* ON SALE NOW * GV VISION EGO STARDUST 1.4 Sealed easy fill Special Top COIL, No WICKS HANGING, 2.5 to 2.7ohms, THICK COIL so break em in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
I screwed a 510 battery onto my Stardust and other than looking a bit silly and having an airier draw, the thing worked fine. It screwed onto the centre post, wouldn't fall of if given a tug, it just worked.

I found this out as my Riva V/V doesn't work with the Stardust as they have a shorter eGo thread on them than the eGo does. Same as the VGO. I have plenty of eGo/510 adapters to make them work but they cause the Stardust to have a rather tight draw.

I decided to use a 510/510 shorty extension and the screwed the Stardust onto it hoping the shorty would facilitate a connection.

Connection was made and function was perfect but the Stardust never actually made contact with the eGo threading, ergo the above 510 battery test.

What is the use of all this jabber you say?

For those that are waiting to use their Stardust and do not have an eGo battery or connector, try out the above. I don't mind the airier draw sometimes. :vapor: :2cool:

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
I've found that if one is using a PV that requires use of an extension to work, that the best solution is a 510-eGo adapter. If the draw is to tight for the liking, simply sand, file or otherwise grind off some of the eGo threads on one side till the draw feels proper.

While a 510 extension will work, it does feel a bit too airy IMO. Also, the 510-eGo adapter gives better stability, though that may be more of an observation on my end as it seems the 510 extensions I have, have rather loose fitting threads.

The same works well with a eGo battery itself, though of course a cone would never fit again.

antfuzz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Delaware
A little trick I use if I find a cartomizer is to airy is a very tiny piece of plumbers Teflon tape, the white stuff and plug up one of the air holes on the battery connector. One of my favorite little tools that I use is a pin glued into a piece of quarter-inch dowel which works wonderfully when trying to do this. It's also very easy to take out.

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
I've been on the Stardust for about 10 days now, I bought 4 units.

I had been using the LR Ego C, the flavor and TH are fantastic on the C..At my vaping volume the maintience and leaking was just to frequent to continue with it.

So far, the Stardust has been fantastic...zero leaks and not one dry hit after about 5 tankfulls in all of them, my juice viscosity runs from very very thin to Bobas Bounty thick.

They've been getting better tank after tank, however, they still don't produce the flavor or TH the LR Ego C did, I have no doubt the LR Stardust will be fantastic in all catagories, at least as good as the C...if not better, and for me, the virtually no maintience feature is huge.

wwturner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
Catoosa, OK
Here's a little trick I've learned from using the Stardusts...

If you are vaping an especially thick liquid like Boba's Bounty, fill the Stardust to the wicks, then add about 4 or 5 drops of PGA like Everclear, screw the mouthpiece back on securely, then shake the snot out of the Stardust. So far, it seems to help it wick better for me.

wwturner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
Catoosa, OK
That's true as I myself got a bad batch of Boba's around Christmas. However, I was only using Boba's as a reference. I'm sure that other flavors that are 50/50 PG/VG or thinner runs just fine in the Stardust. I myself have some DIY 50/50 Dutch Chocolate Mint that wicks fantastically in it, but due to the nature of such a dark juice, I have to run low voltage to keep from getting a burnt taste on the backside of the vape, which I experience with the juice on any carto I use. The Stardusts are awesome though, and I can't wait for more to arrive soon.

Adik Ted

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Scotland
I said earlier I was having trouble with my 100% VG but recently it's been a lot better. I found the flavour seemed to be better when the juice level was low and now (even when full) I align the wick ends perpendicular to the ego button so when I'm vaping only the bottom wick is in the juice. Seems to avoid the burnt taste for me. Maybe before I was flooding the wick by pointing the ego upwards when drawing, a habit I got into with the CEx cartomisers.

ckim111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2009
Everyone should either dry burn or clean the stardusts before using for the first time. Not just stardusts but any ce2 type variant.

The coils and wicks are not necessarily sanitary and I'm not too confident the Chinese factories are sterilizing them before they assemble our units.

Try smelling the insides of a brand new stardust and you can definitely smell mechanical oil type of scent. This scent goes away once you thoroughly clean and dry burn

antfuzz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Delaware
what your smelling my dears is called raw material, some are more sensitive then others and yes of coarse its good to clean any unit if you can.

It's been a year now since I quit and I must say my sense of smell is much better, taste buds not as much. I was surprised when I started to have a reaction to the plastic mouthpiece on the Stardust. But since I modded the Stardust so a 510 drip tip would fit I've had no issues.

RockinRobbieSF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
San Francisco, CA
www.lusternia.com
It's been a year now since I quit and I must say my sense of smell is much better, taste buds not as much. I was surprised when I started to have a reaction to the plastic mouthpiece on the Stardust. But since I modded the Stardust so a 510 drip tip would fit I've had no issues.

Share with us how you modded it!

antfuzz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Delaware
I took the top metal band off and then used a fine tooth hacksaw blade to cut that piece off. And then used a piece of sandpaper on a flat surface and sanded any rough edges off. I did need to ream the inside of the tube slightly on one but not the 2nd one, but you can do that with a knife and bevel that edge some.

Depending on the kind of drip tip you use will depend on how well it fits. I'm using aluminum drip tips and with one of them I needed to shim underneath the O-ring using a very tiny piece of rolled up Teflon tape, I think thread might work also.

I wish I could post pictures but I don't have a decent camera. I borrowed my friend's iPhone in order to take a photo of the finished product.

Robbie let me know if you have any further questions I would be more than happy to help.

wwturner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
Catoosa, OK
I took the top metal band off and then used a fine tooth hacksaw blade to cut that piece off. And then used a piece of sandpaper on a flat surface and sanded any rough edges off. I did need to ream the inside of the tube slightly on one but not the 2nd one, but you can do that with a knife and bevel that edge some.

Depending on the kind of drip tip you use will depend on how well it fits. I'm using aluminum drip tips and with one of them I needed to shim underneath the O-ring using a very tiny piece of rolled up Teflon tape, I think thread might work also.

I wish I could post pictures but I don't have a decent camera. I borrowed my friend's iPhone in order to take a photo of the finished product.

Robbie let me know if you have any further questions I would be more than happy to help.

You said the top metal band pops off and on. How?

antfuzz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Delaware
You said the top metal band pops off and on. How?

Leave the mouthpiece in position wiggle it back and forth and pull and it should start to separate. Take your fingernail at the base of where the metal band sits and you should feel a space. The mouthpiece has a threaded ring that will most likely start to move as you're wiggling it off, but if you're going to saw off that section it won't matter.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
If you experience any plasticy-taste with these it should go away after you have broken it in...

I should change my user name to "ItTastesLikePlastic" cause these Stardust EGos.. well... tasted a bit like plastic. Not as bad as the Smokeymizers, but still not nearly as clean a taste as a Boge carto. I notice that all the things I've bought (except one battery/juice feeder mod) that taste like plastic come from the OEM of the Stardust. (I don't mean GotVapes... they are just the reseller.) I'll let the Stardust sit filled with Ms T's SnickerDoodle for a week or so and then vape it again and see how it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread