petition needs your signature

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Signed!! 522 to go to meet the 10,000 mark!

Question, if vaping products do not get classified as a tobacco product, will that automatically drop the cigarette tax associated with eliquid purchases (I'm pretty sure this varies from state to state, if charged at all). Will they come up with a new vapor product tax? Or target and highly tax nicotine liquids??

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Signed!! 522 to go to meet the 10,000 mark!

Question, if vaping products do not get classified as a tobacco product, will that automatically drop the cigarette tax associated with eliquid purchases (I'm pretty sure this varies from state to state, if charged at all). Will they come up with a new vapor product tax? Or target and highly tax nicotine liquids??
I'm not sure, IF this were successful, and vapor products are not deemed tobacco products, I assume either the FDA will try to regulate them by some other means, or a regulating body/association can be formed. It would be a new product category, kind of like supplements/vitamins, so the industry could have a say in how it's regulated, I think. I just know that Tobacco Product is NOT the right classification.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
:lol: Had me laughing. Thanks for the post. Hope the petition makes a difference!:vapor:
Well, I had my original thread that was the planning of the petition, and then I started one in Media and General News once I actually published it, so I missed this one :lol:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
How is ~0.00045454545454545% of the population of the US signing a petition going to help anything...never got how that worked

I've never seen any good come from these electronic petitions but I signed anyway. Signatures are over 7500, BTW.
I'm not usually one to go for these either but here's how I see it. Best case scenario we get 1M signatures and the people in charge take notice. Worst case scenario we've let vapers, family and friends know that there is a threat to vaping and it is serious, and maybe they'll start paying more attention.

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
Well, I had my original thread that was the planning of the petition, and then I started one in Media and General News once I actually published it, so I missed this one :lol:
I am new to any forums so I hope it was okay to have a thread letting folks know a petition needed sigs and I have sort of just figured out how to copy and paste links Petition · U.S. Senate, U.S. House of Representatives, President of the United States: Reject the FDA's Deeming of Vapor Products as Tobacco Products · Change.org

all is good I hope?

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I
I am new to any forums so I hope it was okay to have a thread letting folks know a petition needed sigs and I have sort of just figured out how to copy and paste links Petition · U.S. Senate, U.S. House of Representatives, President of the United States: Reject the FDA's Deeming of Vapor Products as Tobacco Products · Change.org

all is good I hope?

I certainly appreciated your repost of the petition link. This should be a hot topic and viewable in all threads IMHO.
Maybe a a spot at the beginning of all threads that would link to a bulletin board like thread of hot topic posts/most viewed or COAs.

COA = Call on Action/Call to Action

Tmg666

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2014
Green bay, Wisconsin
Anyone know how to get this petition on the "Trending" list??? I wonder if that has anything to do with politics or under the table cash from change.org or something.... u would think 10k signitures in one day is trending worthy....
Not sure but, if you donate money it gets seen by more people. For $100 an ad will appear for 500 people.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Anyone know how to get this petition on the "Trending" list??? I wonder if that has anything to do with politics or under the table cash from change.org or something.... u would think 10k signitures in one day is trending worthy....
Look for a red button on the right side of the petition - "Promote this petition" - I'm not clear on how it works, but you can spend as little as $5 - and this puts it in the "popular" or "trending" I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread