DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
65,557!

hot-air-balloon-4.jpg

I'm only 52 so I'm hoping it all goes well.
But we are very well prepared.

Yep, that's the key, prior prep.

DO stop in now and then to keep us up to date :)

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
65,594!

1ggckh.jpg

I'm only 52 so I'm hoping it all goes well.
But we are very well prepared.

If it goes as planned, I hope to spend some time here again.
But the other projects on my plate (outside of work) are keeping me pretty busy as well.

I love all you guys, and miss talking to you all.
(and a lot of others who aren't reading this thread)

Hope it goes as planned and what DavidOck said, let us know how it's going! :)

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
:nun:

Got a sucker punch this morning that has left me devastated, distraught and in tears. Haven't known what to say all day. This will take you to the post I'm talking about. Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

@Robino1 doesn't deserve what she's gotten. I've always admired her. She has always been kind, funny, sincere, fair and upbeat on ECF. We gave her grief (jokingly) for becoming one of "those" when she became a (probationary :lol:) moderator. Her temperament and integrity never wavered when she became a mod. I have unequivocally admired and loved her throughout my years (5+) here.

Due to misdiagnosis, I've been in Robin's shoes in thinking I was going to die. I've seen the agony of my relatives and friends, witnessed my husband valiantly trying (and failing) not to cry through doctor's appointments. It's a terrifying position to be in. You feel so sick you honestly feel there is no way you will survive. Oddly, even the dog got it and tried to do what he could. For me, in the end, it was a simple solution, avoid something I was eating and I slowly got better, something I never, ever, thought was going to happen. That's not the case for Robin. :cry:

I understand and respect Robin's decision to withdraw from ECF and decide where she is going from here on out. It's her call and it's not an easy one. I respect and understand, and support, whatever decision she makes. No one should ever be put through this.

Robin's been a longtime supporter of the petition and this thread. She'd want us to carry as normal, I'm taking the liberty of speaking for all of us here, so we will with her her with us in spirit. She's a fighter and so are we, on all fronts to save vaping.

giphy.gif

David, please que the replay!

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I agree @Robino1 you are on of the people who made ECF welcoming to me when I got here and a truly lovely person. I know you need some time away to deal and all, but I am praying for you, your family, and for the very best outcome possible. I was so sorry to hear about your news, and I wish things could be different. I'm sure you'll keep fighting but I feel awful this is happening to you, and you are in so many folks thoughts and prayers I am certain.

Anna

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

This is what we're fighting, folks:

FDA Considers Online Vape Ban

FDA Considers Online Vape Ban
Ali Anderson / September 26, 2018 / News & Media, Science & Policy, Data
THE US government is considering banning the online sales of e-cigarettes, it has been revealed.

Head of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Scott Gottlieb has admitted the shock move is one of the proposals "on the table" as part of its crackdown on teen vaping.

While speaking on a panel discussion on e-cigarettes hosted by US news website Axios on Tuesday, Gottlieb explained the FDA will reveal more about its future plans in November when they release new data on the use of e-cigarettes by minors.

The proposal has already been heavily criticized as a potential disaster to America's health with thousands of ex smokers having quit their deadly cigarette addiction thanks to vaping.

Gottlieb told the panel: “One of the things we’re looking at is whether or not we should change our regulations to address how these products are being sold, particularly how they’re being sold online.

“We have two problems – one with appeal – they are too appealing to kids and the other is access – they are too accessible to kids and we think the online portal is one of the reasons why they’re so accessible.”

He then admitted that, in the future, vape products could be treated like cigarettes, which are banned from online sales, and current vape websites could be shut down or restricted.

Gottlieb also revealed “new limits” on flavored e-cigarette products are also in the pipeline, since the range of candy and fruit vape flavors on the market is currently “too appealing” and “too accessible” to children.

Users who are viewing this thread