Random DIY mixing and More

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Good grief !
    I found out today that I myself need seven teeth pulled as soon as possible, and while going thru this forum I just HAPPENED upon this post suddenly. Omg. This world is certainly amazing with its synchronicity.
    Thanks for the warning, unfortunately, I have no choice. I may instead opt for only 3 pulled but the dentist says I'll be beggin to pull the other 4 within a month. EEK !
    Well, anyway, thanks for sharing. I'll be sure to use my own antibiotic herbal tinctures during the healing process.
    Cheers ! Glad you made a recovery eventually ! Gosh, how scary.....

I had no choice either but just make sure you take all antibiotics that are prescribed. I had all mine pulled within a short time too and it's probably best but it's a huge risk also. Good luck, and I mean that.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I had a cleaning appt at my dentist on March 12 which they cancelled and were only taking emergencies. They rescheduled me for April 30 but cancelled that one too and said they would call me. Heck by the time they get me in it'll be time for my next appt.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I was looking for a good probiotic supplement today when I ran across Kefir. Has anyone here grown water kefir, or milk kefir? If so, is it worth trying out?
    I've never made kefir, but you've inspired me to start. Just ordered some water kefir grains. I'll make a quart a day to replace the water I use in my smoothie. Between this and the yogurt I make from raw organic milk that also goes in the smoothie, I will soon have the healthiest gut biome in the world.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    That is EXACTY what the tray of instruments looked like when I had all my teeth pulled and my gums shaved. Ugh..

I just woke up. I am wheezing pretty badly and my lungs hurt so bad. Of COURSE the people supposed to do my lung X ray have not called yet this morning. I will call in a half hour, once I am awake. If they can't do it today I am gonna go to an ER somewhere.

I kinda feel like.... You know those patients that you look at (psych or something else) and they are just kinda circling the drain? That's sorta how I feel although some Albuterol is helping mightily. My o2 sats are 98 and I don't have fever so probably it's okay. I just FEEL like that. Thank God for albuterol and those pills that numb your lungs, man.

They should have called this morning really. That's okay I can call them.

But it's okay for me to wait cuz if they called and RIGHT NOW said come in, well it would be somewhat hard to do. I mean I would but it would be hard.

I think I definitely need a chest X-ray it's not good in there. Ugh.

Otherwise, IDK.

Anna

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I had a cleaning appt at my dentist on March 12 which they cancelled and were only taking emergencies. They rescheduled me for April 30 but cancelled that one too and said they would call me. Heck by the time they get me in it'll be time for my next appt.
    I'm in a similar boat. I had an appointment for a checkup and cleaning for April 24 and had already decided to cancel it when the office beat me to it. I've decided to put both off till October so I can stay on schedule. For much of my life I didn't both with preventive dentistry, so going a year between visits doesn't faze me much.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    I've never made kefir, but you've inspired me to start. Just ordered some water kefir grains. I'll make a quart a day to replace the water I use in my smoothie. Between this and the yogurt I make from raw organic milk that also goes in the smoothie, I will soon have the healthiest gut biome in the world.
    Kefir buddies :)

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    Where did you order from?

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    Amazon. I did a small amount of research and settled on this.

The tricky part for me will be finding someplace warm enough for the fermenting. Especially during the winter.
    I ordered this one Live Water Kefir Grains
    During the winter I plan on brewing milk Kefir, but storing water Kefir grains by dehydrating and freezing them.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Holy ghost! Well, I got my stuff scheduled. I think I just realized I scheduled 2 appts at the same time Friday though ,which reminds me tomorrow I need to contact HR and pin them down on dates, as well as like, call my STD company and hassle them again.

I am super frazzled I wish I felt better.

Anyway I called my PCPs little office park and FINALLY after a LOT of transferring I talked to the manager and was like, "FIX THIS." So I got called and scheduled for 2:30. Humph.

THEN I got a call from the exact same chick. I kept saying, "Uh, you JUST scheduled me." She kept saying it was Bisbee or something or other, and I was like, "Unless a female works in Bisbee who like, has your name and sounds like you, then no." She was about to schedule me, at 12:45 and I was like, "What are you going to do about the 2:30 thing, I don't want to get charged for not showing up. Then she was like , "Oooh I should check the other side" (whatever that means) and she had indeed scheduled me then. She told me I could "keep" that appointment and I was like, "That should be lovely." She was like, "Do you want to schedule your f/u with Dr. Spur and I was like, "Fine." She was like, "How about Tuesday then?" and I was like "R U HIGH I don't believe it will take until Tuesday to get my X-ray read and if little Dr. Spur finds my lab work concerning after THAT well he can call me next week. She was like, "Okay how about Friday.'

Then she called me AGAIN and I was really super tired and annoyed by that point but like I was like "Now what." She was like "Do you want a repeat COVID test, Dr. Spur mentioned it. I was like, "Well I guess Dr. Spur is a poor listener then because I told him in no uncertain terms I did not want to pay for repeat testing that was 99% likely to come back negative. If you have an antigen test, I will do THAT." They don't. I can't believe I have to call again, but I sorta do. I mean... IDK I probably should do it sooner rather than later and oy.

Fuuuhhh:censored:

Calling. LOL.

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Holy ghost! Well, I got my stuff scheduled. I think I just realized I scheduled 2 appts at the same time Friday though ,which reminds me tomorrow I need to contact HR and pin them down on dates, as well as like, call my STD company and hassle them again.

I am super frazzled I wish I felt better.

Anyway I called my PCPs little office park and FINALLY after a LOT of transferring I talked to the manager and was like, "FIX THIS." So I got called and scheduled for 2:30. Humph.

THEN I got a call from the exact same chick. I kept saying, "Uh, you JUST scheduled me." She kept saying it was Bisbee or something or other, and I was like, "Unless a female works in Bisbee who like, has your name and sounds like you, then no." She was about to schedule me, at 12:45 and I was like, "What are you going to do about the 2:30 thing, I don't want to get charged for not showing up. Then she was like , "Oooh I should check the other side" (whatever that means) and she had indeed scheduled me then. She told me I could "keep" that appointment and I was like, "That should be lovely." She was like, "Do you want to schedule your f/u with Dr. Spur and I was like, "Fine." She was like, "How about Tuesday then?" and I was like "R U HIGH I don't believe it will take until Tuesday to get my X-ray read and if little Dr. Spur finds my lab work concerning after THAT well he can call me next week. She was like, "Okay how about Friday.'

Then she called me AGAIN and I was really super tired and annoyed by that point but like I was like "Now what." She was like "Do you want a repeat COVID test, Dr. Spur mentioned it. I was like, "Well I guess Dr. Spur is a poor listener then because I told him in no uncertain terms I did not want to pay for repeat testing that was 99% likely to come back negative. If you have an antigen test, I will do THAT." They don't. I can't believe I have to call again, but I sorta do. I mean... IDK I probably should do it sooner rather than later and oy.

Fuuuhhh:censored:

Calling. LOL.

Anna
    So when is the X-ray ?

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Today at 2:30 and I need to start getting ready shortly, man. Holy goodness, so I got referred for more positions but a lot were like, you don't have veteran's preference so you better be especially awesome. I am applying to some non VA jobs pretty soon though.; So that's good.

Also I wish I knew how long the "hiring manager" takes to figure out interviews and whatnot. I should check and see if they have a community board or something.

I feel better now I am awake. Still coughing a lot more. I think the z-pack is INDEED knocking out the COVID which is FANTASTIC by me, although I still think I have a case of nasty pneumonia. THE FOLLOW up appt is not until Friday but I think I can make it until like Friday on albuterol and lung anesthetic which is actually nice stops me from feeling the lung ache. Friday is fine.

Anna
    My bathroom is so clean I am scared to use it. Heh.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Today at 2:30 and I need to start getting ready shortly, man. Holy goodness, so I got referred for more positions but a lot were like, you don't have veteran's preference so you better be especially awesome. I am applying to some non VA jobs pretty soon though.; So that's good.

Also I wish I knew how long the "hiring manager" takes to figure out interviews and whatnot. I should check and see if they have a community board or something.

I feel better now I am awake. Still coughing a lot more. I think the z-pack is INDEED knocking out the COVID which is FANTASTIC by me, although I still think I have a case of nasty pneumonia. THE FOLLOW up appt is not until Friday but I think I can make it until like Friday on albuterol and lung anesthetic which is actually nice stops me from feeling the lung ache. Friday is fine.

Anna
    My bathroom is so clean I am scared to use it. Heh.
    Glad the x-ray is happening today.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I've been trying so many different flavors, mixes, ect I just realized I haven't even touched my 25 ml of cheesecake that's been steeping for 7 weeks. Going on a cheesecake binge... (just mixing in my tank with SFTs I already have made) Strawberry, lemons(2), oranges(2), kiwi, and of course boysenberry (that I've already tried with cheesecake and love) Finally, a blueberry (pre-made) Not bothering with the pomegranate (that I mentioned before something is wrong with it?)
    Did actually add some vanilla to my croissant, caramel, hazelnut mix... no surprise it was yummy!
    As I vape each fruit/cheesecake tank, I will dump what's left (into the same container) and then vape the "mutt mix" (I do crazy things like that)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I've been trying so many different flavors, mixes, ect I just realized I haven't even touched my 25 ml of cheesecake that's been steeping for 7 weeks. Going on a cheesecake binge... (just mixing in my tank with SFTs I already have made) Strawberry, lemons(2), oranges(2), kiwi, and of course boysenberry (that I've already tried with cheesecake and love) Finally, a blueberry (pre-made) Not bothering with the pomegranate (that I mentioned before something is wrong with it?)
    Did actually add some vanilla to my croissant, caramel, hazelnut mix... no surprise it was yummy!
    As I vape each fruit/cheesecake tank, I will dump what's left (into the same container) and then vape the "mutt mix" (I do crazy things like that)
    Don’t dump anything you don’t like it there.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Don’t dump anything you don’t like it there.
    No worries... it's only a 2ml tank so the "dump" is less than 1 ml. I have already tried each fruit as a SFT and like them all. I do this as a "joke"... half the time it's good and half the time it goes down the drain ;)

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Whelp I went in and got everything done. I do like I always do with healthcare, I ask the techs how rapidly the docs receive results, and they were like, "Your doc will have this within 24 hours, max." So on the way out, I rescheduled my appointment for in 25 hours exactly. Holy crud, one of my Tucson docs was like, a DO so I didn't really think about it, man. But I looked up what DOs DO and it is dangerously close to functional medicine (although yes, anyone can suck from any discipline.) My favorite doc of all TIME was a PA man but EVERYONE loved him and he knew EVERYTHING dude, and when he didn't he would say, "I will look it up and get back to you" and he actually DID it. LOL I told him he was late all the time. He was like, "Yes, that is because doctor's don't get enough time to see their patients, I am NEVER gonna be on time I suggest the 7:30 or the 1 pm appt.

BUT like THIS GUY, perhaps his "whole person" approach is the reason why he has never laid so much as a stethoscope on me ONE TIME. Perhaps he was assessing my "whole person" from a distance. But yeah, I never climbed up on the table one time.

Holy moly I thought my WORK had it bad. I went in there and like just was.....there. I wandered over to some guy who was guarding the door and I was like, "I have run out of masks, do you have one?" He was like, "Oh, you WANT one." I was like, "Meh, I don't much care but I think YOU might want me to have one..." So he brought me one all bare handed and touching the mask part (both sides) so I gave him the stink eye and I was like, "I saw where you went, I will get one myself, but I would like to see that one ripped in two and trashed. It was like chaos in there.

No wonder my doc caught it, I mean... I bet they weren't even washing exam rooms between patients.

Wherever I wind up I am going to have an excellent PCP even if it's a 2 hour drive. I am also gonna demand iron infusions for a few months, I am done with this anemia crap. I am ALWAYS gonna eat liver now mainly because it is good for you and delicious but reversing anemia? I would think with liver, it would take a year .There is NO reason they cannot do that, none whatsoever.

So, that was that. I also picked up my scrips and Albuterol delivery methods have turned into the OLD kind where it's really hard to administer. IDK I have a spacer but they are such a pain in the rear. I used to get these super high tech ones that like sprayed some kind of crazy particulate matter down your throat. Maybe they are running low.

Don't worry @FranC my sister and my mom have been all on me too. I think if I had not gone, like, they would have given the husband money to tackle me and make me go, but it was not necessary. I do try to advocate for myself but for the longest time I was just like, " Meh this is COVID this is what it does, ups and downs and etc..

So that was my outing it was ALMOST exciting.

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Whelp I went in and got everything done. I do like I always do with healthcare, I ask the techs how rapidly the docs receive results, and they were like, "Your doc will have this within 24 hours, max." So on the way out, I rescheduled my appointment for in 25 hours exactly. Holy crud, one of my Tucson docs was like, a DO so I didn't really think about it, man. But I looked up what DOs DO and it is dangerously close to functional medicine (although yes, anyone can suck from any discipline.) My favorite doc of all TIME was a PA man but EVERYONE loved him and he knew EVERYTHING dude, and when he didn't he would say, "I will look it up and get back to you" and he actually DID it. LOL I told him he was late all the time. He was like, "Yes, that is because doctor's don't get enough time to see their patients, I am NEVER gonna be on time I suggest the 7:30 or the 1 pm appt.

BUT like THIS GUY, perhaps his "whole person" approach is the reason why he has never laid so much as a stethoscope on me ONE TIME. Perhaps he was assessing my "whole person" from a distance. But yeah, I never climbed up on the table one time.

Holy moly I thought my WORK had it bad. I went in there and like just was.....there. I wandered over to some guy who was guarding the door and I was like, "I have run out of masks, do you have one?" He was like, "Oh, you WANT one." I was like, "Meh, I don't much care but I think YOU might want me to have one..." So he brought me one all bare handed and touching the mask part (both sides) so I gave him the stink eye and I was like, "I saw where you went, I will get one myself, but I would like to see that one ripped in two and trashed. It was like chaos in there.

No wonder my doc caught it, I mean... I bet they weren't even washing exam rooms between patients.

Wherever I wind up I am going to have an excellent PCP even if it's a 2 hour drive. I am also gonna demand iron infusions for a few months, I am done with this anemia crap. I am ALWAYS gonna eat liver now mainly because it is good for you and delicious but reversing anemia? I would think with liver, it would take a year .There is NO reason they cannot do that, none whatsoever.

So, that was that. I also picked up my scrips and Albuterol delivery methods have turned into the OLD kind where it's really hard to administer. IDK I have a spacer but they are such a pain in the rear. I used to get these super high tech ones that like sprayed some kind of crazy particulate matter down your throat. Maybe they are running low.

Don't worry @FranC my sister and my mom have been all on me too. I think if I had not gone, like, they would have given the husband money to tackle me and make me go, but it was not necessary. I do try to advocate for myself but for the longest time I was just like, " Meh this is COVID this is what it does, ups and downs and etc..

So that was my outing it was ALMOST exciting.

Anna
    Glad you are finally actually doing something!

Users who are viewing this thread