Pitbull Beta Test Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen some mention that a carto was not fitting right or was very tight to get on.... I have one SS carto that does not like one of my SS batteries. The carto is very hard to get on that one battery but works & screws on perfect to the others. So don't throw out that carto just yet, especially if you will be getting another SS battery. It may work just fine on a different battery.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
Just topped of a carto w/ some RY4 VG. Only took 6 drops, and I had to blow some out from the batt end. Not sure if it is not sucking it up well because it is VG or what(it is fairly thin VG, much the consistency of PG). Unfortunately, I still have a bit of metal taste to it. The flavor is not nearly as nice as from my eGo. Maybe my filling technique needs some work(followed LKs directions, but first time dealing w/ non eGo mega cartos). I'll play w/ it some more, and I'll try some PG juice in the next carto.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
OK, so appearantly, the "screen" underneath the first silicone ring doesn't like my VG. It took about 6 more drops after pulling that out. Taste is much better now, nearly on par w/ my eGo. Perhaps that piece is supposed to be removed for refilling? Maybe the second ring should be removed also? Any feedback from those experienced w/ this type of carto would be appreciated.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I just got mine. Woohoo! It's very pretty. I got the hendu/silver cartos (regular flavor, high nic- 16mg?) and they look perfect with it.

I'm coming from manual Kr8's and a Riva. I've only used one Kr8 auto battery- and didn't like it. I'm using the puppy straight out of the package, without charging it first. The PB has light draw, which i like. It also has decent vapor, and a good throat hit. Not much flavor, but that's less important to me personally. I set up a counting application on my palm pre- it'll be interesting to try to remember to tap the counter when I vape.

plerskine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Florida
LowThudd I take out the "little screen" and both of the little plastic rings and I just leave them out when refilling. When a new carto is empty I run it under warm water, blow out the excess water, let it dry, fill it with ejuice. So far, I've done this numerous times, with juices from FSUSA and MsT's, and I have yet to have a cartomizer "die" and I got my SS 7/23. I've prefilled some and put in the fridge and those are working too. I've also not "washed" with warm water, just added different juice to mix flavors and they still keep working.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
LowThudd I take out the "little screen" and both of the little plastic rings and I just leave them out when refilling. When a new carto is empty I run it under warm water, blow out the excess water, let it dry, fill it with ejuice. So far, I've done this numerous times, with juices from FSUSA and MsT's, and I have yet to have a cartomizer "die" and I got my SS 7/23. I've prefilled some and put in the fridge and those are working too. I've also not "washed" with warm water, just added different juice to mix flavors and they still keep working.

Thanks for the input. Yea, I played w/ it a bit more and it filled much better when I took out the screen and BOTH rings. Didn't bother to wash it, the RY$ flavor is plenty strong enough, and now over powers the original juice nicely. Taste is MUCH better now. Thanks.

plerskine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Florida
You're welcome. I'm currently waiting for the PB to finish charging (so far over 2 hrs now and still charging on my SS home charger), then I will try my juice and evaluate flavor. Puff counts for me last night were about 176 but I was taking very long "drags". I did notice the cutoff time shorten after about 125 puffs. Since I was alternating between the PB and Hendu to compare them I'm not sure yet of the actual battery life for me so I will check that as well. Thank you bill, lk, and ss for this opportunity. Please bear with me- I will only be able to access the forum via my iPhone and only periodically as my Dad is in critical condition in SICU and I'm getting ready to head to the hospital again. I will update as I can.

billster88

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2008
canada
www.smokestik.com
You're welcome. I'm currently waiting for the PB to finish charging (so far over 2 hrs now and still charging on my SS home charger), then I will try my juice and evaluate flavor. Puff counts for me last night were about 176 but I was taking very long "drags". I did notice the cutoff time shorten after about 125 puffs. Since I was alternating between the PB and Hendu to compare them I'm not sure yet of the actual battery life for me so I will check that as well. Thank you bill, lk, and ss for this opportunity. Please bear with me- I will only be able to access the forum via my iPhone and only periodically as my Dad is in critical condition in SICU and I'm getting ready to head to the hospital again. I will update as I can.

According to the technical specs on the new PB battery....you should be getting approx 150+ or - as far as puffs go...now if nobody really knows how a battery works in technical detail..I will share something that may shed some light on the mystery...

in order to give you longer battery life...it needs to be actually longer....if you want more ooomph....you make it thicker... so if you output 3.7-4.2V ...then the thickness might be 2.5mm diameter...if you wanted over 5V+ output...you would gave to increase to 3mm+ in order to get that...but the PB is really the same output..just has a bigger gas tank than the others we sell...so no more power...but longer lasting power...

As far as the way a battery works inside...imagine you have a foot ball field with all the players on one side standing on the goal line...when you take a drag and engage the battery...they all make a wind sprint to the other side of the battery and back again...but if you take many quick puffs in succession...then u end up with the stragglers that didn't complete the run both ways...and they are "walking in the middle of the field" so to speak...eventually after your many puffs ...all the sprinters will end up at the other goal line on the opposite end f the field....this is when it is empty....no more runners...so...if you tend to be a heavy multiple drag vapor...you do end up stressing the battery much more than someone who will take a vape...and take a bit of time before the next vape....this enables all the "sprinters" to get back to the starting position...eventually you will have "sprinters" that just stay on the other side...too lazy to come back...that is when the battery loses its ooomph...and needs a recharge....there are too many "sprinters" on the wrong side of the field..

Now to charge the battery...its the opposite effect...the charger or "coach" ...forces all the "sprinters" back to the other side of the field to start it all over again....kind of the reverse process of what i explained above except its done via the charger and more constant ...they march slowly back to the other end of the field while the coach berates them (my coach was an ... in High School)...

The reason you have a limit on Lithium Ion batteries is because you can only have the march back across the field so many times before they stop moving...and just stay in the spot they were at....thus you have a roughly 300 recharges before it can give out...nothing to do with the quality of the battery...just physics...

I hope I cleared some stuff up for everyone....I think i kind of confused myself have way through the post...so ..if you are too...just disregard it..lol... Cheers everyone!!!

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
THANK YOU everyone for helping each other out....so far everything I see is what I would have said. Here is a word about chargers and charging....and yes...I am being 100% serious here..

Accounting for the very small percentage of defective USB chargers.....if you see your charger doing weird blinky light stuff....it's just a coincidence that you happened to look at it at the exact moment it reached the end of the charge cycle.....the light may blink between colors,blink a combination of both colors at the same time etc. The light on the battery will also do that. So unless you are actually not getting a charge, as in the battery will not function then there is probably nothing wrong with either the battery or the charger.
IF you have a battery that you know needs to be charged and you put it on the charger but the light stays blue....that is a problem. Unfortunately unless you have a multimeter if you only have one battery and one charger there is no way to really tell if it's the battery or the charger that is bad.

Once again......on blowing out cartos.....Bill recommends blowing them out from the battery end, not the other way around which is the way most of us are used to doing it. If you end up with excess juice in the threads it will run down into the battery and ruin it. It may not short it out but over time it will collect and corrode the IC chip. Trust me I know....I've done it myself :)

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Hey Bill! Thanks again for this great opportunity. I'll be a customer for a Hendu batt or two in a couple weeks. I really like your product.

Just to be acurate, my eGo recharges in just over 2hrs, and is a much larger batt. It seems that the PB is taking longer to recharge. Most likely this is because the eGo charger is a "quick" charger. Any chance of a quick charger for the PB in the future? Not a big deal if not, just curious.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010

Maybe I misunderstood. Are you saying you leave out the two silicone rings and filter after refilling? I just keep putting them back in.

BTW, Bill LK and SS, I am impressed by these cartos. Alot less difficult to fill than the eGo mega cartos. They last quite a few drags as well, for their size.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Yes...just toss that stuff....

Here is what I need from anyone who has experienced overfilled cartos,leaking cartos etc.......BATCH CODES.....please!!!! They are on the little stickers that are on the individual bags.
OR
they are laser engraved directly on the thread end if there is no number on the sticker...........you will need a magnifying glass to read it.

This is really important for us.....the more reliable info I can get and the faster I can get it the faster we can correct the problem. Its a really fine line between too much and not enough. :(

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I decided to try it right out of the box, no top-off charge prior to first use. I'm guessing that this count won't be representative.

Started at 9:20 am
@ 72 puffs (1:20 pm) I needed a longer primer puff and started getting juice. I hadn't had this earlier, so i think it was due to the battery starting to run down.
@86 puffs (1:35 pm) put the battery on the charger. Battery wasn’t blinking dead, but the vapor and warmth had diminished a great deal.

edited to add: thanks so much for this opportunity! This is only the second auto battery that I've tried- but it is the first I've liked.

Last edited:

susie22321

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
St. Clair Shores, MI
www.smokestik.com
Well, first of all.....I love my PB! At dinner last night, everyone was ooohing and ahhhing and wanting to hold it, etc.

I didn't do the puff count the first time out, since we put it on the charger and then read that it was pre-charged. I figured it would be best to drain it and start new to obtain a fair number.

Because I'm still smoking analogs, it will be lasting me longer than most of you. I am and have always had a problem adapting to e-cigs, no matter how low nic I use or how I inhale...I've tried them all. I'm in a Catch-22. I need low nic so as not to cough up a lung...but low nic doesn't satisfy. Even with the low nic I'm having problems. Thus, the continued use of analogs. My hubby (bigblue30) has done SO much better than I have, but at a nic level I can't tolerate (24) :(

It's a beautiful thing, I love it, and I haven't touched my mod since the PB arrived!
More 'scientific' postings to come.....as soon as I can kill this battery, lol!

Thanks to Bill (BTW, I loved your description of how a battery works), LK, and the whole team who made this possible. I feel extremely lucky/blessed that I was able to get in on this. :wub:

~~susie.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Because I'm still smoking analogs, it will be lasting me longer than most of you. I am and have always had a problem adapting to e-cigs, no matter how low nic I use or how I inhale...I've tried them all. I'm in a Catch-22. I need low nic so as not to cough up a lung...but low nic doesn't satisfy. Even with the low nic I'm having problems. Thus, the continued use of analogs. My hubby (bigblue30) has done SO much better than I have, but at a nic level I can't tolerate (24) :(

Have you tried VG juice? even in high nic concentrations, it is alot easier on the throat and lungs. PM me if you would like a referal to a good supplier of VG juice.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Ok so now the led is off but the charger is still red. Never turns blue. Hopefully mine isn't faulty

this is the problem with only having one battery....no way to tell.....let me work on this with Bill....no doubt you will not be the only one with an issue.....

I don't know what else to tell you guys about the weird charger stuff...I'll run it by Bill. Mine all do the same thing and I have never had any problems....if I happen to look at them at the right time I see it happen. If I ignore them I dont see it. I just go by rather the battery works or not...if it does then I dont really care if the charger wants to spaz out...I do keep everything plugged in to a surge suppressor though.....

THANK YOU for the batch code!!!! Keep them coming if anyone else has the overfilling issue/leaking issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread