The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dc99

dc99 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    I like TFA but I think the FA was made before it was considered for ecigs. Maybe it was for a drink flavoring or something. Even at .15 it will take over and its just super floral

• Like Like x 6
  2. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I'm pretty sure that I bough a bottle of that but never tried it. I went on a bit of a spree buying new flavors some time ago and never tried half of them. About how much would you recommend in a mix?

• Like Like x 5
  3. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    I think it may be bad when you taste nic more than your flavoring, LOL, to be fair I've just been ADDING nic. I really don't want to smoke today, and also, that's currently my favorite tank.

I kind of don't want to smoke out of SPITE almost for letting stress get to me and then failing miserably, so I'm doing that. The husband was mad because I've been chain vaping (I usually don't most mornings anymore) but I was REALLY trying to avoid smoking because I actually felt ill from the amount of tobacco I inhaled last night. We had words, and I'm a) trying not to let myself believe his unfortunate and hurtful words and b) like, not JOIN him in the tobacco he is outside smoking.

He told me my behavior yesterday when I got home (crying distress) was unacceptable and I didn't care for that, it made me want to (probably unacceptably) punch him Etc.

Anna

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  4. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Tried my 3 cucumber mixes. Think that's it for today. Will post later.

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. hittman

Supporting member
    Don't let him get to you. Stick to your guns and don't be coerced into smoking if you don't want to. My wife still smokes. She has complained before about how much vaping stuff I have and I just brush it off. I just think that my collection is small compared to the pile there would be if you had all the cigarette butts from the last nine years that she's smoked.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Myk

Myk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    If I got any complaints I could always point to my wall of pipes or stash of pipe tobacco.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. dobroeutro

dobroeutro Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2016
    North Carolina
    And now for something completely different... :eek:

Just finished mixing a modified version of "Golden S'Mores" by SessonDrummer over on ELR. Sounds good in my head... :cool:

Golden S'Mores Bars
    Marshmallow (PUR) 6%
    Graham Cracker (CAP) 3%
    White Chocolate Fudge SC (WF) 2%
    Salted Caramel (FW) 1.5%
    Vanilla Shisha (INW) .75%
    Sweetener (TFA) 1%

Guess I'll know in 3 or 4 weeks... :D

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. hittman

Supporting member
    I don't remember who recommended the enthion rda clone from FT a couple weeks ago but thank you. I got it yesterday and got it set up this morning. I'm getting really good flavor from it and it was super easy to build on. I think it will be a good one for testing flavors.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Or, the pile of cigarette packs if they were assembled in one place. 2 PAD is 730 packs a year times the cost of a pack.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. dc99

dc99 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    That and the hadalay are the best flavor RDA's I know of.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Myk

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I always had 200-400 cigarettes on hand and carried a spare 20.
    Someone talking about the dangers of a DNA study. I freely threw around 250,000 DNA samples when I smoked.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Myk

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    On my coffee quest.
    The Cappuccino is getting increased to 4%. There's not much coffee coming through. Considering trying .5% of the Espresso in it.
    The Espresso has toned down. Still bitter espresso. Not much chocolate coming through. May up the chocolate and add some fresh cream. But it could be good as it is for a vape when drinking alcohol.
    INW Tiramisu is good. Just enough coffee. The Catalan Cream makes it dessert-like. It's done.

At 2 weeks the TFA CaraCap and Tiramisu are smelling better but I think they need 3 weeks to pit against the others. They both still have some burning rubber taste. I think the old recommendation must've been don't even bother smelling them for 2 weeks, aging to vape is better a 3-4 weeks.
    Of course the others will win for being a safer vape and not needing as much aging, these are more for targets to better.
    The INW Tiramisu is already there to stand with the TFA. I'm sure between the FA Espresso and FA Cappuccino they can stand against CaraCap, there's no burning rubber to deal with in them.

Others.
    I'm amazed 2% Amber vs 4% FA Pom still has the Amber way in the back. It is the level of "Hmm, what is it?" I wanted. I think I'll vape on it for a while.
    Ace and Queen are not my favorite things even with a little age.
    The Zeus comes today to try the Smokey Amber Plum in. The tester is at 2 weeks and should have enough for priming and a tank full.

• Like Like x 5
  13. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Now,I just know that's sweet.

• Funny Funny x 7
  14. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    No winners on the cucumber mixes but I'm not giving up. One is close. Berry Sorbet is too sweet. Will rework that again. Going to give a baccy one a try.

• Like Like x 4
  15. PJReid

PJReid Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I ordered one of those too, from FT. It will arrive tomorrow - AFTER I GET ON THE PLANE! Oh well, hubby can mail it to me. I am looking forward to trying it out for flavor testing since the Drop isn't good for that. Guess I will sell the Drop as I don't need it. I am leaving all of the gear I don't use here in Virginia so will have a big sale when I come home. :)

• Like Like x 8
  16. PJReid

PJReid Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Maybe I got a bad bottle of flavoring, or maybe it is just me. IDK I will play with it a bit when I get back to mixing but remain skeptical that my taste buds are ever going to get along with FLV Cranberry. LOL

• Like Like x 6
  17. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    It does not taste bad to me. However it has no tartness and no big taste of cranberry. Is a bit too sweet but I guess that could be the gin. IDK. I have a single tester mixed so I'll have a solo taste of it soon.

• Like Like x 6
  18. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    @Skunk! You might want to add Soho on your list of things to get. It's pretty tasty.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Oh,and I got my ECX order a day early. FE Lemon and 10ml plastic bottles in house.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  20. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I put 1% FA Arctic Winter in my Winter Cucumber. What a mistake that was. Completely took over the mix and I had to dump it. I did learn one thing though. It's a much smoother menthol than TFA. I will use it again if I want a menthol touch but by the drops next time.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1