Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I think this one quit working.
smartalec2.GIF

wG5Kvjo.jpg

I imagine it was photographed for Home Owners insurance. Do you think they would cover a Vamo?

Sigmus9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Texas
maybe we don't ever really need to quit vaping. As long as we stick with quality, organic juices and can level out at 4-6mg nic strength we should be alright. I have come across some interesting information in pre-med and other places that nicotine alone isn't any worse for the body than caffeine. In fact, the story goes that in small amounts, nicotine, like caffeine, again, in small amounts is actually good for you. Nicotine has links to preventing, offsetting or at the very least putting off the onset of dementia in older people as well as other psychiatric disorders in people of all ages.

Then again that may just go back to what GG was talking about how long term early adopting smokers lose cognitive ability when they try to quit nicotine cold turkey. I digress

Seapup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia, USA
Why not:)? Most people as they start getting older start thinking about what they will leave behind. No one lives forever... but what we make may live long enough to remind the people we love of us for the rest of their lives... and give their children a way to connect with us also:). Why not do that:)?

I just may do that. Need to secure the retirement property first. Been checking out FL for the past few months. Headed down to SC in a few weeks and back down to FL next month.

Jaguar07

Carpe Nocturne
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Long Beach, California, USA
Thanks Thrasher. I feel like I held up pretty well until page 7 or 8 (I don't remember now and it's not exactly worth going back to look for) but even then I was just trying to point out when I was being misrepresented myself, but perhaps I was too brash. This thread has honestly felt like I've been in a fight against 50 people all at the same time (a fight I never wanted). As I said, I never wanted negativity to come from this thread and I feel like the only lesson I've learned is to walk on eggshells when questioning any aspect of the Provari in the Provari forum. Nonetheless, thank you for the words of wisdom sir.

And for anybody who didn't see my previous post, I am buying a Provari in the near future regardless of whether they update the user interface or add VW.

I own two Provari. I own a Vamo V3. I own two nemesis clones. I own a King. I have a Lavatube 1.5 and a couple ego C-twists.
The one I won't leave home without is the Provari. The upgrade from the V1 to V2 Provari was $20. The V2 vs V2.5 is a cosmetic change only. If they come out with V3, I have faith that the V2-V3 upgrade will probably be reasonably priced. Try to get an upgrade from any other product or vendor. I think Zen offers some upgrade options for his devices. I'm not sure.

Seapup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia, USA
I wished I could. I don't have any vaping buddies who are as enthusiastic as I am to learn about and explore everything vaping has to offer. I am turning many people on to vaping and pointing them to the local B&M but no one I know as of yet has any interest in anything above a Halo system at best. I think it would be really nice to have a local vapers club to join. One has popped up in our neck of the woods and the first meeting is in a month. I can't wait to see what it's all about

Same here. The few vapers I've met here are using Halo Triton/G6, Ego and Blu. I don't know of any clubs around here and I think there are 2 vape shops 30+ miles away. Most of the higher-end stuff I've seen and borrowed was in Southern FL and Americans vacationing around the Caribbean.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
I read something similar to that and it made me curious about early exposure. My mother smoked when she was pregnant with me, which was considered just fine at the time, and I've always wondered if I was born with a pre-existing addiction, like krack babies.

It's possible... but you know, there were decades when EVERYONE smoked in the US, before all the anti-smoking stuff began. So everyone of our generation and before were probably born to smoking parents. Anyway, my parents didn't smoke, and I started smoking young anyway...

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Hey everybody, OP here...

I just saw that this thread has grown by several pages since my last post, a lot of pretty negative. I wanted to steer the discussion back to what I believe to be the original source of conflict: Variable Wattage. Before I go any further, let me be clear that when I created this thread one of the things that I was attempting to ask was if anybody knew of a VW Provari model being released or rumored to be released in the near future (something I would want to know about considering my plans to purchase one next month and my appreciation for VW as a feature). That being said, as soon as I mentioned VW and Provari in the same sentence, things got ugly... fast. I actually found myself defending VW as a feature (something I did not foresee at all and in all honesty wasn't fully prepared to do- I was taken completely off-guard by the negative feelings people had towards VW as a feature and the apparent negative feelings some people had about me for mentioning it). That being said, over the course of this discussion I feel that I've proven my point in regards to the value of VW. I now just want to reiterate why VW is such a valuable feature even if you eliminate the entire idea of "set-it-and-forget-it" (one of my original defenses). The following example is something that I posted several pages back and fear may be lost in the shuffle for many people joining late. I now present to you my closing argument in favor of VW:

When comparing VW (in 0.1 watt increments) to VV (in 0.1 volt increments), the following statement is an inarguable fact. Variable wattage allows for much finer control over voltage output than a VV-only device. A greater "resolution", if you will, which can allow you to taste your juices at specific precise voltages that you wouldn't be able to achieve on a VV-only device. Please see the example below which proves this to be true.

1.5 ohm @ 8.1 watts = ~3.49 volts

1.5 ohm @ 8.2 watts = ~3.51 volts

1.5 ohm @ 8.3 watts = ~3.53 volts

1.5 ohm @ 8.4 watts = ~3.55 volts

1.5 ohm @ 8.5 watts = ~3.57 volts

1.5 ohm @ 8.6 watts = ~3.59 volts

Haven't read all the way through, so this may have been responded to already. But the only way to get the .1 watt increment is with a Nivel or DNA chip, which as mentioned before, anything made to the level of the Provari is more expensive than the Provari.
As to the "set it and forget it" analogy, I've tried it, had friends try it, and honestly we've all gone back to VV, even on mods that offer the option. The Zmax, for instance, seems smoother in VV mode than it does in VW. I did use a VTR once, and it was a very smooth vape, I believe they used the 103hz chip from the Evic in that mod, but I sure wouldn't want to carry that heavy sucker around all day!
Also my cravings change through the day, I seem to need more of a hit at night, so I crank it up a bit more, turn it down a bit in the am.
I've been hearing this argument over and over for a long time now and I just can't fathom how it works? In practice it didn't for me, but others swear they don't change a thing? But each juice is different, and likes a different heat, each topper is different, and likes a different temp. Take a carto tank, I normally like 8 watts, as Baditude showed, 2 + my resistance normally puts me right there, but if you try to run a Vivi Nova at 8 watts it tastes like burnt .... and cooks the coil!
IMHO there are just too many variables for this to be a realistic approach to vaping. It sounds great in theory, but most of us have been around long enough, and used enough gear that to us it's really just a gimmick, unless you do spend the money on the better units, designed to make newbies feel better.

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
What's the point of having a "vape Jesus" avatar if you are going to act like the Spanish Inquisition? From where I'm standing, it looks like the attacks are coming from the other direction, but maybe I'm just reading into your words wrong.

You do realise the Spanish Inquisition were Jesuits?

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
maybe we don't ever really need to quit vaping. As long as we stick with quality, organic juices and can level out at 4-6mg nic strength we should be alright. I have come across some interesting information in pre-med and other places that nicotine alone isn't any worse for the body than caffeine. In fact, the story goes that in small amounts, nicotine, like caffeine, again, in small amounts is actually good for you. Nicotine has links to preventing, offsetting or at the very least putting off the onset of dementia in older people as well as other psychiatric disorders in people of all ages.

Then again that may just go back to what GG was talking about how long term early adopting smokers lose cognitive ability when they try to quit nicotine cold turkey. I digress

Try telling that to your health insurance company. If you pop positive for nicotine, you are a smoker....period.

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
For four, OLED/AMOLED, extra buttons, VW... Nice. But all could 'add' into the complexity of the scene. Additional source/s for failure. How many times have you noticed a Provari fail? And how many of our brothers in uniform do you think carry a Vamoish device in Afghanistan? It's ruggedness comes from its design!

Can you imagine having to defend yourself with a Vamo, in a place like that where they don't take prisoners? :D

-- Glenn

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Well, I'm not convinced that hitting someone with a Provari would do any significant damage... maybe poke em in the eye with the pointy drip tip? :p

Eyes, bridge of the nose, an ear, the throat, curl it in your fist and use it the same way they would a roll of quarters. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread