake a little. The tight chest could also be that you're a little sensitive to PG or VG or even some of the flavoring components. Again, a little experimentation can tell you if that's so. If you need some links about it, let me know.

Getting set with vaping isn't always easy for the first few months, but it's a fun way to make your life a lot better (and look at all the new friends you're making!) and beats the hell out of some of the other methods used to "quit" smoking. *wink*

WerewolfalThor

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2013
Chandler, AZ, USA
I'm getting my head wrapped around it. I've got some 8mg liquid coming either today or Monday. If they don't come today I may have to swing by one of the Mesa or Tempe shops for some other liquid. There's a couple of people at work that want to try vaping but I'm afraid if they try my rough liquid they'll never switch from analogs.
You're right about the new friends though. I really want to make it out to a meet up some time.

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
Hi folks! I stopped by yesterday and read a lot of the posts, etc. wasn't quite sure if you had to sign up 'elsewhere' first? I had read you might be locked out if you tried to post before signing up...

Anyway - I began my vaping adventure the first of February when we got down to our lot at North Ranch (between Wickenburg and Congress on Hwy 89) Hubby and I are fulltime rvers in our retirement.

I've upgraded a bit from my original ego C starter set but still use the cartridges when trying new flavors, so they're not banned to the back of the drawer (yet)... I upgraded my batteries to 650 variable volt ones and love 'em! I then bought two Kanger MT3 tanks, one leaked, we glued it back together and it works ok now - but a bit too long for me, so I bought 2 Evods and love them the best!! - I trade off between a *tobacco flavor, mango, *pineapple and horchata - my *favs of all I've tried so far. (So.Calif. retiree)

I mainly wanted to touch base in here so I'd hear of any meets coming up. I was invited to join another to the Phoenix one, but think I'd prefer to attend this West Valley one of Helen's the next time around. Am just curious as to what all goes on and want to see the vendors who are local to us, what others' PVs look like, and say hi, etc. Do ya let (married) ol' ladies in on the fun?? haha NancyB

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Hi Nancy and welcome! Yup, loads of married ol' ladies and all sorts in between. We'll try to get something going again out here in the West end (most likely, in Surprise, as it's pretty easy to get to and there are lots of members that live out here, including me!).

The Central meeting is REALLY worth going to. I hope you'll consider coming out to one soon. Vendors show up with lots of goodies for sale, and also they bring things donated for the drawings. Our 50/50 pots are famous (last one was $400+, so 2 people went home with over $200 each!). Post in our forum or PM me with any questions you have!

Maxedout

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Arizona
Right on, DIY's a blast and a good way to save money. Check out ABC Cake Supply just up Indian School from Vortex, about 29th street - they have like 40 different LorAnn and Wilton flavors which make pretty good juice. There's also a Sprout's across the street from there where you can score VG for about 8 bucks/240ml.
Just picked up 10 flavors and a bottle of VG............VG is now $9.99

WerewolfalThor

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2013
Chandler, AZ, USA
Quick update to my liquid dilemma, I just received my 4 10ml / 8mg bottles from DFW Vapes. Opened the pack and discovered that they had thrown in an additional 4 bottles! In addition to my order of Coffee, Big Red (red cream soda), Hawaiian Punch, and Slurm (Futurama energy drink). I also was given another coffee, Irish cream, Chocolate banana martini, and French Toast. I just tried the Irish Cream and that tasted a little more like cola, but the 8mg nicotine content seems about perfect.

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
Hiya Nancy! Hope you can make a meet soon, VIP is full of great people from all walks of life and the meets are always a blast!

Just picked up 10 flavors and a bottle of VG............VG is now $9.99
Figures, seems like everything gets more expensive by the day. If you got any LorAnn blueberry, I recommend you use it for small batches only. It's a great flavor, really has a lot of punch, but it fades after about a month, and if you let a juice with it sit around long enough, you'll never be able to tell that there was ever blueberry in it. I haven't experienced this with any other LA flavors, oddly enough... just blueberry. Love LA caramel, too, and use it often enough to buy it by the ounce.

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
Quick update to my liquid dilemma, I just received my 4 10ml / 8mg bottles from DFW Vapes. Opened the pack and discovered that they had thrown in an additional 4 bottles! In addition to my order of Coffee, Big Red (red cream soda), Hawaiian Punch, and Slurm (Futurama energy drink). I also was given another coffee, Irish cream, Chocolate banana martini, and French Toast. I just tried the Irish Cream and that tasted a little more like cola, but the 8mg nicotine content seems about perfect.

I love it when online vendors kick in extras, and it's become a trend. I've gotten extra juice, plastic army men, even a little pocket led blacklight. They'll also often draw stuff on the package if you ask while ordering!

Maxedout

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Arizona
Figures, seems like everything gets more expensive by the day. If you got any LorAnn blueberry, I recommend you use it for small batches only. It's a great flavor, really has a lot of punch, but it fades after about a month, and if you let a juice with it sit around long enough, you'll never be able to tell that there was ever blueberry in it. I haven't experienced this with any other LA flavors, oddly enough... just blueberry. Love LA caramel, too, and use it often enough to buy it by the ounce.

I'll almost got the blueberry but put it back, did get some caramel though.
I mixed the bottles with 12mls of base...the small bottles...Guessing this makes about 23% flavoring since the bottles hold 3.5mls.
I'll give them a few days to steep....if I can hold out that long! LOL...

WerewolfalThor

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2013
Chandler, AZ, USA
davelog:9758511 said:
I love it when online vendors kick in extras, and it's become a trend. I've gotten extra juice, plastic army men, even a little pocket led blacklight. They'll also often draw stuff on the package if you ask while ordering!
We'll see about the flavors they picked. I've never been a fan of either banana or maple artificial flavoring. The Irish Cream wasn't too bad but there was a hint of banana to it but that may fade after steeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread