Project Platinum Revival Beta Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarchy84

Jun 4, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
It would be nice if there was an option for both with and without a flange, but I know he has to place a huge order to get these made at the right price (10,000 units or so), so it wouldn't be feasible to have the same resistance with / without a flange. Personally, since the Nitro line is all flanged, I would prefer these not to have one.

Anarchy84

Jun 4, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
I've been using un-flanged cartos in my IBTanked tanks for 6+ months and have never experienced the tank sliding down / spilling juice issue. I grab my Provari out of my pocket by the tank pretty much every time. I can hang my Provari by the tank for minutes without slipping. Just depends on the quality of the O-rings in your tank, I guess.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Absolutely! There are two of us here who have the fun, but less than high quality "Splash" tanks. You do NOT want to grab THOSE by the glass...... oopsie.

Quality tanks with quality O rings..... there's yer tickets. :)

You 2 are outnumbered and therefore obsolete. Naw just kidding. I don't use platinums anyway so it's up to you how they are made but like Bovinia said they slide down too far sometimes especially if you're using an adapter. As for pulling a tank off the top on pocket extraction the flange wouldn't stop that anyway.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Perhaps outnumbered, we two, but not headed for obsolescence! At least not planned... ;)

My decision is final. You will have to have President obama override my decision and you know how good he is at doing things.
WHAT_zps2b9306bb.gif

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Haha These will definitely be unflanged. Though we are working with a good factory here. Not the same with the Nitro line so we basically have full reign here, but again. I think it would be good to keep the diversity between the Nitro and Platinum K models. Something to fully distinguish them apart save for the concept and performance. Nitro is aptly named, with a vertical coil setup and xxx wiring to give you guys a fast blast, that kind of performance does come at a price at a higher liquid consumption rate. While the platinum K is focused on conservation, longer lasting steady wicking,with the feel that has nothing to sneeze at.

Anarchy84

Jun 4, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
Haha These will definitely be unflanged. Though we are working with a good factory here. Not the same with the Nitro line so we basically have full reign here, but again. I think it would be good to keep the diversity between the Nitro and Platinum K models. Something to fully distinguish them apart save for the concept and performance. Nitro is aptly named, with a vertical coil setup and xxx wiring to give you guys a fast blast, that kind of performance does come at a price at a higher liquid consumption rate. While the platinum K is focused on conservation, longer lasting steady wicking,with the feel that has nothing to sneeze at.

So now that the beta testing has gone so well, do you have any idea when the Platinum revival will be complete? Can't wait to get my hands on these. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread