Random DIY mixing and More

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
@dennism I hope your wife heals up quickly that sound painful. Oof. I only broke my little toe and that hurt enough for me. I dropped one of them hanging ironing boards on it and thank God I was wearing Aussie Sheepskin slippers cuz the safety button was gone so it was just a raggedy edge. It still bled a ton, but I was not Anna nine toes, which would have sucked for yoga which I would like to say I am missing but I can't even imagine. I just can't seem to get my temp down with Tylenol I think Aspirin is okay to use I should check. My head hurts, man.

Okay transcripts from one college achieved my master's .program seems to have abdicated complete responsibility to some odd nonsensical site, but it let me order the day before so I am clueless. I am learning about many towns nowhere. Tomorrow I gotta deal with SSDI and well, stuff as best I can. That disability app oooooff! Oh well it's getting late I seem to do better in the a,m.

Dude, I called my kid again and it was horrible. I am not talking to that little creep until I feel better. Like, very gently I was like ""honey, I understand we differ sometimes but like, we used to be able to talk about stuff sanely and rationally. This wound up in this web of madness when he was telling me I said things I didn't and twisting my words. I explained he did not understand what I meant and tried to explain the difference between epidemiology and public health and creative solutions. I said of COURSE I would personally care if my own mother died and all deaths generally, but there are risks you take with public mental health where epidemiology is like so risk averse the director of their main center was quoted as "You have to be paranoid you just have to and the message needs to be consistent." I said I did not believe any responsible scientific organization should be advocating paranoia anyway. I was like, "it's fine to be so IF Your local gov't supports it, which in Seattle happened, but it didn't in NY and it was carnage man.

That's why calm and rational makes sense to me and epidemiologists take NO responsibility for mopping up the mess behind. I said I had it and felt you know awful but really was not gong to die probably and like, HONESTLY as someone trained in public health I had to look at cascading systems including healthcare AND the economy TOO, and if that resulted in more unavoidable deaths than quarantine despite my actual love for my mom, yes, if she died too it would be AWFUL but Public Health is pragmatic and examine big picture projections and long term outcomes and we are ALL born to die, frankly. I was like "Your grandmother has had one of the best lives every, she has done and seen so much and she's happy."

I also said we can also get into rhetoric and he should take a look at what I DID with my life,. HOLY crud, I have worked for extremely poverty stricken places urban and rural and if you think Johns Hopkins methadone program pays well it does not.

I told him I ROUTINELY had prize boxes presents and things to give to kiddos in need (right now LOL AFTER vacinnes and if there are five kids sitting there too, they all get one. I have always paid for this stuff out of my own pocket to give back to companies hiring me and their patients and for about 8 years I worked weekends on a beeper to ER assessments so the kid got his needs met (including private school.) I pointed out like, that is what *I DO* and it matters also and he should consider that.

He told me I was "just mean" and gave me a set of statements I needed to "take accountability for" and I said it's really hard to determine mean or nice over the phone sometimes and I wasn't in the best place currently (even excepting COVID) I had been though a rough time and I was sorry like, he felt that way. He said that was a giant cop out, too.

I took a moment and said, "Kiddo, do you want me to not call you until I'm better?"
He was like, "That is probably best."
I said, "Okay I think it's remote but how about a death bed call or shall we call it even at this point."
He said I sucked, and hung up. I got this text that was like "I will always love you I hope you get better soon."

I just texted back, "Yep, me too." I didn't add the "get better from being a psycho part ,but like he probably won't get it.

I will have to give up for a while and refuse phone calls for a bit . I have to keep reminding myself he was a sweet kid at one time and all teens have to rebel so his is coming late or something .He is just so.... black and white and he's NOT DUMB I KNOW he understands nuance. He's just-- I hate what he is like ATM and it' unfair honestly.

I think perhaps leaving him to stew for a while would be good .I'm not the nicest human being on earth, but not the meanest either, I can't keep bawling my eyes out after talking to a kid who like, reminds me of my ex in tone and certain statements, it's really painful, honestly. I tried so hard with that kid and I love him so MUCH but I miss when he wasn't a freaking robot puppeting CRAP without thought.

Sigh. IDK maybe some of you with older kids know what to do. I fear for his generation.
Anna.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@JustWondering1 -

About this: "I've been adding to my cart at BCF. It's so big now I think I need to split it into two or three orders.
The rabbit hole has me hook, line and sinker! To divide it up, I need to go over all of the recipes I want to make and divide it so each order will allow me to make two or three new recipes including your 3B Cheesecake
."

Have you considered that if you don't split it up...you're more likely to hit the BCF Free S/H amount? (That is, if it won't max out your CC limit for 1 big one! Kind of depends on how deep your rabbit hole is though. :lol:) You'll save $$ in the longrun, versus placing 2-3 smaller orders and paying S/H on each of them. I used to place several smaller ones...until I figured out what they were costing me in just S/H.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    @dennism I hope your wife heals up quickly that sound painful. Oof. I only broke my little toe and that hurt enough for me. I dropped one of them hanging ironing boards on it and thank God I was wearing Aussie Sheepskin slippers cuz the safety button was gone so it was just a raggedy edge. It still bled a ton, but I was not Anna nine toes, which would have sucked for yoga which I would like to say I am missing but I can't even imagine. I just can't seem to get my temp down with Tylenol I think Aspirin is okay to use I should check. My head hurts, man.

Okay transcripts from one college achieved my master's .program seems to have abdicated complete responsibility to some odd nonsensical site, but it let me order the day before so I am clueless. I am learning about many towns nowhere. Tomorrow I gotta deal with SSDI and well, stuff as best I can. That disability app oooooff! Oh well it's getting late I seem to do better in the a,m.

Dude, I called my kid again and it was horrible. I am not talking to that little creep until I feel better. Like, very gently I was like ""honey, I understand we differ sometimes but like, we used to be able to talk about stuff sanely and rationally. This wound up in this web of madness when he was telling me I said things I didn't and twisting my words. I explained he did not understand what I meant and tried to explain the difference between epidemiology and public health and creative solutions. I said of COURSE I would personally care if my own mother died and all deaths generally, but there are risks you take with public mental health where epidemiology is like so risk averse the director of their main center was quoted as "You have to be paranoid you just have to and the message needs to be consistent." I said I did not believe any responsible scientific organization should be advocating paranoia anyway. I was like, "it's fine to be so IF Your local gov't supports it, which in Seattle happened, but it didn't in NY and it was carnage man.

That's why calm and rational makes sense to me and epidemiologists take NO responsibility for mopping up the mess behind. I said I had it and felt you know awful but really was not gong to die probably and like, HONESTLY as someone trained in public health I had to look at cascading systems including healthcare AND the economy TOO, and if that resulted in more unavoidable deaths than quarantine despite my actual love for my mom, yes, if she died too it would be AWFUL but Public Health is pragmatic and examine big picture projections and long term outcomes and we are ALL born to die, frankly. I was like "Your grandmother has had one of the best lives every, she has done and seen so much and she's happy."

I also said we can also get into rhetoric and he should take a look at what I DID with my life,. HOLY crud, I have worked for extremely poverty stricken places urban and rural and if you think Johns Hopkins methadone program pays well it does not.

I told him I ROUTINELY had prize boxes presents and things to give to kiddos in need (right now LOL AFTER vacinnes and if there are five kids sitting there too, they all get one. I have always paid for this stuff out of my own pocket to give back to companies hiring me and their patients and for about 8 years I worked weekends on a beeper to ER assessments so the kid got his needs met (including private school.) I pointed out like, that is what *I DO* and it matters also and he should consider that.

He told me I was "just mean" and gave me a set of statements I needed to "take accountability for" and I said it's really hard to determine mean or nice over the phone sometimes and I wasn't in the best place currently (even excepting COVID) I had been though a rough time and I was sorry like, he felt that way. He said that was a giant cop out, too.

I took a moment and said, "Kiddo, do you want me to not call you until I'm better?"
    He was like, "That is probably best."
    I said, "Okay I think it's remote but how about a death bed call or shall we call it even at this point."
    He said I sucked, and hung up. I got this text that was like "I will always love you I hope you get better soon."

I just texted back, "Yep, me too." I didn't add the "get better from being a psycho part ,but like he probably won't get it.

I will have to give up for a while and refuse phone calls for a bit . I have to keep reminding myself he was a sweet kid at one time and all teens have to rebel so his is coming late or something .He is just so.... black and white and he's NOT DUMB I KNOW he understands nuance. He's just-- I hate what he is like ATM and it' unfair honestly.

I think perhaps leaving him to stew for a while would be good .I'm not the nicest human being on earth, but not the meanest either, I can't keep bawling my eyes out after talking to a kid who like, reminds me of my ex in tone and certain statements, it's really painful, honestly. I tried so hard with that kid and I love him so MUCH but I miss when he wasn't a freaking robot puppeting CRAP without thought.

Sigh. IDK maybe some of you with older kids know what to do. I fear for his generation.
    Anna.
    Think mine have past that point. My baby is 2 years from 50.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    LOL . Sounds like too much work to me.

It’s a bit of work up front figuring it out for yourself. The strawberry and lemon trinity mixes are ones I found and didn’t do myself. The blackberry is the only one I did on my own.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    You should have moral support now!

They have drive through testing but I'd need to go into my adult workplace and whatnot. I don't quite know what a positive test would do for me unless I get coffin money or something. IDK maybe I should check. LOL.

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    It’s a bit of work up front figuring it out for yourself. The strawberry and lemon trinity mixes are ones I found and didn’t do myself. The blackberry is the only one I did on my own.
    Yeah, I really don’t want to do a same flavor trinity cause I rarely use the same fruits inmore than one recipe. Not at the same % anyway.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    My wife cut my hair a couple weeks ago and did a nice job but I knew it wasn’t short enough to last long. She was busy making masks for a friend tonight and my hair was driving me nuts after my workout so I told her I’m going to go cut it myself. It actually came out decent. I did a #2 on the bottom, blended up with a 3 and took a 4 to the top. It’s not as short as when I go to get it cut but it’s definitely feeling better.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Yeah, I really don’t want to do a same flavor trinity cause I rarely use the same fruits inmore than one recipe. Not at the same % anyway.

I definitely understand that and don’t use trinity mixes that often but I like having them on hand for quick mixes. I had some cheesecake base and just added some lemon trinity and was good to go. The lemon is probably my favorite one.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    They have drive through testing but I'd need to go into my adult workplace and whatnot. I don't quite know what a positive test would do for me unless I get coffin money or something. IDK maybe I should check. LOL.

Anna
    You should

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I think 190 proof is also known as Shotfaced, but pronounced differently.
    You can't drink it (even if you tried) it would burn your stomach (if it even made it down your throat) How do I know... been there, done that :lol: I bought it to make the herbal tincture but had to try a sip out of curiosity.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    My new flavors are 30 ml bottles. I like that because I can put the syringe directly into the bottle (the smaller bottles I have to squirt some into a container (guessing how much) and always overshoot the amount and can't put it back in so have to add more base (yes, I need a scale) Anyway, from now on going to order all my flavors in 30 ml (the ones I know I like and will use often)

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Yuck, way too hot.

Yes and getting hotter in here - we found the thermostat is running some old program and we can't get it to stop and run our temp. It wants it at 83 and we want 77. I can't find a manual online either.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yes and getting hotter in here - we found the thermostat is running some old program and we can't get it to stop and run our temp. It wants it at 83 and we want 77. I can't find a manual online either.
    Well,that’s not good.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    You can't drink it (even if you tried) it would burn your stomach (if it even made it down your throat) How do I know... been there, done that :lol: I bought it to make the herbal tincture but had to try a sip out of curiosity.

I never said anything about drinking it straight. It's meant to be diluted or as an ingredient.... I think you're obviously doing it wrong. Glad you're still here though....

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    @JustWondering1 -

About this: "I've been adding to my cart at BCF. It's so big now I think I need to split it into two or three orders.
    The rabbit hole has me hook, line and sinker! To divide it up, I need to go over all of the recipes I want to make and divide it so each order will allow me to make two or three new recipes including your 3B Cheesecake
    ."

Have you considered that if you don't split it up...you're more likely to hit the BCF Free S/H amount? (That is, if it won't max out your CC limit for 1 big one! Kind of depends on how deep your rabbit hole is though. :lol:) You'll save $$ in the longrun, versus placing 2-3 smaller orders and paying S/H on each of them. I used to place several smaller ones...until I figured out what they were costing me in just S/H.

Thanks JC! That's an excellent point, I will make sure each order is big enough to get free shipping because I'd much rather spend the money on flavors. I'll check on what their free shipping threshold is. Thanks again!!

Users who are viewing this thread