Random DIY mixing and More

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Good Lord, you people are rolling over 100 posts a day. I can't begin to keep up.
Good Morning Mixers. Really need to get off my .... and start dealing with all these options I have just lying around. Some of them might actually make good e-liquids.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I think I killed my first mod screen at work today, the USV Mach On3. There are verticle lines running all across the screen but it still vapes fine. I do wonder if its safe to use with a bad screen though. Opinions, yea or ney?

Those displays use screens with addressable pixels that are strobed similar to a computer screen. If a pixel driver goes South and stays on or off you get a vertical or horizontal line in the screen. The mod's internal electronics still work, but the display can have lines. As long as you can use the mod it's fine, but the display may get worse over time. Shop for a deal to replace it!

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
On one of the trails I cycle on, there is a black squirrel, which usually appears on my passage. When I looked it up, there was an explanation that it was really a grey squirrel with some sort of something or other. It was still a black squirrel to me which I've never seen before.

Most of the squirrels around our house are Grey with reddish fur on the top of their heads. Typical Grey squirrel. I'd leave them alone, but they decided to chew on the door casings of our front and back doors. A pellet rifle was the only cure. After I dispatched a few the chewing stopped and I retired the pellet gun. It's still on call if the damage begins again!

Terri McVeety

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2018
NE Texas
Most of the squirrels around our house are Grey with reddish fur on the top of their heads. Typical Grey squirrel. I'd leave them alone, but they decided to chew on the door casings of our front and back doors. A pellet rifle was the only cure. After I dispatched a few the chewing stopped and I retired the pellet gun. It's still on call if the damage begins again!
Oh no! Not okay to munch on the house!

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good morning mixers. I had high hopes for the SC orange sft but it tastes like Tang drink mix. Not that I hate it but wasn’t what I was hoping for. It’s not as strong either as I thought it would be at 3%.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Don't blame you.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good morning mixers. I had high hopes for the SC orange sft but it tastes like Tang drink mix. Not that I hate it but wasn’t what I was hoping for. It’s not as strong either as I thought it would be at 3%.
    I wouldn't care for that. Never was crazy about Tang. Fruits generally don't need a steep but wouldn't hurt to try it again in a week?

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I have had better luck with tangerine flavors than orange ones.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    Those displays use screens with addressable pixels that are strobed similar to a computer screen. If a pixel driver goes South and stays on or off you get a vertical or horizontal line in the screen. The mod's internal electronics still work, but the display can have lines. As long as you can use the mod it's fine, but the display may get worse over time. Shop for a deal to replace it!
    Thank you, this is good information to know.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    I think I killed my first mod screen at work today, the USV Mach On3. There are verticle lines running all across the screen but it still vapes fine. I do wonder if its safe to use with a bad screen though. Opinions, yea or ney?

Yes, that :) Display and control are different parts of the board, although, of course, when it gets to the point that you can see to make settings...

Technology is a mixed blessing (I've been known to say that a lot) I read that last word as "sawdust"LOL

1816746.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread