Status
Not open for further replies.

laurieok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2009
Ohio
Took both the Pitbull and the Hendu to work with me. I alternated puffs and the Hendu needed charged about a half hour before the Pitbull did. I tried to count puffs, but kept getting interupted and lost count. :( I need some kind of tapper like some of you have to keep a good count. Anyone want to steer me in the right direction? I have an iphone if that helps! :) I had to switch to both tobacco cartos cause the low 12mg menthol just isn't enough for me. I really like the taste a lot, but I need higher nic. I am recharging both again and this time will try for a puff count! The vapor seems about the same on both of them. So far, I really really like the Pitbull. I already liked the Hendu! :)

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I am going out on the road, and won't be able to count puffs, so I'll be vaping my eGo. But I'm gonna bring the PB along to see if traffic/wind noise from the sunroof and windows sets it off. Never had an auto that didn't get set off from driving in LA traffic. We shall see. BBL
Have a wonderful time you lucky Pitbull user. Bring back pics of you and the puppy.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Charging the PB from my computer took just over two hours. 1:35 pm- 3:40 pm. The blue light and CZ started blinking crazily about 3:20, then the blinking slowed – I took it off the charger at about 3:40 pm.

Thanks for the hints about the extra rings and mesh in the cartos. I’ve taken the them out. The mesh was very saturated with juice. No real difference in the vapor for me (so far) after taking out the rings and the mesh- but I'm only a few puffs in. I haven't refilled the carto yet. I think I'm a pretty light vaper at work. we'll see what happens at home :)

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
this thing about taking the rings out has me puzzled. I'm not an experienced vaper but when I get into something, I try to find out all that I can so I can answer questions.
I understand that taking the rings out makes it much easier to re-load with juice. But why would you not put them back in?

It looks to me that the carto is designed to vaporize the juice in the mesh that is down by the bottom and pull the vapor down and then vapor and air up through the tube. That is probably right for a cart and atomizer, but is it the way this cartomizer works? That's why the rings are supposed to be in there. So that we are not sucking vapor and juice with it up through the mesh to the top???

Just saying.... ya know?

I am really trying to figure this out.... I am comparing the PB to the Pink SS, the Hendu & a 808 Reg. length battery (808.. I still have to do a side by side on....).... I am really preferring the PB to the hendu & pink SS... the draw, the cut-off time & the vapor.. Not saying that there is anything wrong with the Hendu or the Pink SS... I really like them both... Just saying that if the 3 are in front me ... I would most likely grab the PB 1st. It most likely has to do with the cut off time...

Maybe .. humm.. I think that it really compares more to the 808 that I am using to compare. In my opinion.. Bill you are onto something here with the PB & would suggest (lol... my humble opinion obviously) that you look into the manufacturing of this more.. I know that I would keep coming back for more!!! I know personally, I would love to see a manual version offered as well.

Obviously, I need more time to really give honest, side by side comparisons but I am so far... really liking the PB.

Last edited:

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
By the way... Not having known what cigarettes tasted like very much, I will say this about the Cartos. They taste the way a pipe smells to me. And that's awesome. I love the smell of fresh pipe tobacco. A touch of cherry. A little extra vanilla. And rich quality tobacco. I love that smell. And the SS carts taste like that to me.

susie22321

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
St. Clair Shores, MI
www.smokestik.com
Have you tried VG juice? even in high nic concentrations, it is alot easier on the throat and lungs. PM me if you would like a referal to a good supplier of VG juice.

I've used every combination of VG/PG possible. I seem to do better on VG and think I have a reaction to PG, but honestly it's all been extremely difficult for me :( I even had mild problems with pure VG and pure PG with zero nic. I'm trying. I'm really trying. I have tons of juice from lots of suppliers in all kinds of ratios. I'll just keep on trying. I have to.

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I refilled one of mine after it was done. I took off the top thin filler piece I believe is a splash guard, took out both rings and dripped about 35 drops of V4L Wow 555 24mg. into it just like any regular 808 carto except this one holds more. I put the first, lower ring back in then put the other smaller ring towards the top where it was. Then the little thin filler piece. I immediately got juice in my mouth. I took the top thin filler piece out and squeezed the juice out that was in it between 2 paper towels re-installed it and it works excellent. I'm pretty sure that little thin piece is meant to be dry and placed just under the mouthpiece cap to keep any juice from getting into your mouth.

Just a little quality control check here on the carto... Is it possible that you meant plastic ring, then filter, then plastic ring closest to the top? All of mine have had the filter between the two plastic rings. I can imagine that juice in the filter right up by they hole in the mouth piece could deliver juice.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
this thing about taking the rings out has me puzzled. I'm not an experienced vaper but when I get into something, I try to find out all that I can so I can answer questions.
I understand that taking the rings out makes it much easier to re-load with juice. But why would you not put them back in?

It looks to me that the carto is designed to vaporize the juice in the mesh that is down by the bottom and pull the vapor down and then vapor and air up through the tube. That is probably right for a cart and atomizer, but is it the way this cartomizer works? That's why the rings are supposed to be in there. So that we are not sucking vapor and juice with it up through the mesh to the top???

Just saying.... ya know?

OK, my theory is this. The rings and filter are only usefull for keeping juice in the filler during transport. This keeps the juice in the carto while it is being meved about in every possible direction from the time the carto gets filled, goes through tthe baging machine, boxing machine, transported to the bulk packaging equipment, gets on a truck, gets on a boat and or plane etc. etc... Once you have it in your hand and are using it, it doesn't reallu help much, because when you refill it you only put enough in to saturate the filler, and then normally use it up before it is jostled much. I hope that is clear. If you have ever seen mass production equipment, it looks like a Goldberg machine.

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
this is starting this morning when I first tried the PB. I tried to do a puff count as well but kept getting interuppted so lost count. Maybe this weekend I can do better.
First think I noticed is that I too had a difficult time screwing on the atty.
For an auto battery, I like it. I find the draw to be a little tighter but I myself like that better than an overly airy one. I haven't been able to stand any other auto batt.
Vapor seems to be better than I thought it would be althouh it is getting harder to get a good draw. I don't have an exact time frame because work was rather hectic but I don't think I used it much more than say an hours worh. It isn't dead, just losing it's oomph and vapor.
The vapor is warmer which I also like.
I like it much better than a 510 but will have to be able to pay more attention to see how it compares to an e-go. I would say the KR8 gives a stronger hit. But then I use manuals which is entirely different I suppose. I know I hated the auto KR8's.
I have to admit I don't care for the prefilled juice (blanks?) although I have tasted worse.

Will let you know more after another charge and a try at getting out this juice. So far it is overall a thumbs up.

Sorry if this isn't telling you much. I am learning what info you need as I go.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Have a wonderful time you lucky Pitbull user. Bring back pics of you and the puppy.

So, it passed every noise, bump and pothole test I could find. All windows down and the sunroof open through some of the heaviest traffic in the Valley. Never activated as far as I could tell. At first I thought I would be smart and put the PB in the ash tray w/ the LED pointed at me. Unfortunately the CZ is so sparkley that there was no way to tell if the LED was on or not in broad daylight. Very cool looking though in bright sunlight. lol So all I could do is keep the PB in my shirt pocket, andfeel the carto periodically to see if it was getting warm. It did not. I also periodically when the noise was really loud, I took a very light draw to see if it had been activated. My 510 would have had to be unscrewed to keep it from activating through most of the drive, and a light draw that would normally not activate it would get vapor. Not the PB. Very nice!

The PB also passed an accidental drop test onto ceramic tile from about 3.5'. I was sure the CZ would be damaged, but it was not. Vaped just fime right after the fall.

Last edited:

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Ok, now that I've run the batt down, I'll need to be offline while it charges, so here I go for now...

First of all was the look and feel. The black carto looked clumsy and awkward on it, almost too thick, but once I peeled off the label to reveal the metal finish (hendu?) beneath, it all fell into place... I sat there just turning it over in my hands for about 10 min., watching how the light played with the subtle differences in the colors and finishes of the two metals and the etching... how at times they seemed to switch places between the dark and light, and at others they blended into one... I'm into B+W photography, and it made me want to drag out my old Pentax, take it out in the sunlight and do a photo shoot!!

But enough of that... I also like the weight and feel of it. The length is almost exactly that of my Joye 510 as a 3-piece, and fits nicely into my little single metal carrying case. I was a bit disappointed that the CZ was orange instead of red, but what the hey!! Also the fact that it is flush with the tip and I cannot see when it is lit... so I set up a mirror on my coffee table to be able to tell the times on the cut-off.

I was/am a Menthol smoker and the 12mg was fine for me because that's what I normally vape, but I can see where other people might like to have different strengths available... For the first month of vaping I used the Basic VG juice from Cignot, and for the last couple of weeks I have been using a 50/50 blend from The Vapor Room. My daily vape is their 555 Menthol, although I mix a little drop of Lorann's Anise flavor in with 3ml sometimes (yummy!!), but since it has oil in it, I won't use it in your cartos... although I haven't lost one yet!! LOL!!

I had been using nothing but cartos (Boge) with my 510 all week in anticipation of this test... The first carto I tried had a little spot where the threads kind of caught, but easily turned past that. I had to draw on it a lot harder than I was used to and got a lot less vapor for the effort. It seems closer to the hit I get on my 510 with an atty and cart on it rather than a carto... The menthol was a little too strong for my liking, almost like a cough drop (it even cleared up my sinuses - ha!!) and at first I had a hard time swallowing. But that might have just been a reaction to the PG, since I don't know what you use in them...

I normally only take about a 3 sec. puff on my cigs, but I thought I would put this puppy through the ringer for the first round!! The cut-off time was only about 4-5 sec. at first, so after about 80 puffs, I swithched to another carto just to see if there was any difference. This one screwed right in and the cut-off time went up to 5-6 sec., but I don't think I ever got a whole 7, although I was counting the start from the time I took the primer puff, too. The time and vapor started really slowing down at about 140 puffs, and the batt finally died at 165, but I was maxing it out each time...

Also, I had let it sit overnight for a few hours while I caught some sleep and it seemed to put out a little more vapor in the morning (or was it just the daylight??).

I am going to let it charge while I start dinner, and just vape like I normally would for the next round... I can't wait to empty one of those cartos and try it with my own juice!!

(It looks like I got a little carried away here, so I'll shut up now...) :?:

J-ShaZzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2010
South NJ
www.facebook.com
Mine arrived today. Been playing with it for two hours. So far I have likes and dislikes. I'm going to use it some more tonight and tomorrow before posting my full review. My girlfriend is over now and I don't want to be on the computer for 30 minutes typing a full review.

Side Note - The orange LED stays lit while charging, but then suddenly turns off out of nowhere while still being charged. Also, I like these cartos, but they don't have any flavor (Tobacco medium). Throat hit doesn't really exist, but it is a nice smooth and mellow draw. I think LR atomizers built my TH tolerance up a built.

I will edit and add more tomorrow when I get done work.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
My testing has come to a halt for now. Off subject but my wife was rushed to the er because she fainted and vomited. Day 2 of all this and a 2nd trip to the er. Still no idea what's wrong. Will resume my review when I'm more rested and not on the brink of a nervous break down.

Oh man...I hope shes OK. Give her all our well wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread