ProChat - All Things ProVape and Beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotdc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas, Baby
With all the Deeming Bullfrak going on I've decided better safe than sorry and am going to make a real effort at learning to rebuild. I was wondering who you guys like for online vendors as far as the basic supplys. I'm also looking for an rta that can have a really tight draw. For comparison, the KFL+ I have with the airflow screw bottomed out is still too airy for me. Any recommendations with that air flow aspect in mind? Oh, one last thing, coil jigs. Best? Worst? Reason I'm asking here rather than threads elsewhere on ECF is I trust and value your collective opinions more than anyone elses...period. Thanks in advance!
I have found that my Calix V2 (which has a P3 threaded version available) can be closed down completely where you can't get any air at all, and I found the same thing with my Erlkonigin. The Mark Bugs Gem can also be closed down nearly all the way.

Among those three, I find the Gem the easiest to build on, but I prefer the Erlkonigin for it's light weight and flavor - it's the atty I turn to most often in my collection.

As far as coil jigs go, I find them pretty useless. Honestly, after a couple of times you'll find that using a drill bit or small precision screwdriver is actually easier to manipulate. But if you want one to start out on, the coil master kit with 5 different sizes is readily found on the Bay pretty cheaply.

I think you'll be surprised at how easy rebuilding an atomizer is after only one or two tries, Jim. Once you get a good coil built, it will last for months and will only need a dry burn every couple of tanks to clean it up, and changing out the cotton for a new wick takes about 30 seconds - bam, new coil. A nice bonus is the fact that every juice tastes much better than in your typical Nautilus.

scotdc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas, Baby
Honestly? Not that great. Inside, without much direct light, they...almost match. But with good light? Kinda off. The trim on the Radius...well, I despair of ever finding a match for it. I'll post a pic in a day or two.

ETA: But, I'm totally coping. I love my Radius. It's really pretty and functions like a champ. <3
I agree. The rose kayfun is much lighter as it's a true rose gold. The radius is more like an antique bronzed finish and I don't think you'll find anything to match. Here's a quick pic:
8JnXP7o.jpg

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
I have found that my Calix V2 (which has a P3 threaded version available) can be closed down completely where you can't get any air at all, and I found the same thing with my Erlkonigin. The Mark Bugs Gem can also be closed down nearly all the way.

Among those three, I find the Gem the easiest to build on, but I prefer the Erlkonigin for it's light weight and flavor - it's the atty I turn to most often in my collection.

As far as coil jigs go, I find them pretty useless. Honestly, after a couple of times you'll find that using a drill bit or small precision screwdriver is actually easier to manipulate. But if you want one to start out on, the coil master kit with 5 different sizes is readily found on the Bay pretty cheaply.

I think you'll be surprised at how easy rebuilding an atomizer is after only one or two tries, Jim. Once you get a good coil built, it will last for months and will only need a dry burn every couple of tanks to clean it up, and changing out the cotton for a new wick takes about 30 seconds - bam, new coil. A nice bonus is the fact that every juice tastes much better than in your typical Nautilus.

Thanks for the tips. I plan on buying several different types, and with the whole Deeming thing thought it would be a good opportunity to buy some new hardware and not feel as guilty.:D I was able to construct a a coil using a drill bit but tbh it felt like it was more difficult than it should be. Perhaps, like you said, it's just a matter of practice. I have a KFL+, have a Squape X en-route from across the pond, and wanted to grab at least two more. I'll research the Calix V2 and Erlkonigin and go from there. Take care and thanks again for the info!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
there won't be a shortage of wicking material ... I was just reading the other day, even though there's no deeming regs yet ... some Aussies are vaping Tampons :blink:

Tempted, yet restrained.

A conundrum.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I believe they do ... DashVapes.

I paid $70 each Canadian ... should be around $55 US

I must be doing something wrong. My basket shows the tank at C$134.99 ($105 usd), so I ordered from cremedevape for $90.37. I can't remember if Canada has a VAT but I was to the point of entering a card number and pressing "enter" without any reduction being made.

I'm curious, since after Black Tuesday I'm exploring international options.

gnees

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Zephyrhills Fl.
I must be doing something wrong. My basket shows the tank at C$134.99 ($105 usd), so I ordered from cremedevape for $90.37. I can't remember if Canada has a VAT but I was to the point of entering a card number and pressing "enter" without any reduction being made.

Willy is talking about a Kayfun Lite+. I believe you are looking at a Kayfun Mini V3.:)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

My total for two KFL+ plus shipping comes to:
Order Total

$157.82

Not sure if that is Canadian or USD

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I believe they do ... DashVapes.

I paid $70 each Canadian ... should be around $55 US
Thanks for helping spend my hard earned $$$. I am picking up one to try today.;)

What kind of coil do you make for yours?

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Thanks for helping spend my hard earned $$$. I am picking up one to try today.;)

What kind of coil do you make for yours?

Not Willy, of course, but on my KFL+, I make a single 1.5 ohm coil, 2.5mm (28 gauge Kanthal about 8 wraps). Works perfectly every time.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Should be CDN but I can ask if you like. I will be there in a hour or two....
Nah, doesn't matter. I still have it paid for and it is on its way to me. :D

Not gonna quibble about what the cost is. Too late for that now :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm dead anyway! Bwahahahahaha! hubby hasn't said a word yet....... Don't know if that is a good thing or not :unsure:

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL

Not gonna quibble about what the cost is. Too late for that now :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm dead anyway! Bwahahahahaha! hubby hasn't said a word yet....... Don't know if that is a good thing or not :unsure:

I'm betting hubby will gladly let you spend money on something that will extend your life from cigarettes! Yes I am!

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada

Should be CDN as the site is Canadian.

I just picked one up. Man, that is one tiny box!

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
Should be CDN but I can ask if you like. I will be there in a hour or two....

may be wrong but I think in Canada they will charge you the Canadian total--but when you look at your CC charge it will be less as they convert it to US. That is always the way it works when we are actually there and shopping. You never really know from one day to the next actually "how much" until you see the charge.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Willy is talking about a Kayfun Lite+. I believe you are looking at a Kayfun Mini V3.:)

You are indeed right.

And I was right, I was doing something wrong. :oops:

Gotta get used to all these newfangled RTAs after being a Kabuki acolyte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread