Not open for further replies.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Dang Stormfinch! You have it all planned out!!! :laugh:

I was 11 when Etan Patz disappeared, self defense suddenly became pretty important buzzwords to a lot parents when that happened. When I learned to drive I was also taught to walk to the car with a key tucked between each finger of a closed fist.

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
You do realize that Pope Francis is a Jesuit? Of course I :censored: realize it. why the :censored: did you think I put that :censored: comparison in there?
tumblr_inline_mgtttkMdQa1qfe5t2.png

I have no idea, why did you? Please explain

Originally Posted by PLANofMAN
"What's the point of having a "vape Jesus" avatar if you are going to act like the Spanish Inquisition?"

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
You know... I never liked that whole 'Electronic cigarette' designation... because some people actually vape 0 nicotine, so for them it's not a cigarette of any type. AND... you could theoretically also vape aromatherapy EOs, as well as dilute cold medicines (because the dilutant, propolyene glycol and vegetable glycerin are also used in asthma inhalers).

I like personal vaporizer, and I think we should all call them that. It's almost like we are buying into the anti hype. The power of a name...

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
You know... I never liked that whole 'Electronic cigarette' designation... because some people actually vape 0 nicotine, so for them it's not a cigarette of any type. AND... you could theoretically also vape aromatherapy EOs, as well as dilute cold medicines (because the dilutant, propolyene glycol and vegetable glycerin are also used in asthma inhalers).

I like personal vaporizer, and I think we should all call them that. It's almost like we are buying into the anti hype. The power of a name...

I've often wondered if I could use my ProVari to vape my Albuterol.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas

Like choice of device, I figure whatever makes you happy is fine with me. Unfortunately however, what the general public calls it has already left the building. The guy that made it popular, if not invented the modern version, marketed it as an e-cigarette, most of us found it by the same moniker, vaporizer was already taken by the herb crowd long before these came on the market, and near beer is still considered non-alcoholic beer (or other things I won't mention here.) rather than something else. For that matter, the antz would malign them even if the name had nothing to with tobacco, because they scare the crap out of their pharmaceutical masters.

I never could get into the personal vaporizer thing either though. Technically it's not correct because there isn't enough of a water content in the juice and the PG/VG does just the opposite. Maybe personal fogger, since they come closest to being a tiny smoke machine? :)

Last edited:

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Well, it's not vaporizing water... it's vaporizing VG and PG. Tho Personal Fogger sounds pretty good too:).

I actually find myself forgetting when people ask me what I'm using... and keep spouting 'electronic cigarette' in person because I'm so brainwashed. I can totally get that cigarettes are annoying to non-smokers. Not only because it's so noticeable, but because it's got a dangerous health effect on people UNWILLING to smoke. They become victimized, and that's not right.

But I have NO sympathy for annoying people who want to paint E-cigs in the same light as cigarettes. For one thing, studies have been done on them to prove no second hand smoke. The deadly part of cigarettes is the TAR, and there is no tar in E-cigs. If anything, a nonsmoker who took a full hit of one of our vaporizers would at most get the equivalent of a cup of coffee in stimulation. It isnt' going to kill them, it isnt' going to rot their lungs, it isnt' going to make them smell bad. So what's the problem?

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Did you know that technically the study that started the whole second hand smoke drumbeat is a complete crock? The EPA cherry picked their info and used a lower confidence interval than what was and is the gold standard amongst epidemiologists to "prove" their theory. Scientific Evidence Shows Secondhand Smoke Is No Danger | Heartlander Magazine Granted, I can understand why non smokers would find being caught up in it irritating, I now notice it when I go to the club once in a blue moon, but they have a bigger chance of developing lung cancer from walking down a city street than being in a room with a smoker.

As for what their problem is, they're sheep and believe what they're told by the press, who print whatever disingenuousness the health organizations care to spew. So much for Edgar Allen Poe's warning: "Believe nothing of what you nothing of what you see, and half of what you hear". :rolleyes:

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
I agree. But the fact is, whether you can get cancer or not, being in a room with a smoker is hard on non-smokers. Just look at the walls in a room where people smoke... there's no faking how nasty that is. I smoked for decades, and when I'm NOT smoking, even I got annoyed with smokers. Whether 2nd hand smoke is dangerous or not, smoke is annoying, even to smokers, so how much worse for nonsmokers?

Vaping really doesn't bother anyone, unless you're vaping really smelly juice. There's no reason for people to pretend to cough and gasp like they're dying around it... but you will still see it:).

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
I agree. But the fact is, whether you can get cancer or not, being in a room with a smoker is hard on non-smokers. Just look at the walls in a room where people smoke... there's no faking how nasty that is. I smoked for decades, and when I'm NOT smoking, even I got annoyed with smokers. Whether 2nd hand smoke is dangerous or not, smoke is annoying, even to smokers, so how much worse for nonsmokers?

Vaping really doesn't bother anyone, unless you're vaping really smelly juice. There's no reason for people to pretend to cough and gasp like they're dying around it... but you will still see it:).

Tell me about it. We inherited my in-laws house which saw 36 years of dedicated smoking. I've cleaned the main bathroom walls twice now and still the heat and moisture from the shower causes tar to seep from the paint and run in rivulets down the walls.
Messaging_Emoticon_Yuck_CasWR.png
I see several coats of Killz in my future.

Fakers, can't stand em. Wonder if they know how stupid they look doing that? ;)

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Did you know that technically the study that started the whole second hand smoke drumbeat is a complete crock? The EPA cherry picked their info and used a lower confidence interval than what was and is the gold standard amongst epidemiologists to "prove" their theory. Scientific Evidence Shows Secondhand Smoke Is No Danger | Heartlander Magazine Granted, I can understand why non smokers would find being caught up in it irritating, I now notice it when I go to the club once in a blue moon, but they have a bigger chance of developing lung cancer from walking down a city street than being in a room with a smoker.

As for what their problem is, they're sheep and believe what they're told by the press, who print whatever disingenuousness the health organizations care to spew. So much for Edgar Allen Poe's warning: "Believe nothing of what you nothing of what you see, and half of what you hear". :rolleyes:

Not to mention the EPA's study was thrown out by a federal judge at least once for being biased & grossly incorrect.

SpettroJoe

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Carthage, Mo
I like this article about second hand smoke and second hand vapor done just a few days ago.

http://tobaccoanalysis.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/first-study-to-examine-passive-vaping.html

The researchers compared the constituents of room air during passive vaping to those present during passive smoking. During passive smoking, levels of chemicals were as follows (all in micrograms per cubic meter):

Nicotine: 34
Acrolein: 20
Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons: 9.4
Carbon monoxide: 11
Xylene: 0.2
Toluene: 1.7

The detected levels of these same chemicals during the passive vaping session were as follows:

Nicotine:0
Acrolein: 0
Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons: 0
Carbon monoxide: 0
Xylene: 0
Toluene: 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread