Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Fran I didn't mean to confuse you either.

I don't vape more than 10% PG I am PG sensitive.

I DO find my mixes brighter and less sweet using PEG40 than VG alone (I'm at 10% PG, 40% PG400 and 40% VG.

I find it better and more flavorful than VG only.. That tastes muddy.

I genuinely don't know if PEG400 would give you anything MORE or DIFFERENT than PG on its own.

It MAY or MAY not be worth a shot. PG AND PEG400 both cut down on sweetness (based on my very limited experience with PG) but I DON'T think PEG400 would give you a lot of magical lack of sweetness ANY more than PG, necessarily.

Again, it's hard for me to compare it because I am PG sensitive. I LIKE PEG400 a lot, but ONLY compared to max VG, that's about all I can say for it. I think it IS less sweet than VG and a better flavor carrier.

I do NOT (in my limited opinion) think it will magically make flavors ANY less sweet, it will carry flavors and is LESS sweet than VG so probably a little less sweet but ONLY compared to max VG flavors.

I hope this helps a BIT.

Anna
    It does. Thank you:)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    FLV blood orange 2.5%
    Cap sweet tangerine 2%
    Cap juicy orange 2%
    LA lemonade 1.5%
    EM .5%
    You can leave out the EM if you can take the throat hit
    Wow, another recipe I have all the flavors for. I haven't used my LA lemonade yet, does it fade?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    FLV blood orange 2.5%
    Cap sweet tangerine 2%
    Cap juicy orange 2%
    LA lemonade 1.5%
    EM .5%
    I know I can't vape that but it sounds tasty:)

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I thought I had plenty of steeping patience but I think I've lost it. Really want to try my newer mixes and flavor testers......but I won't. May try a couple testers fresh though.
    I have zero patience. I mix the next batch on the first day I can try the last ones. Having new juice to taste takes my mind off the ones steeping.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    FLV blood orange 2.5%
    Cap sweet tangerine 2%
    Cap juicy orange 2%
    LA lemonade 1.5%
    EM .5%

That sounds really good. Unfortunately I don't think I have both of those cap flavors. I'm pretty sure I have on of them but am pretty sure I don't have one. I'll check my flavor list when I get home. Thanks for sharing. I just got the blood orange and haven't tried it yet.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Man, everybody took that wrong. Back on page 24 you said you got just as good a flavor with vg it just takes longer to steep. I was just saying that I had done that experiment and to try it and see if thats true. I wasnt suggesting anybody go back to mixing 50/50. I was just pointing out that there is a difference in flavor. Really wish I wouldnt have said anything.
    The apple recipe is "Wayne Walkers from diyordie". Its yummy
    It was good information to ponder. My base is 50/50 until I add flavors. Y’all have a lot of knowledge, but some of us, including the lurkers, appreciate you all sharing it as we learn to become better mixers. What’s second nature to you may be new to someone.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Man, everybody took that wrong. Back on page 24 you said you got just as good a flavor with vg it just takes longer to steep. I was just saying that I had done that experiment and to try it and see if thats true. I wasnt suggesting anybody go back to mixing 50/50. I was just pointing out that there is a difference in flavor. Really wish I wouldnt have said anything.
    The apple recipe is "Wayne Walkers from diyordie". Its yummy

I don't mind, didn't make me mad. It's just not an option. Since my PG reaction built up and stuck around for 3 years of pretty much not vaping I don't think 6 years of solid vaping would help. And my reaction to a different PEG isn't fun (besides what it's supposed to do), even at normal Miralax doses so I don't see it being worth the risk. I'm happy with my DIY as it is.

Something interesting in this. My flavors are less because of my 10% limit and I've been at that limit since 2013 equipment. I find some of my recipes to be very strong and flavorful. So what's up with people who use PG with 20% and higher flavors? I'm not someone who tastes minor things, I pile on the hot peppers and sauce.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2013
    New York City
    Last night I mixed up one I found on ELR with great reviews. People say it tastes like Cran-Apple juice and Loaded Cran-Apple Juice by Ruthless.
    The recipe called for CAP Supersweet and I used EM instead, based on the comments. I definitely don't think the Fuji is too strong - it probably takes that much to get any apple flavor with the cranberry. Anyway, I like it a lot (and didn't really expect to) so thought I would share it with you.

Cotton Candy (EM) (TFA) 2%
    Cranberry (TFA) 7%
    Fuji (FA) 4%
    WS-23 .5% (certainly optional)

I mixed up another test batch of Cran-Apple today using 2% Fuji, a bit of INW Pear and a bit of FE Lemon. After it settles, I will test it and see which one, to my tastes, is better. If nothing else, I can mix the two together and maybe make some magic. :D

I love cran-apple and do believe that I have all of these flavors on hand. Thanks for posting!

Saving this to my 47-page DIY-recipes/notes document... :w00t:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I was looking on amazon at some syringes and could use some help. I want to get an assortment pack but am not sure what to look for so I get some that have a good size needle for picking up vg as well as the smaller ones for flavors. Anyone have a suggestion?

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I was looking on amazon at some syringes and could use some help. I want to get an assortment pack but am not sure what to look for so I get some that have a good size needle for picking up vg as well as the smaller ones for flavors. Anyone have a suggestion?

Syringes I use 3ml for flavors, they go to .1ml, I split the difference for .05ml.
    I use 6ml and 20ml for nicotine and VG. Sometimes 12ml.

I bought a box of 100 of the 3ml because of rubber killing flavorings. They're the ones I can go through most often. The rest I pick up a few when I'm at TSC as I need them.

I use 18ga for flavors. 14ga for VG (could use bigger but I haven't seen any).

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I kinda like this set but am not sure if the needles are big enough.

https://www.amazon.com/Sets-Syringe...0889248&sr=8-11-spons&keywords=syringes&psc=1

You would have a lot of small needles you don't need. I could use them as torch tips or soap scent.
    You would lack a really big syringe for base so you'd have to suck up the base 2 or more times for 30ml unless you're at a PG/VG percentage that has 10ml as your biggest measurement. The 1ml syringes would be good for some things.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    You simply don't need a needle for every syringe. If you mix by volume a graduated beaker or cylinder is easier. You add everything but vg, then just add the vg to fill line or put in flavors and then add nic base to fill line. I just bought a pack of 1ml and a pack of 3ml syringe only. They rinse out well and the numbers stay put with most flavors.

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    You simply don't need a needle for every syringe.

But it's more fun that way:lol:

I have enough 18ga and enough 3ml flavor syringes I can mix a lot of a recipe at once.
    I only have 2 14ga so I have to swap those depending on how big of a bottle I'm mixing.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

Users who are viewing this thread