Provari V3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiefAllDay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2013
Ft. Campbell, KY
I again think 90% of the people who constantly say there are better devices out there with VW, like GrimGreen, for example, couldn't differentiate between mods in a blind vape test. It's been proven with professionals in the wine industry, I don't know why it would be different with mods.
Now, if we were talking attys, that would be a different story.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
My bad, Stormy dropped hers out a 2 story window, not a 7. I read someone here drop it out a 7 story window tho.

Here's Stormy1960's posted pix 2 stories onto concrete:
erezyju7.jpg

Well Stormy's right here, she can tell you if her Provari died after the fall:).

Stormy1960

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Lubbock, TX
My bad, Stormy dropped hers out a 2 story window, not a 7. I read someone here drop it out a 7 story window tho.

Here's Stormy1960's posted pix 2 stories onto concrete:
erezyju7.jpg

Well Stormy's right here, she can tell you if her Provari died after the fall:).

It never even blinked...I picked it up and it worked fine, gave me a dirty look tho:laugh:

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
I was ready to see the 7 story drop video,, :) by the way i missed the postman today and motice left, nooooooooo no provari today i need to wait till monday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm in Florida and we dont' have 7 story windows anywhere... someone throw your Provari out a 7 story window so we can ooh and ahh please:p. LOL!

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Dropped mine tonight in the mall on the stone floors of Hot Topic. (yeah I was pawing through the Dr. Who merchandise. :D I should know not to try to juggle my PV and re-fold a t-shirt at the same time.) My PT2 tank glass fractured but the PVari came out unscathed, and it would have still vaped if it hadn't been getting air from more than one direction. :oops:

Smokke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Atlanta, GA, USA
One more question for current Provari owners: Would you feel alienated and/or MAD by the release of a new, more fully featured Provari? Because if I had spent that kind of money and a better version of released, I would be fuming! That's what I'm trying to avoid. Why do you feel an update isn't necessary and won't happen any time soon?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

If they did come out with a V3 they would likely have a reasonable priced upgrade like they did for the transition from the V1 to the V2. the V2.5 is only a slight cosmetic change of the V2 so there was not any need for them to offer this. I would not let the possibility of a new version hold me back from getting one if I were you.

Sigmus9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Texas
Here's a little something I never considered before and on top of all the other minor complaints I have with the provari, like the lack of air channels on top and total price after extension caps and beauty rings is at the core of the lack of VW. Being VV only isn't really a bad thing when it comes to adjusting your vape, it's the fact that being voltage based unlike wattage based means you are going to have to adjust your voltage all the time due to the constant drop in battery power not to mention every time you trade out tanks.

To me, imo, after all things considered, VW is truly the most efficient way to go. You can truly set it and forget it and when you have dropping battery power to contend with along with tank swapping and personal vaping power adjustments all being done on a 1 button system is just too much. With VW you just set it and forget it and the only time you make adjustments is not out of necessity but out of personal preference, the way it should be.

So in summation, I am back on board with the OP's original post and though the provari has everything going for it in quality, design, customer service, durability and consistency I just cannot overlook how badly it is missing VW and all the advantages that come with it, mind you not performance wise, but convenience wise and for $200+ I not only expect quality but ease of use.

BTW have yall seen the new 2 tone colors! they look pretty sick, all they need are some air channel on top and VW and I'd be all over them like stink on a hobo

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Here's a little something I never considered before and on top of all the other minor complaints I have with the provari, like the lack of air channels on top and total price after extension caps and beauty rings is at the core of the lack of VW. Being VV only isn't really a bad thing when it comes to adjusting your vape, it's the fact that being voltage based unlike wattage based means you are going to have to adjust your voltage all the time due to the constant drop in battery power not to mention every time you trade out tanks.

To me, imo, after all things considered, VW is truly the most efficient way to go. You can truly set it and forget it and when you have dropping battery power to contend with along with tank swapping and personal vaping power adjustments all being done on a 1 button system is just too much. With VW you just set it and forget it and the only time you make adjustments is not out of necessity but out of personal preference, the way it should be.

So in summation, I am back on board with the OP's original post and though the provari has everything going for it in quality, design, customer service, durability and consistency I just cannot overlook how badly it is missing VW and all the advantages that come with it, mind you not performance wise, but convenience wise and for $200+ I not only expect quality but ease of use.

BTW have yall seen the new 2 tone colors! they look pretty sick, all they need are some air channel on top and VW and I'd be all over them like stink on a hobo

You're one of those people that complain that the microwave takes to long, aren't you? ;) ;)

eda123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Austin
it's the fact that being voltage based unlike wattage based means you are going to have to adjust your voltage all the time due to the constant drop in battery power.

Not true actually. Just take a look at the provari page on their site:

ProVari with AccuSet™ technology - Our built-in dynamic self-calibration algorithm keeps the output voltage accurate to 1% or better over the life of the product. The ProVari will constantly monitor and adjust itself to ensure you always get accurate voltage settings.
Every device will autotune itself so it's always precise!

The Provari will NOT give you less voltage as the battery starts losing charge. "What you set is what you get".

But again, like others have said, if VW is a must have for you, and you cant deal with VV, then the Provari isnt the mod for you. Its not for everyone for sure. Best of luck on your search, i hope you find whatever mod makes you happy.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
the fact that being voltage based unlike wattage based means you are going to have to adjust your voltage all the time due to the constant drop in battery power not to mention every time you trade out tanks.

You're wrong on this point. The Provari's processor constantly monitors the battery's voltage and adjusts the power output to keep the voltage within 1% accuracy of what the user sets, from the time you put a fully charged battery in until it will no longer fire due to a spent battery. This is one of the features that sets the Provari apart from other regulated mods. It's called Accuset Technology.

This, and the Provape processor which fires 800+ Hz PWM as opposed to the 33.3 Hz PWM (rattlesnake effect) of most of the other regulated mods on the market, providing what most owners say is a smoother vaping experience.

I change flavors in different tanks multiple times a day. Each flavor has it's own "sweet spot" in voltage, so whether I had variable wattage or not I'd still be making adjustments. The Provari does variable voltage only, and does it better than any other VV mod on the market. As others have said, if variable wattage is such a game changer for you, then forget about a Provari.

Last edited:

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Sigmus9, go buy a Semovar, right now. It's only $215 at Vaporev: Semovar Mod - SvoëMesto - Variable Voltage - Devices

If you can get a discount code, you can get it even cheaper.

It's VW, it's top of the line, and several people here with Provari love em too (others don't. you won't find many people who really own a Provari complaining about their own Provari). Also, it doesn't need a beauty ring, and you keep describing it to us in your wish list for the Provari. So go get one instead:).

Sigmus9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Texas
That is pretty awesome that provaris keep the voltage constant even as the battery drains and the Semovar is tempting but if provari's brand new are out of my price range that samovar is definitely out of this broke ... college student's budget.

I'm thinking if provari doest come out with a vw version soon the $145 D20S from JCMS Vapes might be the golden goose I'm looking for. maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread