Random DIY mixing and More

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
Gov. Abbot activated the National Guard in Texas today in preparation for the coronavirus. Not sure how that's going to play out, relief efforts I hope, and not a future martial law situation. Stores are sold out of paper goods, water, food, like everywhere. No statewide lockdown yet, I feel it's on it's way though. Crazy times we're living in. I thought prepping for the vapocalypse was nuts, this is like living in a fiction movie. Not much to do about the situation other than what I'm doing now, distancing, hygiene, etc. Stay safe people.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I mixed up a new recipe last night. It's called campfire banana inspired by a recipe made by DJmills on AlltheFlavors. I did make some changes.

Aged Bourbon Cream SC RF 1.5%
Banana FE 1%
Chocolate Chunks WF 1%
Cream Fresh FA .75%
Marshmallow FW 2%
Ripe Banana TFA 2%
Toasted Marshmallow TFA 1.5%

The original recipe calls for Kentucky Bourbon tfa at .75% instead of the aged bourbon cream I used. I also used a different banana in the mix. The flavor profile is supposed to come across as rather Smorish..... I put it in the steep box and will test it at 3 weeks.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Their denial of it is rather bothersome...... but very telling. Inexcusable behavior should never be followed by an excuse. We should all give someone space when they are having a bad day.

Just saying...... But today is a good day indeed.:)
I have to ask, did I say something hateful?

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I mixed up a new recipe last night. It's called campfire banana inspired by a recipe made by DJmills on AlltheFlavors. I did make some changes.

Aged Bourbon Cream SC RF 1.5%
Banana FE 1%
Chocolate Chunks WF 1%
Cream Fresh FA .75%
Marshmallow FW 2%
Ripe Banana TFA 2%
Toasted Marshmallow TFA 1.5%

The original recipe calls for Kentucky Bourbon tfa at .75% instead of the aged bourbon cream I used. I also used a different banana in the mix. The flavor profile is supposed to come across as rather Smorish..... I put it in the steep box and will test it at 3 weeks.
Definitely want an update on that one. I have pretty much given up on chocolates. Never could make one I found vapeable

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Happy St Patrick's Day! I'm surprised nobody beat me to this (bad joke)... did everyone add green food coloring to their juice today? Mom's making traditional corned beef with potatoes and cabbage... small gathering: me , mom, my nephew and a close friend of mom. After dinner, we are having coffee with irish cream topped with whipped cream and green sprinkles (she also made a dessert (in martini glasses) with chocolate cake and green pudding... she get's very exited when company comes (been cleaning house since 5 AM) Another older guy was coming but canceled because of the virus (he has several medical conditions) My nephew's 2 year old son is here too. We are drinking wine (mom doesn't like irish beer) but when dad was still around he always drank some kind of irish beer (we miss him) After dinner want to play my irish drinking songs collection but doubt they are up for that (but who knows) We are only 25 % irish but I sure love those songs! Have a great day everyone. vaping my cheesecake, graham, strawberry, boysenberry (and some pre-made vanilla butter-nut) Nice... very mellow, has steeped two weeks and the cheesecake calmed down. I have nothing green to wear so cheated... green "mardi-gras" beads.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I hope I didn't give you the impression you did. If so, my apologies. I really like you a lotta lotta... and I mean that. You are a favorite of mine. Sorry if I came across wrong.
I was just checking! I mean, I can get cranky sometimes, so best check myself. And, we all say things without thinking sometimes that doesn’t come out as we intended. I’d apologize if I was guilty of (b)witchyness. And not halfheartedly. Id actually feel guilty.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Same here. If it is just a hint in the mix I'll be happy.
I can’t describe it (y’all know that’s my weak point)... it tastes either mildly of dirt, or like really bad cheap, imitation chocolate candy. Neither which is pleasant. I love chocolate, so I haven’t given up hope. I’m just leery

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Happy St Patrick's Day! I'm surprised nobody beat me to this (bad joke)... did everyone add green food coloring to their juice today? Mom's making traditional corned beef with potatoes and cabbage... small gathering: me , mom, my nephew and a close friend of mom. After dinner, we are having coffee with irish cream topped with whipped cream and green sprinkles (she also made a dessert (in martini glasses) with chocolate cake and green pudding... she get's very exited when company comes (been cleaning house since 5 AM) Another older guy was coming but canceled because of the virus (he has several medical conditions) My nephew's 2 year old son is here too. We are drinking wine (mom doesn't like irish beer) but when dad was still around he always drank some kind of irish beer (we miss him) After dinner want to play my irish drinking songs collection but doubt they are up for that (but who knows) We are only 25 % irish but I sure love those songs! Have a great day everyone. Vaping my cheesecake, graham, strawberry, boysenberry (and some pre-made vanilla butter-nut) Nice... very mellow, has steeped two weeks and the cheesecake calmed down. I have nothing green to wear so cheated... green "mardi-gras" beads.

Sounds like a fun gathering. Enjoy!

Just me and the kitty tonight with a couple of glasses of whiskey. Her favorite music is death metal, go figure, but will be playing some traditional Irish folk

Fav Irish drinking song is Waxies’ Dargle. Popular song with the Pogues (more of a Celtic Punk type music), but many Irish bands have their own rendition.

Says my aul' wan to your aul' wan
"Will ye go to the Waxies dargle?"
Says your aul' wan to my aul' wan,
"I haven't got a farthing.
I went up to Monto town
To see Uncle McArdle
But he wouldn't give me a half a crown
For to go to the Waxies dargle."

What will ya have?!
I'll have a pint!
I'll have a pint with you, Sir!
And if one of ya' doesn't order soon
We'll be chucked out of the boozer!

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Some people are such idiots. A woman came to look at some beds I am selling dirt cheap. First she went to the neighbors, called me and argued that she was at that address and I had given her the wrong address. It went downhill from there.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Some people are such idiots. A woman came to look at some beds I am selling dirt cheap. First she went to the neighbors, called me and argued that she was at that address and I had given her the wrong address. It went downhill from there.
    My grandmother used to say, sometimes the ugly in peoples’ hearts just runs right out of their mouths. I’m sorry you had to deal with her, bless her heart ;)

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    You folks sure were busy posting while I was at work. I walk every day at lunch and noticed a few restaurants had closed down. My wife informed me that we are going to need TP next week. I hope the stockpiling slows down by then.

Users who are viewing this thread