OBS Crius II RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Of the two, which one is more suitable for MTL vaping? I have the Nano, but it's just a bit too airy for me. I like kayfun 4 and am always looking for similar vape. kayfun 5 is doable, but also a bit too airy for me.
Neither one- the Crius ll and the Zeus are both DL tanks- I would say the Nano is the least airy of the three I have.
You might want to check out the new Innokin Ares RTA - that is the newest MTL RTA tank on the market created with PBusardo and Dimitris along with Innokin- P Busardo is mainly a MTL vaper so I am sure that may be a good one for you.

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
@Letitia
Until now my Crius 2 did not leak a single drop. And it has seen a lot of use.

@Snapdragon
In my opinion neither one is suitable for MTL, if the KF5 is already too airy for you.
I agree with you- I wouyld never suggest the Crius ll, the Zeus or the Nano as a MTL tank- but thought the Innokin Ares RTA would be a good MTL tank for @Katya to try it is getting very good reviews. I am a DL vaper so I really like the three I have listed. I have not tried the Innokin Ares, but believe there is a thread here on that RTA.

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Thanks, SD! I've been following the Ares thread--not my cup of tea, I'm afraid. I'm really disappointed, though.

I'll keep playing with my Nano. It's growing on me. :)
Maybe a tighter drip tip would help you with the Nano along with closing down the air vents? I believe it is a 510 drip tip, so try a smaller diameter tip that you like, may help?

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
20171203_065839.jpg
Happily vaping away on the Crius 2 that @SnapDragon NY generously gifted me. Threw a 3mm 6 wrap tri core fc in it and flavor is very good. So far no leaking. :)
Big hugs coming your way Snap. Loving the Crius. :D
You are so welcome sweetie- Thank you for your tanks that you gifted to me!
@PJReid was in on the surprise- I tipped her off that I was ordering one for you! I was really hoping that you would like this tank as much as we do and I was hoping you would like the SS- love mine!
Fastest Gearbest order ever- I placed the order on 11/21 and it was in my mailbox on 12/1 outstanding job Gearbest!

Last edited:

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I haven't had a Crius II leak yet - sometimes a light spray on the top of the tank after a refill but VERY minor and wipes right off. I love this tank SO much. @SnapDragon NY - I probably never would have bought my first one if not for your recommendation. We Minikin V2 people seem to have similar likes. :) @Letitia - I don't think the bottom air vents will give you any trouble. I was nervous about that too but wonder if that isn't one of the reasons for the great flavor this tank produces.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
View attachment 704523
You are so welcome sweetie- Thank you for your tanks that you gifted to me!
@PJReid was in on the surprise- I tipped her off that I was ordering one for you! I was really hoping that you would like this tank as much as we do and I was hoping you would like the SS- love mine!
Fastest Gearbest order ever- I placed the order on 11/21 and it was in my mailbox on 12/1 outstanding job Gearbest!

I love those little wire brushes. Using those to strum the hot spots out of the NI80 coils probably explains why you have no problem with hot spots on the coils. In the FB group I told you about, some people are complaining about it being difficult to get out the hot spots but I have had no trouble with that.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
Thanks, SD! I've been following the Ares thread--not my cup of tea, I'm afraid. I'm really disappointed, though.

I'll keep playing with my Nano. It's growing on me. :)
There are a few other options though.
Perhaps the Kayfun Prime, Cthulhu Hastur MTL, Berserker or Siren II cater more to your needs.;)

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
I am surprised that the Crius ll isn't a more popular tank. The tank is well made and out of my 3 single coil tanks the Crius ll is the best for air flow and flavor, great clouds too at a very affordable price! I just don't see too many people on any of the forums commenting on this tank-
Normally I use mainly sub Ω factory coil tanks, the Cobra being my favorite of those, but I am using 4 RTAs now and one Cobra tank- these single coil RTAs are my new favorites, and just as simple to use as any factory coil tank, better flavor and much cheaper to use.

Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I have to disagree with you Snap. I find the af on Zeus superior to both Nano and Crius. Flavor for me is pretty close on all three. Will admit I could probably build and wick the Nano in my sleep. Flavor may get better with the others as I get more familiar with them. Crius 2 does seem to be overlooked tho.

• Winner
Reactions: SnapDragon NY

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
I have to disagree with you Snap. I find the af on Zeus superior to both Nano and Crius. Flavor for me is pretty close on all three. Will admit I could probably build and wick the Nano in my sleep. Flavor may get better with the others as I get more familiar with them. Crius 2 does seem to be overlooked tho.
LOL- yes, I think the builds and wicking all have alot to do with how each tank performs- love them all really and great that we can disagree too! I noticed a big improvement in flavor on the Nano when I put in the NI80 coil, much better flavor for me now. I forget to say that I am using the SauceLA 1922 a fruity koolada flavor in the Crius ll,
very refreshing like inhaling fruity ice- I just love that flavor!
The Nano has the SauceLA Grape Powder( grape pixie stix) and the Zeus the SauceLA Red Laces( very sweet red licorice and cotton candy)- love these flavors too! I am sure the fruity Koolada flavor helps push the Crius ll to the top for me as it is the strongest flavor.

• Love
Reactions: Letitia

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I am surprised that the Crius ll isn't a more popular tank. The tank is well made and out of my 3 single coil tanks the Crius ll is the best for air flow and flavor, great clouds too at a very affordable price! I just don't see too many people on any of the forums commenting on this tank-
Normally I use mainly sub Ω factory coil tanks, the Cobra being my favorite of those, but I am using 4 RTAs now and one Cobra tank- these single coil RTAs are my new favorites, and just as simple to use as any factory coil tank, better flavor and much cheaper to use.

I have only seen the Crius II for sale at one domestic online store. It seems to be available from all of the Chinese outlets we all use. I don't know why it hasn't been embraced by the vape shop owners in the US. I guess they have to devote so much room to the Smok products that come out daily. :) The Crius II is for those "in the know." ;) If it doesn't become more popular, I might end up being very, very glad that I accidentally bought 6 of them. LOL

I can't compare AF on the OBS Nano and Crius II to the Zeus since mine isn't here yet. I do think the AF on the Crius to be better than the Engine Nano. The flavor is better too. I will certainly weigh back in when I have had the chance to give the Zeus a test run.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
There are a few other options though.
Perhaps the Kayfun Prime, Cthulhu Hastur MTL, Berserker or Siren II cater more to your needs.;)

I'm a difficult case. Most true MTL toppers are too tight for my liking. Most DL ones are too airy. I love the happy middle--airy MTL. I know.... :facepalm: Kayfun 4, 5 and SJMY Doggy are my favorites right now. I'm happy, but always looking for something better--like most of us. :D

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
I have only seen the Crius II for sale at one domestic online store. It seems to be available from all of the Chinese outlets we all use. I don't know why it hasn't been embraced by the vape shop owners in the US. I guess they have to devote so much room to the Smok products that come out daily. :) The Crius II is for those "in the know." ;) If it doesn't become more popular, I might end up being very, very glad that I accidentally bought 6 of them. LOL

I can't compare AF on the OBS Nano and Crius II to the Zeus since mine isn't here yet. I do think the AF on the Crius to be better than the Engine Nano. The flavor is better too. I will certainly weigh back in when I have had the chance to give the Zeus a test run.
Pam- you will love the Zeus too- it is an excellent tank, love mine and glad I broke down and bought one.

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
I'm a difficult case. Most true MTL toppers are too tight for my liking. Most DL ones are too airy. I love the happy middle--airy MTL. I know.... :facepalm: Kayfun 4, 5 and SJMY Doggy are my favorites right now. I'm happy, but always looking for something better--like most of us. :D
or restricted DL - last year I was still a MTL vaper until I bought the Kanger DripBox- no way to MTL that so I had to learn quick how to DL and have stuck with that style now with all of my tanks. I am still not a high wattage vaper, I mainly stay below 35w.
Sometimes the tighter drip tips help with a more restricted and tighter draw.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Sometimes the tighter drip tips help with a more restricted and tighter draw.
This true, certainly improves flavor. I only use nip tips on Nanos. Have put a 510 on the Zeus and a smaller bore dt on Crius. Still all dtl but smaller bore than today's usual included dt. Need to dt shop, I'm getting more rtas than I have good dt's for!

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
This true, certainly improves flavor. I only use nip tips on Nanos. Have put a 510 on the Zeus and a smaller bore dt on Crius. Still all dtl but smaller bore than today's usual included dt. Need to dt shop, I'm getting more rtas than I have good dt's for!

What do you like in DTs? I have three battery boxes full of DTs - I may have a problem. I would be happy to share if I have some you would like.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
What do you like in DTs? I have three battery boxes full of DTs - I may have a problem. I would be happy to share if I have some you would like.
My favorite are the Trinity Glass nip tips in stainless steel. Perfect bore and the regular is the perfect height. I lean towards ss, but do have a couple of delrin that I use.and a ultem I use as well. Do not like shorties or stubbs at all. Medium length and medium bore works well for me. The Crius height is a bit too short and the bore too wide. (should have said that first, would have saved a lot of typing)

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
My favorite are the Trinity Glass nip tips in stainless steel. Perfect bore and the regular is the perfect height. I lean towards ss, but do have a couple of delrin that I use.and a ultem I use as well. Do not like shorties or stubbs at all. Medium length and medium bore works well for me. The Crius height is a bit too short and the bore too wide. (should have said that first, would have saved a lot of typing)

My extras might not be to your taste. I like resin and that is mostly what I have. I have a few metal but mostly copper and gold. The shape of the nip tip is interesting. I might need to try one of those. You are such an enabler. ;) I will post some pictures of ones I have that you might like tomorrow. If they are not to your taste, my feelings won't be hurt. I have colors I am never going to use. All are 510, small bore, and taller than the one that comes with the Crius II. Might be worth looking at anyway. I would be happy to send you some if you think you might like them.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Loving the Crius 2 more and more. Flavor has improved with some tweaks. Still no leaking. Think I'm going to take it to work today. Might even put it on the Ark.
Pam the nips are great. I order the standard, don't care for shorty dt. The pink, purple, and gold are pretty. I have silver and gunmetal. Got Meg the black. All look good, do look different on bigger tanks. Kinda tiny looking until you get used to it. Will mention the gunmetal is very dark. Thanks for offering some dt gifts. Very sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread