Pitbull Beta Test Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yes...just toss that stuff....

Here is what I need from anyone who has experienced overfilled cartos,leaking cartos etc.......BATCH CODES.....please!!!! They are on the little stickers that are on the individual bags.
OR
they are laser engraved directly on the thread end if there is no number on the sticker...........you will need a magnifying glass to read it.

This is really important for us.....the more reliable info I can get and the faster I can get it the faster we can correct the problem. Its a really fine line between too much and not enough. :(

Using a magnifying glass, there are no numbers on the sticker or the threads. I ordered Regular Low. Got a mouthful of juice. (BTW this is one of the main reasons the girls are having problems with SS. They are really grossed out by it.) Still coaching. :eek:)

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
So your saying that is no batch code on any of your cartos? What about the ones the girls are using? The number would be on the blank spot where the breather holes are.....your sure? And the sticker is the sticker on the little plastic bag they are wrapped in....nothing there either?

oh....and did you see the posts about how to blow out the cartos? Can you have them try that and see if it helps?

If you have posted a specific issue or have a specific question that is not getting addressed or answered please feel free to email me at service@smokestikusa.com and put Pitbull in the subject line. I will keep a list and every couple days will post the questions and answers here. That way I wont miss anything...it's going to get difficult to keep answering individual posts....thank you Tiburon for the initial idea...

Last edited:
Using a magnifying glass, there are no numbers on the sticker or the threads. I ordered Regular Low. Got a mouthful of juice. (BTW this is one of the main reasons the girls are having problems with SS. They are really grossed out by it.) Still coaching. :eek:)

The # is actually right below the threads on the carto.... next to the air flow holes... That is where I found mine. Just for info purposes.. I ordered reg Med. Color: Black.. if that matters... figured the more info I can give ... the better.

and Lk... I found no #'s on the labels (the plastic that they come wrapped in) of the cartos either. Sorry Lk... I didn't see that you had replied..

Hey Lk... on charging.... Sorry I do not know all the technical aspects batteries & chargers (for me.. if the chargers work & the battery works... all is good in my opinion) but currently I am using the USB charger connected to a wall adapter. Although, the battery was not drained completely.. it charged very quickly. I will have to try all 3 methods separately.. the wall charger, the USB via the computer & USB via the wall adapter. I will try to drain it down & recharge to give more of an accurate charging time using each method.

Last edited:

basementcat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
sierra nevada foothills, ca
Yeah my bat is functioning well. Actually today I refilled carto and pulled out the extra junk and it's working soooo well. Wasn't quite impressed yesterday but today I am thrilled! Charging time is still unknown to me cuz I accidentally fell asleep after tossing it on the charger last night. Will have to recharge today sometime and watch it. Right now I'm going by if the led on the front is off I assume it's charged. So far so good. A little carto mod and this is now close to on par with my 510 on a standard atty but still not quite as much vapor as my riva with cartos. Great product all in all. Will keep updating.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
what kind or whose cartos are you using on the Riva? Do you know the ohm rating on them? That may be the difference.....as well as the type of juice you are using. Please feel free everyone to go ahead and mention brand names of juice your using as well as specs and brands of the other e-cigs you are using for comparison. Just no links to other suppliers please :)

I would also like to hear any ideas anyone has about how to perfect the cartomizer.....I would like those in a PM and not posted please. You have my word I will not argue,negate,lecture or otherwise belittle any idea....I am just gathering information,promise. Design changes,engineering ideas....whatever you think of.

Last edited:

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol

I recomend both blowing them out through the threads and yanking the junk(the two silicone rings and the filter thing). Works much better w/out that. I am assuming it is only there to prevent liquid from being shaken out of the filler during transpot(correct Bill?). Doesn't seem to help when vaping because I believe the "filter" gets saturated. Bill, I have a couple ideas about this if you care to hear them. I can post it here or you can PM me and I'll respond.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I refilled one of mine after it was done. I took off the top thin filler piece I believe is a splash guard, took out both rings and dripped about 35 drops of V4L Wow 555 24mg. into it just like any regular 808 carto except this one holds more. I put the first, lower ring back in then put the other smaller ring towards the top where it was. Then the little thin filler piece. I immediately got juice in my mouth. I took the top thin filler piece out and squeezed the juice out that was in it between 2 paper towels re-installed it and it works excellent. I'm pretty sure that little thin piece is meant to be dry and placed just under the mouthpiece cap to keep any juice from getting into your mouth.

Last edited:

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
what kind or whose cartos are you using on the Riva? Do you know the ohm rating on them? That may be the difference.....as well as the type of juice you are using. Please feel free everyone to go ahead and mention brand names of juice your using as well as specs and brands of the other e-cigs you are using for comparison. Just no links to other suppliers please :)

I would also like to hear any ideas anyone has about how to perfect the cartomizer.....I would like those in a PM and not posted please. You have my word I will not argue,negate,lecture or otherwise belittle any idea....I am just gathering information,promise. Design changes,engineering ideas....whatever you think of.

Currently vaping Good Prophets VG 24mg 555. Was vaping GP VG 24mg RY4. Both outstanding juice. I would highly recomend them for a supplier for a VG line of cartos. I think that would be a good selling point.

Last edited:

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I refilled one of mine after it was done. I took off the top thin filler piece I believe is a splash guard, took out both rings and dripped about 35 drops of 555 into it just like any regular 808 carto except this one holds more. I put the first, lower ring back in then put the other smaller ring towards the top where it was. Then the little thin filler piece. I immediately got juice in my mouth. I took the top thin filler piece out and squeezed the juice out that was in it between 2 paper towels re-installed it and it works excellent. I'm pretty sure that little thin piece is meant to be dry and placed just under the mouthpiece cap to keep any juice from getting into your mouth.

Maybe it is a splash guard, but try it w/out all that stuff. It vapes much better IMHO.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
after following the advice of blowing out extra juice after refilling the cartos work fairly well, good thing too because even with my magnifying glass i cannot make out the numbers.
still puzzled though, the hendu battery is performing better than the pitbull. i gave up on my arrangements and now switch the carto between hendu and pb only. to get the pb to perform well it needs to warmup puffs. puff count at about 160, losing steam about half way through.
don't know how that compares with the hendu or trueman, will try and count puffs on them some other time. counting puffs definitely not my strong side

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Okay then, Thats what I will do. I really like this PV. I mean it's not a high volt mod but I think for a regular pv like the 510 and 808 etc. it is way better.

Agreed. I am liking it alot. I haven't ever enjoyed an auto before, except my PT while it worked. Nice PV, very nice.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
after following the advice of blowing out extra juice after refilling the cartos work fairly well, good thing too because even with my magnifying glass i cannot make out the numbers.
still puzzled though, the hendu battery is performing better than the pitbull. i gave up on my arrangements and now switch the carto between hendu and pb only. to get the pb to perform well it needs to warmup puffs. puff count at about 160, losing steam about half way through.
don't know how that compares with the hendu or trueman, will try and count puffs on them some other time. counting puffs definitely not my strong side

From my experience, LiIon batts need to go through a few cycles before they reach their full potential. I have noticed it get much better now on the third charge.

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So your saying that is no batch code on any of your cartos? What about the ones the girls are using? The number would be on the blank spot where the breather holes are.....your sure? And the sticker is the sticker on the little plastic bag they are wrapped in....nothing there either?

oh....and did you see the posts about how to blow out the cartos? Can you have them try that and see if it helps?

If you have posted a specific issue or have a specific question that is not getting addressed or answered please feel free to email me at service@smokestikusa.com and put Pitbull in the subject line. I will keep a list and every couple days will post the questions and answers here. That way I wont miss anything...it's going to get difficult to keep answering individual posts....thank you Tiburon for the initial idea...

I've received answers to all my posts with questions or problems. You are really good about that. When I posted about the juicy carts, the general consensus was that they were drawing on them too hard and sucking juice into the hole. So they have been drawing really slow. One of the girls really loves the SS but switched to an old 510. I'm pretty sure she switch back now that I know about blowing on the thread end. BTW if one blows too hard, is there a possibility that they will blow juice through the fiber up into the top of the carto?

re: the numbers. No numbers anywhere. I ordered Regular Low Black. I pulled out a regular medium from a different order and they have numbers. But this order that gave me a numb tongue... no numbers at all. I looked at an older carto that has also had some juice problems. Number is J052ms Another new one out of another box is S293H. So I can find the numbers but the batch of Black ones that I ordered with the PitBull do not have any numbers.

edited... I even cut open a new Black carto to look on it. No number.

On one carto, one thing I noticed is.... when I got a mouthfull, and I pulled the cap.... the top o ring was up at the top and came out with the cap. (I used a very tiny screwdriver to pull it.)

I did see the post on blowing out the cartos. But I puffed on it before you wrote it. :blink:

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Agreed. I am liking it alot. I haven't ever enjoyed an auto before, except my PT while it worked. Nice PV, very nice.
I know what you mean about autos. I have one auto without a cutoff. I think it's the cutoff I don't like. If it didn't have a cutoff so I could decide how long my puff would be I would probably like autos okay. That and the going off in your pocket thing. The Pitbull doesn't seem to have that problem though.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I've received answers to all my posts with questions or problems. You are really good about that. When I posted about the juicy carts, the general consensus was that they were drawing on them too hard and sucking juice into the hole. So they have been drawing really slow. One of the girls really loves the SS but switched an old 510.

re: the numbers. No numbers anywhere. I ordered Regular Low Black. I pulled out a regular medium from a different order and they have numbers. But this order that gave me a numb tongue... no numbers at all.

I did see the post on blowing out the cartos. But I puffed on it before you wrote it. :blink:

Seriously man, you should try and pull off the white end cap and take out the two rings and the top "splash shield". Works much better w/out all that stuff. Makes refill a snap too.

Last edited:

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I know what you mean about autos. I have one auto without a cutoff. I think it's the cutoff I don't like. If it didn't have a cutoff so I could decide how long my puff would be I would probably like autos okay. That and the going off in your pocket thing. The Pitbull doesn't seem to have that problem though.

I am going out on the road, and won't be able to count puffs, so I'll be vaping my eGo. But I'm gonna bring the PB along to see if traffic/wind noise from the sunroof and windows sets it off. Never had an auto that didn't get set off from driving in LA traffic. We shall see. BBL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread