OBS Crius II RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
I knew it! You just can't help yourself. Me either, FT cart is getting full.:lol:
LOL- that's for sure! But I am saving money?????? I can't get the Pixy's here in the US- here in the US we have to take our vaping seriously!
I talked myself out of FT- they had the Black in stock, but the SS ships in 7 days- no way! I got burned on one of those before- waited a month till I cancelled my order on another ships in 7 days deal!
Actually your Crius ll was the best price and came in a lightning speed from GB- I ordered on 11/21 and in my mailbox 12/1- the fastest shipping yet, I really didn't expect to see that until after XMas!
Just check other sites too- I actually found better prices with 30% off at Heaven Gifts- even with the shipping it worked out $10.00 cheaper than GB. Heaven Gifts shipping was pretty fast also- but this time of year- who knows????

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I have Gaia and Crius 2 in cart at ft, waiting for holiday sales. Not too many of the newer mods appeal to me these days. Wanting another Therion.

I think I am going to buy that rainbow Engine Nano from the German source. It might be the last one left for sale on planet Earth. I am in good shape with my five Crius II attys. If OBS is phasing out the Nano, I want a couple of those in the drawer just because.

Oh, my Zeus came today. Haven't opened it yet. Another adventure. Sure do wish it was rainbow or gold. I would be much more excited if that was the case. ;)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I think I am going to buy that rainbow Engine Nano from the German source. It might be the last one left for sale on planet Earth. I am in good shape with my five Crius II attys. If OBS is phasing out the Nano, I want a couple of those in the drawer just because.

Oh, my Zeus came today. Haven't opened it yet. Another adventure. Sure do wish it was rainbow or gold. I would be much more excited if that was the case. ;)
If it stays popular they will release more colors, might not be shiny tho. You could order the blue Minikin and get a blue Zeus.:D

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I want to see mods and tanks in Pantone's Color of the Year for 2018 - Ultraviolet. That is much more to my liking.

apresentamos-a-cor-do-ano-2018-colour-of-the-year-image-credit-pantonebryoutube_1730189.jpg

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
I have Gaia and Crius 2 in cart at ft, waiting for holiday sales. Not too many of the newer mods appeal to me these days. Wanting another Therion.
The Asmodus Plaque is a stunning mod too! Love the engraving on those, they just look too big for me, I like the smaller dual battery mods or I would probably own one by now!
I found another really handy thing about those little metal coil brushes- they work well in combing out the wicks!

Reactions: Letitia

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
The Plaque is beautiful but too boxy. The Gaia looks to be very comfortable in hand and the solid color is appealing to me. Who knows, if I love the silver maybe I'll get a gold and a gold Crius and join you and Pam on the gold side.:D
I think the golds would look fantastic- Funny I wear all white gold jewelry, but loving the gold tanks and mods that I have- I know I am weird!

• Love
Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I think the golds would look fantastic- Funny I wear all white gold jewelry, but loving the gold tanks and mods that I have- I know I am weird!
Not weird, just enjoying diversity. You have to look at it from a different angle. Works for me every time.:rolleyes:

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
The Asmodus Plaque is a stunning mod too! Love the engraving on those, they just look too big for me, I like the smaller dual battery mods or I would probably own one by now!
I found another really handy thing about those little metal coil brushes- they work well in combing out the wicks!

I like the shape of the Minikin V2. It feels natural in my hand. I would buy another one if they introduced a shiny Ultraviolet colorway. :)

Those metal coil brushes are great! I picked up a couple of them a while back and they really do work well when strumming with the tweezers doesn't get out the hot spots in the coil. Thanks for the wick tip. I never thought about that. Creative tip of the day!

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I like the shape of the Minikin V2. It feels natural in my hand. I would buy another one if they introduced a shiny Ultraviolet colorway. :)

Those metal coil brushes are great! I picked up a couple of them a while back and they really do work well when strumming with the tweezers doesn't get out the hot spots in the coil.
I liked the Minikin performance, but not the hand feel. Was comfortable to hold and liked the heft. Just not right for me. Meg likes using it, so win win. Should have known that going in, used to love the Hugo 133. Just fell out of love holding it. Great mod for testing new rtas tho. Would recommend it to any wanting a simple workhorse.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I liked the Minikin performance, but not the hand feel. Was comfortable to hold and liked the heft. Just not right for me. Meg likes using it, so win win. Should have known that going in, used to love the Hugo 133. Just fell out of love holding it. Great mod for testing new rtas tho. Would recommend it to any wanting a simple workhorse.

Was that a V2 or the earlier version? Just curious.

sneipen

Nov 3, 2017
Norway
Ait, havent been here for a while. So, since im here i can say i ordered it. Shipping is slow tho, only my nano engine came within a week. But that was pure luck. Looking forward to try it out. And how it is compared to engine nano, that i also ordered one more off as backup. Great tank, and after beeing runed over by a 3-4ton veicle i can say obs makes quality tanks.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Ait, havent been here for a while. So, since im here i can say i ordered it. Shipping is slow tho, only my nano engine came within a week. But that was pure luck. Looking forward to try it out. And how it is compared to engine nano, that i also ordered one more off as backup. Great tank, and after beeing runed over by a 3-4ton veicle i can say obs makes quality tanks.
Flavor is pretty close for me. Remember for Crius to not thin wick tails.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I haven't needed to change the included NI80 coil but when I do, I will replace it with a slightly lower ohm stainless steel fused Clapton and see how that goes. IMO, the flavor is better than the Nano - it is airier which appeals to me. I still love my Nanos so they aren't being replaced. The Crius II LOVES cotton, so stuff it well. I don't thin the tails, just fluff them a bit so there aren't any dry spots.

Tnx for the tip. Probably going google builds before i do my first one to get a idea how to get tve most out of the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread