Provari on an Oscope vs Vamo

Status
Not open for further replies.

hausmouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
WNY
I actually learned a lot about both the ProVari and the Vamo, and how those devices work they way they do through this thread, things I would have never known if this thread hadn't been started.
There was some good and some nonsense. Lately mostly nonsense. It wasn't anything against the OP just two totally different devices and in short the info is out there much more easily accessible than going through 10 pages if you want to dissect them that bad. I've seen this info and for this reason I own one of them along with a few apples and an orange. That's my plan man :)

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
There was some good and some nonsense. Lately mostly nonsense. It wasn't anything against the OP just two totally different devices and in short the info is out there much more easily accessible than going through 10 pages if you want to dissect them that bad. I've seen this info and for this reason I own one of them along with a few apples and an orange. That's my plan man :)
"Lately mostly nonsense." Reading, math, and science aren't your strong points are they? Read the last couple of pages (or if you have your settings set to display 40 posts per page) pg. 7. It's information I have seen nowhere else, and your comments trivialize it. If that knowledge is more accessible somewhere else, please post links.

Better yet, I'd like to see the OP start a new thread, with all of the new information, so that people don't have to read comments like, it's just "apples and oranges," right after some serious technical information that explains why different VV/VW devices vape differently.

I agree that there was a lot of stuff in this thread that didn't contribute to the OP's thread. I even wrote some of it. But the only recent posts here that have been nonsense...
...I'll let the readers decide that.

Last edited:

hausmouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
WNY
"Lately mostly nonsense." Reading, math, and science aren't your strong points are they? Read the last couple of pages (or if you have your settings set to display 40 posts per page) pg. 7. It's information I have seen nowhere else, and your comments trivialize it. If that knowledge is more accessible somewhere else, please post links.

Better yet, I'd like to see the OP start a new thread, with all of the new information, so that people don't have to read comments like, it's just "apples and oranges," right after some serious technical information that explains why different VV/VW devices vape differently.

I agree that there was a lot of stuff in this thread that didn't contribute to the OP's thread. I even wrote some of it. But the only recent posts here that have been nonsense...
...I'll let the readers decide that.

Pm sent....

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Now I am going to have to send it in to get fixed and find something besides my hubby's SB to use in the meantime. He went to the store and bought a Blu so I could use his Bullet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

Have you tried putting something else on it and see if it will fire that? Sounds like the coil might have gotten broken in the atty, and not a broken PV.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
regardless of how it performs, perfect example would be the evic

Just talked to a female friend here on ECF who has both provari and evic. She prefers the latter, due to being lighter, etc. Keep in mind that EVERYONE has different preferences, it has nothing to do with how well something is made. This is the same with vmod and reo. Reo is better build quality, but there are many times I pick up my vmod instead. Different footprint, design, etc. depending on my mood or what i'm doing that day.

I can appreciate the science behind comparing vamo and provari. That is neceessary to show. like Hausmouse said, it's really VALUABLE when vapers take the time to do these experiments for us, cuz we learn something.

But that doesn't mean EVERYONE will buy a provari instead of a vamo.

Another scenario is price. I know it may not occur to some people, but there are many many vapers who are living paycheck to paycheck. $20 is significant and means whether or not they make it thru the month. Buying an expesnive mod would actually be a STRESSOR to them, as they would have to let other things go to own one. And if they're tastes aren't as sophisticated, they wouldn't be able to tell the difference in vape.

Again, that is WHY there is something for everyone, and why mods continue to be manufactured and designed.

I understand there is a certain "population" for whom provari is the gold standard, and that's okay. Just understand, not everyone is part of that population. PLENTY of vapers are using ego twists, and lessor mods, and have still managed to quit smoking and are actually enjoying their vape.

I guess I don't get the constant arguing. I drive a toyota tacoma because I don't want or need a BMW. A BMW would be ridiculous for my lifestyle.

Last edited:

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I dropped my Provari on the floor in Target yesterday. It still fires but not affecting a atomizer or cartomizer. I am so bummed. I don't have a backup because for two years I haven't needed one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

It's like a mantra..."Always, always have a backup device." I'll quit giving you a hard time, 'cause that really sucks to have a favorite tool quit working on you.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
Just talked to a female friend here on ECF who has both provari and evic. She prefers the latter, due to being lighter, etc. Keep in mind that EVERYONE has different preferences, it has nothing to do with how well something is made. This is the same with vmod and reo. Reo is better build quality, but there are many times I pick up my vmod instead. Different footprint, design, etc. depending on my mood or what i'm doing that day.

I can appreciate the science behind comparing vamo and provari. That is neceessary to show. like Hausmouse said, it's really VALUABLE when vapers take the time to do these experiments for us, cuz we learn something.

Another scenario is price. I know it may not occur to some people, but there are many many vapers who are living paycheck to paycheck. $20 is significant and means whether or not they make it thru the month. Buying an expesnive mod would actually be a STRESSOR to them, as they would have to let other things go to own one. And if they're tastes aren't as sophisticated, they wouldn't be able to tell the difference in vape.

Again, that is WHY there is something for everyone, and why mods continue to be manufactured and designed.

I understand there is a certain "population" for whom provari is the gold standard, and that's okay. Just understand, not everyone is part of that population. PLENTY of vapers are using ego twists, and lessor mods, and have still managed to quit smoking and are actually enjoying their vape.

I guess I don't get the constant arguing. I drive a toyota tacoma because I don't want or need a BMW. A BMW would be ridiculous for my lifestyle.

dam,had to go back and read original post !! you quoted me out of context btw

i don't drive a BMW because i spend that money on my house,,i'd rather sleep in a fancy house and drive a clunker

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas

But you would admit that a BMW is a better car than a Toyota Camry, right? I drive an F-150, wish I could have afforded a Toyota Tundra, it's, IMO at least, a better truck, but I couldn't find a used one that came close to the price I payed for my F-150.
We don't care what you use. We don't care that you are happy with it, that's just fine with us! No one is saying everyone needs a Provari, we aren't trying to say it's the best answer for everyone. It's certainly not!
BUT what this thread is about, people coming in and saying how foolish we are for spending (the misquoted) $200 on a battery holder when they can buy four of their $50 mods and they are "JUST AS GOOD". This is where the problem arises, the "just as good".
I am one of those people on a fixed income and I do live paycheck to paycheck, I busted my .... and did a lot of things that enraged my Dr's and wife to come up with the money to pay for it, but I did and I feel it was worth it to me to have done that.
I wanted the most durable mod I could get, I wanted to be able to have it roll down the driveway, drop it, use it around welders, chainsaws, beat it, bang it, Hell, maybe even drop it in the toilet, and still have it work! I busted up my body to have that durability so I wouldn't have to do it again, and again, and again.
If you are happy with the choice you've made, that is great, I'm happy for you! I spend a lot of time in the new members area and recommend EGO's regularly. I also recommend Vamo's, Zmax's, REO's all sorts of mechanical's and so forth. It's what fits their personal needs.
The Provari fits my personal needs, and I'm happy with it, so what's the problem?

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
...I guess I don't get the constant arguing. I drive a toyota tacoma because I don't want or need a BMW. A BMW would be ridiculous for my lifestyle.

...The Provari fits my personal needs, and I'm happy with it, so what's the problem?

The problem is that people keep comparing the ProVari to Rolls Royce's, Lamborghini's, Ferrari's and BMW's when they should be comparing it to this:
ORD_RWS_CROWS_Hummers_lg.jpg

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
But you would admit that a BMW is a better car than a Toyota Camry, right? I drive an F-150, wish I could have afforded a Toyota Tundra, it's, IMO at least, a better truck, but I couldn't find a used one that came close to the price I payed for my F-150.
We don't care what you use. We don't care that you are happy with it, that's just fine with us! No one is saying everyone needs a Provari, we aren't trying to say it's the best answer for everyone. It's certainly not!
BUT what this thread is about, people coming in and saying how foolish we are for spending (the misquoted) $200 on a battery holder when they can buy four of their $50 mods and they are "JUST AS GOOD". This is where the problem arises, the "just as good".
I am one of those people on a fixed income and I do live paycheck to paycheck, I busted my .... and did a lot of things that enraged my Dr's and wife to come up with the money to pay for it, but I did and I feel it was worth it to me to have done that.
I wanted the most durable mod I could get, I wanted to be able to have it roll down the driveway, drop it, use it around welders, chainsaws, beat it, bang it, Hell, maybe even drop it in the toilet, and still have it work! I busted up my body to have that durability so I wouldn't have to do it again, and again, and again.
If you are happy with the choice you've made, that is great, I'm happy for you! I spend a lot of time in the new members area and recommend EGO's regularly. I alsIo recommend Vamo's, Zmax's, REO's all sorts of mechanical's and so forth. It's what fits their personal needs.
The Provari fits my personal needs, and I'm happy with it, so what's the problem?

Well actually, I thought the thread was about whether or not the duty cycle of the vamo was sufficient to maintain a coil temp, not about which was the better device. I am of the belief that the vamo holds a consistent coil temp- at least in my use case. That doesn't mean I think the VAMO is a better device. I think the provari is better overall, particularly if you put a high value on build quality, durability and customer service.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
It's my belief that stainless mesh wicks act as a heat sink, helping to keep overall coil temperature constant. I don't have any scientific data to back up that belief, but my need to do several priming puffs on a Genisis atty before settling down to some serious vaping does reinforce my theory.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
It's my belief that stainless mesh wicks act as a heat sink, helping to keep overall coil temperature constant. I don't have any scientific data to back up that belief, but my need to do several priming puffs on a Genisis atty before settling down to some serious vaping does reinforce my theory.
you are correct, but changing things around a bit will vary this effect. thick solid wicks vs thinner straw wicks and tightly wrapped coils vs peterk style. which barely rest on the wick and heat up faster.
some ofthe primer puff is also due to the wick sitting and becoming fully over saturated with juice making the coil wetter and less responsive.

Vap Khymyst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2010
Alabama
OK I have VAMO and Pro-Vari BUT I have a REO VV due to arrive Monday ( has the VV of Buzz PRO).
Anybody know how it scopes? Reducing circuit only NO boost..uses two LI Ion.

Oh and to DAM718 and the other guy..I learned on a Tektronix back in'69.
Thought Lissajous figures were great.
Don't have one now (I wish) and these pocket friendly digital 'scopes will come to our smart phones soon!
I haven't used one of those yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread