OBS Crius II RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Looking good! I love that tank! So, Nano or Crius II? Inquiring minds and all that jazz. ;)
I love both tanks! The Nano for looks and no leaks,gurgles or spit back, flavor is OK!
The Crius ll I think the flavor is better and the tank is airier!- I have had a slight leak on refilling occasionally, but probably my wicking and haven't rewicked yet!
Both are excellent single coil tanks and glad that I have them both! Both have easy decks, beautiful well made tanks
I really needed to get into RTA's as factory coils can get expensive and my Asvape Cobra coils are hard to find- VaporDNA usually has them. Just seems like too many tanks- too many proprietary coils.
Thanks to you and Letitia for suggesting the Nano- I love it!

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
That is a fabulous price for juice! I was paying $29.99 for 120mls of my favorite. Now that I am DIYing, I make a juice I like better than my old juice (after a lot of trial and error) and I can make 120mls for $3.95. I vaped the old juice for over 4 years and never thought I could make something I would actually prefer but I did, with a lot of help from people here.

I love the SauceLA 1922- it is a fruity punch with koolada- so delicious, refreshing- last week the bottles were $4.99 for 120ml shipped fast from CA to NY!!!! That is my main flavor from there, but like the Vanilla Bean Cream, Caramel Waffle Cappuchino , Get Your Kicks, Open Road and Strawberry Lemonade!
I have ordered most of their line and I really hate- Ace, Capone and Purple Powder- yuck!
My faves from OM are Toasted(cinnamon toast crunch), and The Tropics(pineapple upside down cake) and Cafe#7 very nice coffee vape!
I was lucky enough to win 10 -100 mls bottles of the Verde Valley Vapes line- I loved almost all I got from there except FlapJackz- yuck, what was I thinking? LOL!

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I love both tanks! The Nano for looks and no leaks,gurgles or spit back, flavor is OK!
The Crius ll I think the flavor is better and the tank is airier!- I have had a slight leak on refilling occasionally, but probably my wicking and haven't rewicked yet!
Both are excellent single coil tanks and glad that I have them both! Both have easy decks, beautiful well made tanks
I really needed to get into RTA's as factory coils can get expensive and my Asvape Cobra coils are hard to find- VaporDNA usually has them. Just seems like too many tanks- too many proprietary coils.
Thanks to you and Letitia for suggesting the Nano- I love it!

So far, I am liking the Crius II even better than the Nano purely for the flavor and airflow. Mine doesn't leak at all. I really did stuff the cotton in and didn't thin the ends all that much. Maybe that is the key. I don't know for sure. I still love my Nanos, but will probably sell my black and my stainless steel since I never use them, though one would be great for testing flavors. I would still have two gold and the rainbow. I am not sure I really need a tank dedicated to testing flavors since I am a boring vapor and don't mix up a lot of different recipes. Now that I have my Chantilly Creme de Menthe perfected, I don't see much testing in my future.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
So far, I am liking the Crius II even better than the Nano purely for the flavor and airflow. Mine doesn't leak at all. I really did stuff the cotton in and didn't thin the ends all that much. Maybe that is the key. I don't know for sure. I still love my Nanos, but will probably sell my black and my stainless steel since I never use them, though one would be great for testing flavors. I would still have two gold and the rainbow. I am not sure I really need a tank dedicated to testing flavors since I am a boring vapor and don't mix up a lot of different recipes. Now that I have my Chantilly Creme de Menthe perfected, I don't see much testing in my future.
PM me about ss Nano please.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Please PM me the recipe for your Chantilly Creme de Menthe if you don't mind.

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Thanks for your tip on wicking the Crius ll and will give that a try, I thinned out the ends, maybe should just leave them full! Do you think that the Ni 80 coil has something to do with the flavor since that is the coil in the Crius ll ?
I am going to get more Ni80 coils too!

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Thanks for your tip on wicking the Crius ll and will give that a try, I thinned out the ends, maybe should just leave them full! Do you think that the Ni 80 coil has something to do with the flavor since that is the coil in the Crius ll ?
I am going to get more Ni80 coils too!

I don't know if it is the Ni80 coils or if it is the airflow, which is impressive. I will make a lower ohm coil from SS wire for it and see how that differs from the Ni80. I do think that it is one of those tanks that needs more cotton than some do. I thinned the ends, but only lightly. It was the most cotton I have stuffed into holes ever. I saw that tip in a youtube review and it does work. I will report back when I have installed a new coil. SS is a great wire for vaping, so I suspect it will be great! *fingers crossed*

Last edited:

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Please PM me the recipe for your Chantilly Creme de Menthe if you don't mind.

I am happy to share.

Crème Chantilly de Menthe
10% Menthol Solution 2%
Creme de Menthe (TPA) 6%
DX Marshmallow (TPA) 1.5%
Koolada 10% (TPA) 1%
Smooth (TPA) 1%
Whipped Cream (TPA) 5%

I shake, shake, shake, then let it sit in hot water until the water cools. Lately, I have been putting into my ultrasonic cleaner (bottle tightly closed) for 25 minutes with hot water. Then I shake, shake, shake, and take the cap off and let it sit in a cool, dark place overnight (about 12 hours) to evaporate the alcohol. This really is a shake and vape recipe, but I think those two things improve it.

This first recipe for this that was the basis for my concoction was posted by Sgt.Rock, who is no longer on the forum. He had many variations, all based on Sweet Cream and Creme De Menthe. I found that Sweet Cream had a cheesy or buttery flavor - something I didn't love so switched it to Whipped Cream and love it. I also didn't love the Toasted Marshmallow, but some swear by it. This is the version that I started with and a lot of people on this forum still make.

Rocke de Menthe
(all TFA Flavors)

7% Creme de Menthe
8% Sweet Cream
2% Menthol
2% Koolada
1-2% Toasted Marshmallow

I think if you aren't a big menthol fan, you could leave it out and still have a nice vape. IMO, adding the Smooth pulls it all together and improves the mix. I hope you enjoy it. Let me know how it works out for you.

Last edited:

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
Just got mine in the mail today. Obviously not much to add that hasn't been stated already. Used the provided coil. Wicked with no hassle at all. No leaks. Really nice flavor. Used the coil already installed because it was there. Had a few hot spots to work out. .33Ω so I popped it on to a mech tube. Has a nice protruding 510 positive pin. Welcome addition for sure. No booms, just a very pleasant vape.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Just got mine in the mail today. Obviously not much to add that hasn't been stated already. Used the provided coil. Wicked with no hassle at all. No leaks. Really nice flavor. Used the coil already installed because it was there. Had a few hot spots to work out. .33Ω so I popped it on to a mech tube. Has a nice protruding 510 positive pin. Welcome addition for sure. No booms, just a very pleasant vape.

I am enjoying my Nano today but I do love that Crius II. It is a winner!

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I just ordered another Crius II in Gold and one in Rainbow. It isn't perfect but it is the best RTA I have used, IMO. I used FT, so I won't be seeing them for a while but that's okay. The Gold is in stock for immediate shipping and the Rainbow will be shipped in about 7 days. Something to look forward to.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
After some weeks of use I still don't regret the purchase. It is a good allround package that has replaced my Engines and Exo RTA in daily use.
No leaking, good flavour, smooth and slightly restricted airflow, convenient top fill and a quite low profile. For me it's one of the top 5 tanks this year.

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
I am still loving my Crius ll after weeks of use- rewicked heavier and no leaks!Flavor for days with the tank and great air flow , easy to use deck!Well built and I think the Crius ll looks beautiful on any mod I use!
I am really surprised there wasn't more hype and more reviews on this tank- plus the affordable price makes this tank a winner! I was lucky enough to win mine- but have another in my cart for purchase(can't say that about too many tanks I've tried lately), really loving the Crius ll and glad that I have one!

drewburton48

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Hornsea,UK
Just received one yesterday and I have to say, for my vaping style, it's pretty much perfect.
I'm vaping the included coil (0.41ohms?) at 40 Watts and it's vaping heaven for me.
Simple build and wicking.
Needs a quick wipe around after filling but otherwise perfect. [emoji3]

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Just received one yesterday and I have to say, for my vaping style, it's pretty much perfect.
I'm vaping the included coil (0.41ohms?) at 40 Watts and it's vaping heaven for me.
Simple build and wicking.
Needs a quick wipe around after filling but otherwise perfect. [emoji3]

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

I totally agree with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread