Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Yes, I'm looking forward to using it this weekend. The tank I'm asking about is not Ego threaded. It is just a standard smoketech dual carto tank. The narrow 3.5 mil one.

It's got a native 510 threading, so any 510 threading will fit. The eGo fitting is a converter that comes with your V8 but one could use any converter to use any carto or atty with the V8.

EDIT*
OK, I answered too hastily. You will still need to use the 510-eGo attachment, because the tank threading won't fit down in the recessed part (as you suspected). I used it (in the pic) with an eGo thread cone - to hide the threads. I suppose one could use a shorty 510-510 adaptor too. Anyway, I hate it with my Lil Mama tank. It fell over as it is too heavy on the right side and actually made a small nick from scraping against the hard concrete wall. I like the fact that the V8 rocks, I don't want to have to lay it on it's side.
3509e2a.jpg

Last edited:

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Dragonbone to the rescue! Why didn't I think of that? Lol.

Hehe... I was going to say that I swooped down on my dragon wings, then I remembered that I'm just a bone....

By the way how are you enjoying your new vaping gizmo, and what carto or whatever are you using with it? I am using my EMDCC and when I hear that snap, crackle and pop when it's firing up.... Well it makes my dragon heart soar!

KalebK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2012
Spokane, WA
I love love LOVE it!!! I just got the low battery warning about a half hour or so ago. Should I swap them out now? I want to see just how long I can push it!! Lol. Right now im using a boge 3 ohm stainless carto becuz my phoenix's are pissing me off. I had a scare Monday night when one of them decided to drain out the battery connecter like a faucet and it was attached to my V8. All is well though, the V8 is still going strong!!

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I love love LOVE it!!! I just got the low battery warning about a half hour or so ago. Should I swap them out now? I want to see just how long I can push it!! Lol. Right now im using a boge 3 ohm stainless carto becuz my phoenix's are pissing me off. I had a scare Monday night when one of them decided to drain out the battery connecter like a faucet and it was attached to my V8. All is well though, the V8 is still going strong!!
Me too. I love it!!! Yay! Next time you order supplies, grab a Stardust and a EMDCC. No leaks EVER. Yes, I would change it out.
By the way, do you perhaps know where I can get spare batteries from?

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
I just received shipping confirmation for my white kit. It should be here Friday. It looks at though the connection area is somewhat recessed. Can the recessed area fit the narrow dct into it (same diameter as an ego), or will I need to use the adaptor?

Here's mine with the 3.5ml dct tank that came with the Ovale V8. The adaptor adds a little height to where you screw the tank into.

yourefired-albums-ovale-v8-variable-voltage-picture105624-ovale-v8-smoketech-dc-tank.jpg

Re: Stardusts, Edit: Oh wait, they're not. Disregard.

Last edited:

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Oh, well isnt that cool!! I was trying to bunch it all up on top of the batteries to get the battery door back on! Lmao Thank you Dragonbone.
lol!!! duh! I guess you are a youngling and don't remember old radios or flashlights etc. from China, with ribbons in the battery compartments. You are probably of the iPod generation hehe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread