Apr 2, 2012
Spokane, WA

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
Will do!! I received a Vision Grande from VapeDudes. Its green, but I don't see any ohm rating anywhere... Any clues?

The Vision Grandes from GotVapes are 2.6ohms, so that's my only clue. I don't see that VapeDudes has them anymore. Sometimes in your email invoice, the ohms are shown in the description. You could check that, I guess..

I see that these EMDCCs are low resistance, will I fry it with the v8??

That's a good question, but I don't know the answer. Mine haven't fried YET. Oh, and I've kept the voltage at between 3.7 and 4.2, if that makes a difference.

Last edited:

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Yep. It's a Mega Dual Coil Carto.. I just had to try one of these on my V8:

yourefired-albums-ovale-v8-variable-voltage-picture106854-mega-dual-coil-carto1.jpg

The tip is pretty big, but if they were all the same, it would get boring, so.......
No, no no... you need the eGo Delrin or aluminium Drip Tip(Type B) . Those rubber ones feel horrible! I think the gold or black will look awesome on your device. Oh and I think I saw that MadVapes has them. I jist linked to Health Cabin, because that is where I bought mine.
Love what you did to your EMDCC. How did you fill it? With a syringe?

KalebK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2012
Spokane, WA
No it won't. My EMDCC's are also LR and working fantastically. Just use your V8 on the low setting. I'm on 3.0 -3.2 lol.

Thanks Dragonbone, so here is the challange I am facing right now, I am hoping you or someone else might be able to give me some advice.... I purchased a green Vision Grande tank from Vape Dudes and i filled it up with juice, put it on my V8 set to 3 volts and i get a slight burnt taste, so I figured it was having wick issues since I seem to have bad luck with CE2 styled things! I put a little more liquid in it, still burnt.... Now heres the weird thing.... I pulled out my eGo-ish device and it works flawless on that. When I went on http:://www.asmartsmoke.com a few days ago and I read the description for my PV that I have from them (Omega II) it says 5V output on a freshly charged battery. Its fully charged since i've been using my V8 exclusively so I have no idea whats going on!!! The ohms for the Grande aren't listed anywhere and its called the CE7 on the Vape Dudes website. I'm frustrated to say the least!!!

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
No, no no... you need the eGo Delrin or aluminium Drip Tip(Type B) . Those rubber ones feel horrible! I think the gold or black will look awesome on your device. Oh and I think I saw that MadVapes has them. I jist linked to Health Cabin, because that is where I bought mine.
Love what you did to your EMDCC. How did you fill it? With a syringe?

Yes, Carolina Vapes has a few color options as well. I don't mind the large whistle tip style except it has to always be facing the right direction, lol. Yeah, I'll throw in a mega tip whenever I place my next order somewhere. Probably the gold, black, and a silver. They're usually $2-$3. I like how they're only $1.50 at Health Cabin, though..

Yep, a blunt tip syringe around the inside edges of the carto does the trick. I've vaped it dry once already today and had to refill it. It's totally my fave new carto right now, even though it doesn't look like one of my neato tanks.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Yes, Carolina Vapes has a few color options as well. I don't mind the large whistle tip style except it has to always be facing the right direction, lol. Yeah, I'll throw in a mega tip whenever I place my next order somewhere. Probably the gold, black, and a silver. They're usually $2-$3. I like how they're only $1.50 at Health Cabin, though..

Yep, a blunt tip syringe around the inside edges of the carto does the trick. I've vaped it dry once already today and had to refill it. It's totally my fave new carto right now, even though it doesn't look like one of my neato tanks.
It's such an under appreciated carto. I just got to try one by chance about 8 months ago, when I bought a mixed starter kit of about 6 giant cartomizer types. The EMDCC lay untouched for months (I wasn't so taken by it's massive size at the time) but when I finally did try it I was so impressed. Anyway it lasted about 6 months, and now I FINALLY got to crack open a new one for my V8 YAY. I mean I love that it lasts forever, but I wanted to try a new one.
By the way, there is a huge thread on the EMDCC's here on the forum that I found a few weeks ago hehe..

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Wow, they last 6 months?! That's awesome. I'm glad I got one each of four colors. Something told me it was a keeper, and it just looked so cool on your V8.. like it was made for it. It makes my V8 look more like a walkie talkie than an ecigarette.
Lucky you! I was just kicking myself for only getting silver and black at the last health Cabin sale. Now they are all sold out in red and blue. The red with a black driptip would probablly look great on your black shiny one.. or red with gold driptip. But since they last for so long, it may be months before you get to try another color...

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Thanks Dragonbone, so here is the challange I am facing right now, I am hoping you or someone else might be able to give me some advice.... I purchased a green Vision Grande tank from Vape Dudes and i filled it up with juice, put it on my V8 set to 3 volts and i get a slight burnt taste, so I figured it was having wick issues since I seem to have bad luck with CE2 styled things! I put a little more liquid in it, still burnt.... Now heres the weird thing.... I pulled out my eGo-ish device and it works flawless on that. When I went on http:://www.asmartsmoke.com a few days ago and I read the description for my PV that I have from them (Omega II) it says 5V output on a freshly charged battery. Its fully charged since i've been using my V8 exclusively so I have no idea whats going on!!! The ohms for the Grande aren't listed anywhere and its called the CE7 on the Vape Dudes website. I'm frustrated to say the least!!!
Hi Kaleb, sorry you have lost me.... what doesn't work? Are you saying that the Vision Grand tastes burt when using on the V8?

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Yes, I get a nasty throat hit that is the same kind of hit you get on a dry atty....i dont understand because the product page for my ego device says that on a fresh battery it is putting out 5 volts, and it tastes fine when I put it on my ego! I have made sure that the V8 is set at 3 volts and it is!!

Oops, sorry Kaleb, I have no idea. Actually I am not familiar with the device you are using. What is a Green Vision Grande Tank? By the way, have you tried any other cartomizers or wherever on your V8. I have tried Vision Stardust, EMDCC, 306 atty and a few other 510 cartos. Everything is fine so far. What I mean, is it your device voltage reading that may be faulty, or not?

KalebK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2012
Spokane, WA
My phoenix's were fine, but they are in time out right now because they are leaking out the battery connector like crazy, the only other carto that I have used is boge 3 ohms and they work great, I have a bunch of them, then I have my phoenix's and the green colored Vision Grande that I got today. Whats weird is I can't find an ohm rating anywhere!!! This is it: 6mL Multi-Colored CE7

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Yes, I try to get the air out as best I can, is that what can make it leak out of the battery connecter??

That is what they say. There might be other reasons but I've never had one leak yet. I haven't spent much time reading the ce3 thread but I'm sure you might find some answers over there.

This is one of the posts from that thread.

Not sure if you know this or not, but you have to make sure there are no air bubbles in the syringe when you fill these cartos or they WILL LEAK. An air bubble will cause the liquid to spew out the connector end. I doubt the ones you threw away where broken, but just keep in mind about the bubbles next time

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread