Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Looks like PP no longer a option for FT. View attachment 907063

Oh I see now. SKU 9725902 is a pack of Aspire coils. You can't buy Aspire products from FT using Paypal. Aspire blocks certain merchants on Paypal from using Paypal to sell their stuff. You have to buy a gift certificate, then buy the Aspire products using the gift certificate funds.

If you look about half way down that page on the right, you'll see the following notice...

Important information and restrictions:
    • This item can only be purchased via Bitcoin (XBT) or gift certificates (store credits).
    • Bitcoin is secure and popular. First time using Bitcoin? Click here to get started

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Oh I see now. SKU 9725902 is a pack of Aspire coils. You can't buy Aspire products from FT using Paypal. Aspire blocks certain merchants on Paypal from using Paypal to sell their stuff. You have to buy a gift certificate, then buy the Aspire products using the gift certificate funds.

If you look about half way down that page on the right, you'll see the following notice...

• This item can only be purchased via Bitcoin (XBT) or gift certificates (store credits).
    • Bitcoin is secure and popular. First time using Bitcoin? Click here to get started

I didn't know that.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    FT listed options...

Screen shot 2020-09-12 at 9.06.09 PM.png

As for cryptocurrencies...
    Screen shot 2020-09-12 at 9.06.34 PM.png

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I just attempted checkout with a Smoant Taggerz mod and got no "Paypal Unavailable" warning and transaction was forwarded to Paypal as normal.

I have got that warning so far when I added an aspire product, which is par for the coarse at FT since about prolly 2016.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

That's Right...

I Vaguely Remember something about PP not working with some Aspire Products on FT.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    True, but if the FDA is sending warning letters to giants like Go Daddy and PP, won't they do the same for cc companies? Can they do it? Will they comply?

CC copmanies are allowed to collect paypment for vape prodduct because vape is not, as a category, illegal. The problem now is that some vape is illegal (no PMTA or rejected) and some vape is not (PMTA pending/approved).

So credit card processors would have to spend a lot of money making a database of UPCs and such so that only FDA approved UPCs can be processed. This is simplified, it would be a lot more laborious than that. As such, the FDA cannot really urge CC processors to only ban transactions for certain UPCs.

The only thing that can happen is certain big processors can, if they want, decide to drop vape transactions altogether. But since it is not illegal, the other processors will just pick up the new business. One such processor did that a couple years ago. Nothing to do with the government, they just decided to drop vape merchants. I wish I could remember who that was, but I remember they were a rather large player in the merchant processing world.

Vape is already categorized as "high Risk" so that avenue has already been visited years ago. Vape shops have to pay more now, but at least they can take your credit card. Just like with Firearms sales and other high risk categories.

I personally don't see non-3rd party processors (like Paypal) dropping vape en masse. There's money to be made there.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    This Stinks!! We all wondered if this would possibly happen, but so soon?! Man, this is a heavy blow.

I just Feel Sad for the Majority of Vaper's who Don't Know what is Going On. Or what Might be Coming.

At least Most of Us here on the ECF have had some Warning. And a Chance to Stock Up before things start to go Pear Shaped.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal

I so don't want to go that route. I don't know how, I don't want to, period. Geeze...

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    True, but if the FDA is sending warning letters to giants like Go Daddy and PP, won't they do the same for cc companies? Can they do it? Will they comply?
    If they go that far then I would just use Bitcoin. My brother uses them all the time without issue.

There will always be ways around the FDA, banks and cc companies. None of those know how to deal with the current world of crypocurrencies. Some US banks like JP Morgan's crypto.

Not sure what provider hosts FT but them being a Chinese company they are likely hosted by an in-country provider.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread