Phoenix BC burnt taste problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lex0r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2012
Los Angeles
Last night I filled 2 Phoenix BC clearo's as per the instructions in the video. I took my time making sure everything was done correctly. I have noticed that unless I dont do some dry pulls on the Phoenix before I actually fire the battery, the vapor is burnt tasting. So as of right now, I have to do like 3 or 4 dry pulls before each time I want to get good vapor. Does anyone have a solution to this? It seems like the wicks could really use some improvement, perhaps having them extend further (vertically) on to the center post. Any ideas?

Carolina Vapoor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2012
North Carolina, US
Actually you might need to shorten the wicks. I trim all of mine flush with the outside of the post opening with a pair of finger nail clippers. Also when you fill them DO NOT fill all the way. For me filling to the line where the center post connects to the bottom seems to be the perfect spot. Filling to this point seems to leave just the right amount of air needed for the vacuum to work properly. Also these things come completely dry (no primer at all on the wicks.) Because of this on the 1st fill up you may want to fill completely and then just a hair more to prime it, and then draw some of the juice back into the syringe untill you have the desired air pocket.

The pointers above are just the basics. Some have did a little more to theirs. But for me I just have not had any need to do any extreme moding to these yet

EDIT - What BC do you have. The 3ml or the XL?

Vayne

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2009
Arizona Bay
do you have the XL or the 3ml? I have 10 3ml's and so far i have had 1 that i had to tinker with just a bit....pulled it apart ala Bad's video, cleaned it and had to raise the coil just slightly so the wicks sit even with the slots...before i did that, I also found that i needed to do some dry pulls to get the juice flowing...also, you can gently squeeze the plastic case tube until you see air bubbles in the juice to get the wicking going...after the small tweak with the coil, my 3ml hits like a dream just like the rest of the phoenix's i have :)

Lex0r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2012
Los Angeles
Thanks to both of you. I have actually applied pressure to the tube and noticed that more juice flowed to the coil but i dont want to warp it. I will try to mess with them. But ideally, I would like them to require less fiddling. My post was regarding the 1.5ml clearo's, but I have one of the 3ml tanks that I will fill tonight. Please keep the suggestions coming!

Edit: just wanted to add that I have the 2.6 to 2.8 ohm version and I'm using them around 4.2 volts.

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
Well, throughout the morning I have still been gettin burnt tastes, even after messing with them a bit. Seems like too much hassle to me. I'll probably just stick with Boge Carto's. Too bad because I really liked the idea of the Phoenix clearo's. Glad I at least tried these though!

if the coil is aligned with the slots, this carto works good IF the liquid is thin. if you dont lift up the post or file larger grooves for the wicks, thicker liquid will not do well in these. this includes all nlv's juices (65pg/35vg)

budsalinger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
New Jersey
I'm with you lex0r. I've actually purchased Phoenix 3ml and 1.5ml and CE3 bc from a few sites because I very much want these to be my new favorites. No filler material and bottom coil seems ideal.... if it would work properly. After 1-4 hits I get burning flavor, and not slight burnt taste either but full on disgusting poisonous lungs-full of death vapor. I wish i could fix this. I'll tamper with mine tonight as posted above and post back if I get any positive results.

Lex0r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2012
Los Angeles
I'm with you lex0r. I've actually purchased Phoenix 3ml and 1.5ml and CE3 bc from a few sites because I very much want these to be my new favorites. No filler material and bottom coil seems ideal.... if it would work properly. After 1-4 hits I get burning flavor, and not slight burnt taste either but full on disgusting poisonous lungs-full of death vapor. I wish i could fix this. I'll tamper with mine tonight as posted above and post back if I get any positive results.

Hmm, very interesting. Sorry to hear that you are having problems as well. Yeah I plan to file the wick port a bit and make sure it's centered. Seems like too much work for something right out of the box huh? What is the PG/VG ratio of the juice you use in the Phoenix?

Lex0r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2012
Los Angeles
you can squeeze the tube with your fingers and that way feed the juice into the coils. do you see bubbles after you vape? if not, the coil is more than likely running dry.

Yeah that's one of the first things i instinctually tried haha. I have been squeezing them and seeing the bubbles. I guess I just want to avoid having to fiddle with them so much you know?

budsalinger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
New Jersey
Hmm, very interesting. Sorry to hear that you are having problems as well. Yeah I plan to file the wick port a bit and make sure it's centered. Seems like too much work for something right out of the box huh? What is the PG/VG ratio of the juice you use in the Phoenix?

100% pg. I prefer high vg % but clearly these can't even handle 0% vg. I mix my own so I know for sure.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
100% pg. I prefer high vg % but clearly these can't even handle 0% vg. I mix my own so I know for sure.

You should read through the main thread before making such claims... Plenty of users have no issues with these... I'm not one of them but I won't ignore what others are saying simply because I have some issues. I didn't do a head count... but I'd think it's safe to say that the majority have no problems at all and only some of us have problems.

Lex0r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2012
Los Angeles
has squeezing them helped you lex?

Squeezing has helped a bit but I think it warps the tube for a moment and allows juice to come out the battery end (not the hole in the threaded part, just the tube). When I do 4 quick dry drags before firing my battery, the flavor is good, so I think I'll stick with that for now. I'm really excited to try the tank version I have, now that I know how these need to be treated with the juice I am using.

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
100%VG. Thick 100%VG works perfectly fine in mine. I've vaped roughly 80ml of Boba's Bounty now through the same Phoenix.

Works better than any filler carto IF one takes the time to read what to do in the main thread. Photo0020.jpg

mattkohl71

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Iowa
100%VG. Thick 100%VG works perfectly fine in mine. I've vaped roughly 80ml of Boba's Bounty now through the same Phoenix.

Works better than any filler carto IF one takes the time to read what to do in the main thread. View attachment 109163

Which main thread is that? And what tips exactly work the best?

I tried my best to get through the Fluxomizer thread, but all of it was outdated with the old model (You have no idea how confused I was when I opened up my newer model Fluxo's and it looked nothing like the old one) and it was very hard to find real tips in there.

I think someone should sticky the main fixes and how-to's that are clear and concise!

budsalinger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
New Jersey
You should read through the main thread before making such claims... Plenty of users have no issues with these... I'm not one of them but I won't ignore what others are saying simply because I have some issues. I didn't do a head count... but I'd think it's safe to say that the majority have no problems at all and only some of us have problems.

Ok, sorry I guess. Where's the main thread? What's a main thread? Link please :)

Ps the squeezing seemed to help. I've been using these now for about two hours and they're working better. I'm using 100% pg, but still... Now I can experiment a bit. Thank you Mello very much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread