Random DIY mixing and More

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I wont have the same level of patience. I'm gonna suck out a few mls on a few of mine after 8 weeks. I'll let the rest sit at least a couple more weeks.

If you are going to try sneaking a few ml, be careful not to lift of shake the jars any more than absolutely necessary. They are still unfiltered, and every motion will stir up particles and sediments you would normally filter out. And, despite this, they will still seem gunky. But you could get a small sample to taste that way.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Well, if I wanted, but I don't. My old building is the place I fell in love with my job. I probably (after this, normal work is gonna be a breeze) will go there a day a week (if I stay at 5 days, which I plant to and just reap the insurance benefits money) on their busiest day at LEAST until I build my prudent reserve of 3 months of bills. I have been broke before but not like THIS. But, I started thinking it's not really fair, etc. That way, docs in the other building can schedule all their patients they want seen by integrated behavioral health on that day, etc. The providers are all happy to have me around.

But no, I will never leave my old location. I love it and the providers dearly.

Anna
    Well, then I just hope you get back to the place you like best.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Think our taste buds got old.
    :lol::lol:I hope not!! Mine are about to get a year older on Friday. If that were true, commercial juice would taste a lot less over flavored by now lol!!! I think they used better/more expensive ingredients back then. Profit trumped quality.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    :lol::lol:I hope not!! Mine are about to get a year older on Friday. If that were true, commercial juice would taste a lot less over flavored by now lol!!! I think they used better/more expensive ingredients back then. Profit trumped quality.
    Commercial juice is over flavored.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Yes!! I’m another with the belief there is no best flavor. We all have individual taste.
    That was the most frustrating thing when I started mixing. I would ask what the best (fill in the blank) flavor was, only to discover I had to try several to find what suited me. I thought it would be more like food recipes lol

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    That was the most frustrating thing when I started mixing. I would ask what the best (fill in the blank) flavor was, only to discover I had to try several to find what suited me. I thought it would be more like food recipes lol
    Think everyone does that but we learn quick for the most part.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Food doesn't always translate into a good vape.

Pineapple and rhubarb are two of my favorite food tastes, but my attempts to vape them were my worst vaping experiences so far. On the other hand I love marzipan and I got a very nice vape out of that. You can never tell until you try.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    So what chocolate is your favorite? I actually don’t know if I have a favorite.If looking for a main chocolate taste I would probably go with WF chocolate chunks..I have several others I like such as TFA and VT chocolate mousse etc. Depends on the recipe which used.

I’ve never had an interest in FLV chocolate deutsch. Said to be a dark chocolate which isn’t my fav. Also said to have a taste of coconut which is yuck to me in a vape. Not to mention the poison stuff.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Pineapple and rhubarb are two of my favorite food tastes, but my attempts to vape them were my worst vaping experiences so far. On the other hand I love marzipan and I got a very nice vape out of that. You can never tell until you try.
    So true.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Commercial juice is over flavored.
    Proof that our taste buds are still “young” ;)... it still tastes awful! I found a bottle of an old favorite, cut it in half with base... let’s just say even cut down, I was glad I tested it right before a coil change. Blech!!!!

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Well, then I just hope you get back to the place you like best.

LOL I have always found laying in empty graves after sneaking into cemeteries (okay I was a teenager okay?) to be thoroughly restful.

I just, you know, wanted to try out death and get a feel for it, you know.

Damn it I must do notes NOW. I want to try my (likely vile) every chocolate mix and set up another precio. Later, probably.

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    LOL I have always found laying in empty graves after sneaking into cemeteries (okay I was a teenager okay?) to be thoroughly restful.

I just, you know, wanted to try out death and get a feel for it, you know.

Damn it I must do notes NOW. I want to try my (likely vile) every chocolate mix and set up another precio. Later, probably.

Anna
    I used to think entering abandoned homes in the woods was fun til I went through the floor in one.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Think our taste buds got old.
    That's certainly true, but I think a lot of things truly don't taste as good, because of the way they are manufactured and the conditions under which they are raised. Plus lots of plants have been manipulated to make them more pest resistant and transportable/storable at the expense of flavor.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    A lot of folks like TFA chocolates and don't think there are better ones. You can only speak of your own tastes.
    I know Fran... of course we all have different tastes and opinions. I said that because of reading so many post were people are experimenting with chocolate flavors and end up disappointed... just trying to help.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Not a good answer... but my favorite chocolate is a pre-made Smores with FA cocoa added (it was weak and the cocoa fixed it right up) Of course I like darker chocolate than most people. Hoping to re-create the Smores when it runs out. I am very interested in HS Australian chocolate.
    Please understand my "best flavors" list is intended for beginners that have no guide to which brands/flavors and might just choose something because it has a cool name or is a popular brand (for other flavors) I will be more careful how I word my comments... fair enough?

Users who are viewing this thread