Qualifications For the ALPHA™ Program & ALL ALPHA Product Discussion HERE- Check Here For New Alpha Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
m5tesla.png

m5tesla_1.png

m5tesla_2.png

m5tesla_3.png

ALPHA - Tesla M5 Mechanical Bottom Firing mod
$59.95 $24.95 Alpha price

Very attractive 18650 bottom firing mod we are making available to our ALPHA members at a very special price.

Why ALPHA?
Although this mod has alot of promise we were concerned with one thing in paricular: You have to be careful of the battery brand you use in this unit. In our initial testing we got one of our Panasonic batteries STUCK in the tube. Since you cannot unscrew the bottom it would be very hard to get a stuck battery out. So we only wanted to put these in the hands of experienced users. Our Caveat: Our own eFest batteries worked fine but our Panasonics, protected and unprotected got stuck - so be careful! If you drop a battery in this unit and it does not freely drop and stick out of the tube then DO NOT force it in or you may have a hard time getting it back out. We cannot be responsible for stuck batteries! As always ALPHA products carry no warranty!!

• Takes 18650 Battery
  • Bottom firing eGo threading atop
  • Presentation box with manual
  • No warranties as this is a specially priced ALPHA product

Last edited:

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
Jason Lester
Just got my Tesla M5! This thing is a beast! I gotta say honestly on my first lookover I thought airflow would be a concern, but once I set it up and started vapin' this thing just works. As far as mechs go this will be a welcome replacement for my aging and no longer made Legacy. The only thing I would recommend if you're giving Tesla feedback would be for the button end to unscrew as well, other than that and your already noted battery spacing bit, this mech mod is great. Thank you!

thats from a alpha members FB feedback

ratpack7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
Tesla M5 quick review.
just got my Tesla M5 in the mail. went to put the Efest battery that was said to fit in it and it would not go in easily. took out the battery and found that when the vent holes were drilled there was burs left on the inside. I took a small file and knocked of the burs and now every battery I have fits. Even my Panasonic 3400mAh. you should also use a flat top battery with a button top the top does not screw down tight. Also the bottom button isn't as smooth as it should be it seems to stick a little this may change with use.

Update:
I just took a closer look and if you remove the 5 screws on top of the battery tube the whole thing will come apart. Also found that the button is magnetic.

Last edited:

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
I'm thinking about springing for one of these as well, but I'm curious about the thread chaser tool you mentioned. Can you point me in the direction of the specific tool you used? This sounds like something good to have on hand for virtually ANY mod. Googling got me results for ALL kinds of item-specific thread chasers....

Mine seems to be working flawlessly! The 510 threads on mine seemed a little tight at first. Kindly gritty sounding , cleaned out with my thread chaser, and all is well. This thing works like a champ. Seems to be well built. Just my 2 cents. :)

Xeyk

Nov 30, 2013
Colorado
Just ordered it. I was thinking ALPHA wasn't going to get any new stuff, but I thought "ah, what the heck.. I'll check" and saw this beauty pop on the page. Instantly massive amounts of drool poured out of my mouth all over the keyboard. The keyboard instantly stopped working but that didn't stop me from filling out the credit card info as the need to have this item seemed to have given me some strange mental powers. As I filled out the order form with my mind, empty beer cans were floating all around me. After filling out the form and mentally hitting submit, the cans span around at extreme speeds and got torn apart, killing my roommate. My powers newfound simultaneously left me.

Well, I finally bought a new keyboard and dealt with getting my story straight with the cops, so I am looking forward to reviewing this item when it comes. Thanks GotVapes.

solar flare glass

Verified Member
Apr 15, 2011
Florida
I believe it was the 7mm x 0.5
I have an entire set made by snap on, just grabbed the one that fit lol. But seriously.. I am pretty sure that it is just a 7mm x 0.5. BTW. Kobalt tools sold at Lowes, are made by snap on(lifetime warranty). Priced fairly decent also should have what you need there.

Hope this helps you out

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Hey, that DOES help. Thanks!

I believe it was the 7mm x 0.5
I have an entire set made by snap on, just grabbed the one that fit lol. But seriously.. I am pretty sure that it is just a 7mm x 0.5. BTW. Kobalt tools sold at Lowes, are made by snap on(lifetime warranty). Priced fairly decent also should have what you need there.

Hope this helps you out

Xeyk

Nov 30, 2013
Colorado
IMAG0346.jpg

Alright guys. I have to say I love this new guy. My Sony 18650VTC3 fits just fine in it, so that one can be added to the list. As for the actual mod, the only qualm I have with it is how it is a little hard for me to push the bottom button with my pinky. I may just have weak pinkies. The inner tube that says "tesla" moves around quite easily, but only if you touch it. It seems to stay perfectly in place with the bars protecting it. As you can see from my image, with the black Octopus RDA that GotVapes also sells, it's got the exact same finish, and looks very awesome. Almost makes me want to ask which one of these items was designed with the other in mind.

Also, the bottom locking mechanism takes about nine turns of the fingers to go from completely locked, to completely unlocked.

Overall, this device is awesome. Really glad with the purchase, and would've expected to pay more. If anyone has any other questions, I will try my best to answer. Thank you, guys.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
Hey wait a minute. Who's this guy?

Whats up fellow Alphinians? I changed my email addy and my acct here got locked. Took over a week to get squared away...

When I opened the box I was like oh crap. After several days of use it's growing on these large hands... No problem with the Orbtronics or AWs. Can't close top cap all the way w Orbtronics, but thats no biggie given the look of the mod. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread