Not open for further replies.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
I may be older than you... I don't know. It doesn't matter. I like you anyway.
hugs2.GIF

I don't feel old and no matter what my age, I refuse to grow up.
smartalec2.GIF

Aww:). I'm right with you on the 'refuse to grow up' part:p :p

Seapup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia, USA
I never claimed the dna30 chip would kill the mech mod. I thought that there was a chance it could and wanted to learn exactly why it would or would not. I think the spirited debate taught me quite a bit not only about the limitations but the possibilities and merits of both systems. It's called playing the devils advocate.

As for this thread I wanted to play devils advocate again only in more of a trolling the trollers kind of way cause I was too keen on the way the OP's question, which was one I had also liked and answer to, was handled. So I trolled back and in doing so have learned more about provaris than I even anticipated. Win Win.

And yes, I have learned quite a bit in the last month and I am still learning and will continue to learn, debate and pass on the knowledge I gain from here and from my personal trials and experimentations. The only thing I love more than learning is passing on knowledge.

I wish you were my neighbor. I'd let you vape for a day with 4-5 completely different high-end setups, all loaded with your favorite juice. By the end of the day, you'd understand why none of them will go away. With no verbal explanation needed.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I just would like to know; who here was forced to buy a ProVari?

I don't understand that if the ProVari is so limited in functionality, what is the argument all about?
In this day and age what is so terrifying about buying a device that meets ones needs instead of harping on one that doesn't?

I don't understand the outrage non-ProVari owners have towards those who choose to use a ProVari.
You come to a ProVari enthusiast forum then proceed to insult us with petty & completely childish name calling while saying you're not bashing the ProVari.........just the people who enjoy the device they choose to enjoy.

This VW ridiculousness gets beat to death all day every day.
If VW is YOUR end-all be-all, then buy a mod with THAT feature and enjoy your vape.
I was forced to buy a ProVari. After having 2 Vamos and 5 or 6 ego's die on me. To be fair, one of the Vamos lasted for a couple of months after I got the ProVari.

I just didn't see any other option, other than ProVari, that would fit my needs. I still don't.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
This thread has to be one of the most entertaining ones I have read in my short time here on ECF. I originally thought of the word troll at first, but then it got better, and then it escalated so quickly... but I was invested in reading 20 some pages, so I saw it through to the end.
But, I digress. This thread educated me on the Provari more than I could ever have hoped, and reassured me that my purchase of a zombie green Provari was the right choice.
So, in a round about way, thanks to all who contributed! Now I must find some of that sexy gear glassgal showed off! ;)

If I'm not mistaken Gg made "that sexy gear she showed off!" ;)

Seapup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia, USA
Oh man I wished I was graduating in 3 years, it looks like it's gonna be 7 years and that puts me in my 40s. At least I'll be doing something I love. By then I don't know if I'll still be vaping, how many years are you supposed to vape after quitting analogs before you quit vaping anyways??? If I am and I do make it big, I'll get one of those Otto Carter mods and post plenty of pics of it right here on ECF in all it's glory!

GL with the halo contest, 9 is my lucky number!

I don't know how long I'll be vaping. I don't want to think about it. I'm just content to have quit 4+ decades of cigs. I'd love a steampunked Otto Carter mod, but I'd have to rob the daughter's college fund. Hmmm... good idea.
angeldevil3.GIF

988699_561693957206358_116759637_n.jpg

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Oh my... that's a beauty! But if you really love it, why rob your daughter's college fund? Go take a metal/silver smithing class:p. I could make one of those right now, except I don't have the time. You'd have to have incredible eye hand control to ENGRAVE that, but you would not have nearly the hard time SOLDERING it from parts you cut out of metal and filed the edges... copper sheets are not very expensive, and watch gears from used broken watches are not that pricey either. Where there's a will and a bit of imagination, there's a way:).

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
I think this one quit working.
smartalec2.GIF

wG5Kvjo.jpg

LOL! Have you tried sanding it down and sending it back to ProVape? Just looks like a few replacement parts and a good sand/repaint job to me... it looks structurally intact:). (I'd toss the atomizer tho...).

What happened there?? Was that a fire?

Seapup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia, USA
Oh my... that's a beauty! But if you really love it, why rob your daughter's college fund? Go take a metal/silver smithing class:p. I could make one of those right now, except I don't have the time. You'd have to have incredible eye hand control to ENGRAVE that, but you would not have nearly the hard time SOLDERING it from parts you cut out of metal and filed the edges... copper sheets are not very expensive, and watch gears from used broken watches are not that pricey either. Where there's a will and a bit of imagination, there's a way:).

Funny... I was just talking/debating doing that last night as a great hobby for retirement. :thumb:

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I was forced to buy a ProVari. After having 2 Vamos and 5 or 6 ego's die on me. To be fair, one of the Vamos lasted for a couple of months after I got the ProVari.

I just didn't see any other option, other than ProVari, that would fit my needs. I still don't.

You weren't forced though- you choose to buy a ProVari based on previous devices dying.
No one is forced to buy a ProVari.

I bought mine for no other reason than I wanted one. Planning to buy another after the holidays cause I'm tired of switching toppers.
Every PV I've bought I don't regret since they all allowed me to discover what does/n't work for me.

Seapup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia, USA
LOL! Have you tried sanding it down and sending it back to ProVape? Just looks like a few replacement parts and a good sand/repaint job to me... it looks structurally intact:). (I'd toss the atomizer tho...).

What happened there?? Was that a fire?

Someone posted that somewhere else. It suffered a house fire. I hope the owner sent it to ProVape.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Funny... I was just talking/debating doing that last night as a great hobby for retirement. :thumb:

Why not:)? Most people as they start getting older start thinking about what they will leave behind. No one lives forever... but what we make may live long enough to remind the people we love of us for the rest of their lives... and give their children a way to connect with us also:). Why not do that:)?

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Why not:)? Most people as they start getting older start thinking about what they will leave behind. No one lives forever... but what we make may live long enough to remind the people we love of us for the rest of their lives... and give their children a way to connect with us also:). Why not do that:)?

*sniffle* Awwwww *sniffle* Stop before you start making my drop big boo boo tears for real! :)

Sigmus9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Texas
I wish you were my neighbor. I'd let you vape for a day with 4-5 completely different high-end setups, all loaded with your favorite juice. By the end of the day, you'd understand why none of them will go away. With no verbal explanation needed.

I wished I could. I don't have any vaping buddies who are as enthusiastic as I am to learn about and explore everything vaping has to offer. I am turning many people on to vaping and pointing them to the local B&M but no one I know as of yet has any interest in anything above a Halo system at best. I think it would be really nice to have a local vapers club to join. One has popped up in our neck of the woods and the first meeting is in a month. I can't wait to see what it's all about

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Sigmus... don't count on quitting vaping anytime soon. I tried to quit for years and years... literally everything. I spent far more money trying to quit smoking than on all my vape gear (and I've been furiously spending on vape gear). The biggest reason I think I couldn't quit is because I started too young, and my brain is reliant on nicotine to fully function. I literally get stupider when I stop smoking, it's not a physical craving, it's the feeling of mental deficiency that brings me back to the nicotine again and again.

Well, until I develop alzheimers where it won't matter if I can think clearly or not, I'll continue vaping, because I know already I am dependent on the nicotine. I read a scientific paper about that some time ago (I think it was NIH), which concluded that if we start smoking very young, we actually create endorphin replacements using nicotine, so that without it, not only are we dumber, we are meaner, madder, and will stay that way forever without it. Thus the Provari. I figure 10 years from now, I'll probably have a whole lot of Provari...

I read something similar to that and it made me curious about early exposure. My mother smoked when she was pregnant with me, which was considered just fine at the time, and I've always wondered if I was born with a pre-existing addiction, like krack babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread