KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
I would think at the higher wattages, I know a bunch of 2 18650 mods do it to hit 200w
The highest I vape usually is at 66-77w, but for the sake of vape science I'll give higher watts a go.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

cocy c

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2015
The highest I vape usually is at 66-77w, but for the sake of vape science I'll give higher watts a go.

Nice set up's I like the lot but how do you get on with the Tesla Nano I Have the stainless steel one and have to press button 5 time's for a lot of the function's a bit of a way i get mixed up with it like turning off.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Nice set up's I like the lot but how do you get on with the Tesla Nano I Have the stainless steel one and have to press button 5 time's for a lot of the function's a bit of a way i get mixed up with it like turning off.
Thanks CC; I like them a lot too. I have been using the Teslas mainly since I received my vape mail yesterday, and I am loving them. I'm also using them in power mode and not having much issues with the menu, although I do understand what you're saying.

Se/\/te/\/ced

Unresolved Status
Mar 14, 2014
Pakistan
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Se/\/te/\/ced

Unresolved Status
Mar 14, 2014
Pakistan
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina

Usually a Dual 18650 200w box mod like the SnowWolf 200W for example, uses PWM to Pulse above 150Ws, maybe even lower. It can't put out 200W Continuous with just 2 18650's.

Some mods also use it to go lower than the 4.2V battery charge so it can be used for low wattage. If the mod doesnt have real Step-Down.

Some just work better than others I suppose and thats why people were asking I believe..

Lol Im not an Expert in ANY WAY here btw haha :w00t::D

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
Usually a Dual 18650 200w box mod like the SnowWolf 200W for example, uses PWM to Pulse above 150Ws, maybe even lower. It can't put out 200W Continuous with just 2 18650's.

Some mods also use it to go lower than the 4.2V battery charge so it can be used for low wattage. If the mod doesnt have real Step-Down.

Some just work better than others I suppose and thats why people were asking I believe..

Lol Im not an Expert in ANY WAY here btw haha :w00t::D

All regulated devices we use work off of PWM even Evolv's boards. They use capacitors on the voltage output to quiet the signal to give a smooth vape. Other like Yihi use PWM to their advantage as in TC mode to control the temp of the vape and in VW mode back to a smooth signal that we all are after. And others still use it to hit high wattage like the Snow Wolf you guys are talking about. If I remember correct Evolv were the first ones to have a regulator that provided a flat signal, before then every regulated mod gave us the rattlesnake vape and in some cases it was so bad you could feel it in your mouth. I am not sure about getting a harsh vape from using PWM I have never experienced that before, but maybe the OP could change his build some to correct the issue.

cocy c

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2015
Thanks CC; I like them a lot too. I have been using the Teslas mainly since I received my vape mail yesterday, and I am loving them. I'm also using them in power mode and not having much issues with the menu, although I do understand what you're saying.

Just to let you see the nano in stainless steel and Invader III in black is the best of the two in my opinion good battery life if setting are right.
IMG_0376.JPG
IMG_0261.JPG

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
New mod today in the mail, the Smoant Knight V1 (Next to the Beyond/Athena Tandem)
upload_-1

High level details -
  • TC/VW up to 60W
  • replaceable 18650
  • The weight is about the same as the Tandem before adding a battery definitely a lot heavier after it is installed - this is a very heavy mod - it reminded me of the VTR
  • narrower than the Tandem
  • Taller than the tandem
  • It feels better in my hand
  • Buttons are both more pronounced and take more force to push
Less than 12 hours using it, but I think I might like it better than the Tandem.

I guess I will be ordering a 2nd one of these to go in the backup box. (already have the ATHENA eNVy22 coming in the mail as a backup to the tandem)

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
Got some vapemail today, finally got a back-up mod in case anything happens to my beloved VT:

27121110090_ba156a949c_b.jpg

Although it's tiny it's still quite comfortable to use, somewhat to my surprise. Resistance reading is about 0,14ohm off though, hopefully a firmware update will fix it but if not I guess I can live with it.

Size comparison with a Zippo:

27325672931_efd9a6ed80_b.jpg

27121108980_616a73b355_b.jpg

Last edited:

cocy c

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2015
I've got to say I've always been a fan of the Kayfun atomizer, but I think they're a little bit behind at this point. The Serpent does everything the Kayfun 5 does, and then some. Oh, and it cost a whole lot less.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Is the Serpent as good or better than the KayFun as I am thinking of getting one and at the price it just may be a great buy.So if you lost your's wood you buy a new one ? I have never had a KayFun so i do not have a opinion on it at all but it look like a simple build and so do the Serpent ?

Reactions: AstroTurf

PressPlayVape

Mod Addict
ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
CA
Is the Serpent as good or better than the KayFun as I am thinking of getting one and at the price it just may be a great buy.So if you lost your's wood you buy a new one ? I have never had a KayFun so i do not have a opinion on it at all but it look like a simple build and so do the Serpent ?

I really like the Serpent/Serpent Mini but IMO they're not comparable to the Kayfun 5. I guess it really depends on your style of vaping and they're obviously substantially cheaper. But if price was thrown out I would be vaping a Kayfun 10 out of 10 times over my Serpents. The Serpents are terrific for single coil lung hits but IMO the Kayfun blows them out of the water in MTL flavor. The Kayfun 5 also does a really great restricted lung hit that I enjoy quite a bit as well. There's always going to be personal preference with all of these devices But I also think for the price the Serpents are very solid.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Depends on your vaping style. If you are strictly mouth too lung, the Kayfun is better. If you prefer direct to lung, the Serpent's going to be better. If you like to switch-hit, the Serpent will be better, but not a perfect mouth to lung.

cocy c

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2015
Got some vapemail today, finally got a back-up mod in case anything happens to my beloved VT:

27121110090_ba156a949c_b.jpg

Although it's tiny it's still quite comfortable to use, somewhat to my surprise. Resistance reading is about 0,14ohm off though, hopefully a firmware update will fix it but if not I guess I can live with it.

Size comparison with a Zippo:

27325672931_efd9a6ed80_b.jpg

27121108980_616a73b355_b.jpg
Nice lot your post today.I just got the NUGGET in today vape mail but in SS.The black paint look's great like it will last.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!

Traditional Kayfuns are very much a MTL type device and Serpent is built more for DL type vaping style.

I don't know about the Kayfun 5, maybe it is more lung hit based device than it's predecessors.

I've had both and they are both fantastic at what they do, but a different style of vape is given by both.

If you want large airflow, clouds, DL vaping and use high VG juice the Serpent is a good choice.

If you want tighter airflow, flavor, MTL vaping and use medium level VG % then Kayfun traditionals (or the new Kayfun mini v3) is a good choice.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!

Also, please realize that there are now tons of clones of many of the classic Kayfuns if you would like to try before buying an authentic... very comparable in price to a Serpent.

cocy c

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2015
9fcc653d8a4707ab94225f1969abf729.jpg

Some of yesterday's vapemail. A Raptor and a Hana One.

You will have to have the life.s of a cat to out last all your vape supply's HA.Just joking.Nice lot .You must have been happy to see the mail man.

Last edited:

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
Nice lot your post today.I just got the NUGGET in today vape mail but in SS.The black paint look's great like it will last.

Yeah, today has been good so far ;)

I actually wanted the copper version but someone bought the last one a day before my paycheck came in unfortunately.

But it's easier to find a matching RTA with this one I guess, haha.

And if the paint doesn't hold up I've found a nice carbon fiber wrap for it already :)

Could you please come to the Nugget thread in the TC section once you had some time to play with yours?

I'd like to discuss how it functions a little more but so far other Nugget owners do not seem all that keen to share their experience on the little fellow. I'm particularly curious about others their experience in TC mode with this thing as I've noticed some possibly odd behavior already.

So far it is still cute enough to get away with it, but I have a feeling it doesn't always do what it's suppose to do.

cocy c

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2015
Depends on your vaping style. If you are strictly mouth too lung, the Kayfun is better. If you prefer direct to lung, the Serpent's going to be better. If you like to switch-hit, the Serpent will be better, but not a perfect mouth to lung.

Thank you for all your help there.Your the Daddy of ECF.:2cool:

Last edited:

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
New mod today in the mail, the Smoant Knight V1 (Next to the Beyond/Athena Tandem)
upload_-1

High level details -
  • TC/VW up to 60W
  • replaceable 18650
  • The weight is about the same as the Tandem before adding a battery definitely a lot heavier after it is installed - this is a very heavy mod - it reminded me of the VTR
  • narrower than the Tandem
  • Taller than the tandem
  • It feels better in my hand
  • Buttons are both more pronounced and take more force to push
Less than 12 hours using it, but I think I might like it better than the Tandem.

I guess I will be ordering a 2nd one of these to go in the backup box. (already have the ATHENA eNVy22 coming in the mail as a backup to the tandem)
Does your 510 adjust on the knight to accommodate your tank? Or is it just a gimmick?

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread