Random DIY mixing and More

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I have an IGO-F but I don't want a dripper. I want more of a tank thing.

I hate dripping but for tasting a new recipe less than .2ml is plenty to see where it's going and tweak it before going to a tank. It's a hassle to pull off the top of the gennie to soak the wick but required with the gennie I've settled on for tasting.
I'm looking at the rope coils that came with the Zeus and thinking these could work in a dripper without a wick to taste on and burn clean before switching flavors.

But I don't know if I can get my IGO-L and W's open any more.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I hate dripping but for tasting a new recipe less than .2ml is plenty to see where it's going and tweak it before going to a tank. It's a hassle to pull off the top of the gennie to soak the wick but required with the gennie I've settled on for tasting.
I'm looking at the rope coils that came with the Zeus and thinking these could work in a dripper without a wick to taste on and burn clean before switching flavors.

But I don't know if I can get my IGO-L and W's open any more.
I use multi wire coil wick free in the Gorge for some testers. It works well to get a general sense of the juice but not too effective if you are looking for the individual notes. Aliens are the ideal coil and but a clapton would suffice. If I want all the notes I just wick the coil, no tails.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I put 1% FA Arctic Winter in my Winter Cucumber. What a mistake that was. Completely took over the mix and I had to dump it. I did learn one thing though. It's a much smoother menthol than TFA. I will use it again if I want a menthol touch but by the drops next time.

It is just menthol. I don't understand how it could be smoother than TFA, but our taste buds are our taste buds. :D I buy menthol crystals now and dissolve as a 20% solution in PG. Works like a charm. The nice thing about making your own solution is that you can tailor it to suit your tastes - go down to a 10% solution, or raise it to a 30% solution for an icy blast!!!!

a1f11b7c75268535d2f97a8e025b85b0.jpg

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
It is just menthol. I don't understand how it could be smoother than TFA, but our taste buds are our taste buds. :D I buy menthol crystals now and dissolve as a 20% solution in PG. Works like a charm. The nice thing about making your own solution is that you can tailor it to suit your tastes - go down to a 10% solution, or raise it to a 30% solution for an icy blast!!!!

a1f11b7c75268535d2f97a8e025b85b0.jpg

Will crystals dilute in VG?

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    So please tell me more about this cause I'm NOT a dripper but I really need an easier way to test flavors. Also a link to it please.

This is the one I bought from someone else's link.

$10.23 Entheon Styled BF RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 316 stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I'm using the drip tip adapter and running my own tip on it. The flavor is as good as any of my rta's. I'll probably get a second one the next time I order from them.

@DaveP, the 306 is an old atomizer. I used those probably 7-8 years ago. I have a couple of the igo L rda's also in storage. I didn't like them that much.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    The plum's flavor is much better in the Zeus. And with the rainbow color it even looks like plum in the tank.
    I can tell there's Amber in it but it's not overpowering the plums. Playing with airflow and drip tips really changes the flavor around, I haven't got to temperature changes yet.
    Amazing how 1% amber vs 2% and 3% of plums stands out but 2% amber is still blending in with 4% pom and 1% Catalan Cream.

I use multi wire coil wick free in the Gorge for some testers. It works well to get a general sense of the juice but not too effective if you are looking for the individual notes. Aliens are the ideal coil and but a clapton would suffice. If I want all the notes I just wick the coil, no tails.

I'll have to see if I can break open an IGO. My W was always a pain. I have stainless claptons, aliens, fused and can make kanthal.
    I considered making a horizontal mesh wick for something.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    This is the one I bought from someone else's link.

$10.23 Entheon Styled BF RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 316 stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I'm using the drip tip adapter and running my own tip on it. The flavor is as good as any of my rta's. I'll probably get a second one the next time I order from them.

@DaveP, the 306 is an old atomizer. I used those probably 7-8 years ago. I have a couple of the igo L rda's also in storage. I didn't like them that much.
    :offtopic: Broke down and ordered the Intake today. I'm so weak...:oops:

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    The plum's flavor is much better in the Zeus. And with the rainbow color it even looks like plum in the tank.
    I can tell there's Amber in it but it's not overpowering the plums. Playing with airflow and drip tips really changes the flavor around, I haven't got to temperature changes yet.
    Amazing how 1% amber vs 2% and 3% of plums stands out but 2% amber is still blending in with 4% pom and 1% Catalan Cream.

I'll have to see if I can break open an IGO. My W was always a pain. I have stainless claptons, aliens, fused and can make kanthal.
    I considered making a horizontal mesh wick for something.
    You should have mentioned you were going to get the zeus. I could have hooked you up. I had two zeus and two themis

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    :offtopic: Broke down and ordered the Intake today. I'm so weak...:oops:

I have 4 modern flavorful tanks, 3 top flow air with new mods. If I was sure my Cylon was going to survive long I'd consider another tank but I think it's going to ride with the TFV4 to its grave and the tank will go into retirement. Unless I start seeing 22mm top flow or FDA threats start I'm probably set for a while.

You should have mentioned you were going to get the zeus. I could have hooked you up. I had two zeus and two themis

I have ... somewhere :lol: I also recently got 2 Themis mesh.
    I was color matching on the Zeus. The Proton I won wasn't liking TC with duals in the Scion II or Themis mesh. It seems to be doing better with the Zeus dual and a single coil after some initial spitting issues.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Unless I start seeing 22mm top flow or FDA threats start I'm probably set for a while.

Well, there's this:

Trump threatened to increase the scope to $450 billion if China started taxing in retaliation and with a trade war now in place, a second wave of products lined up to get a 25 per cent tax hike includes e-cigarettes and vaping products, amongst other electronic devices.

from here:
    Vaping Faces Big Tax Hit In Trump Trade War

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Well, there's this:

Trump threatened to increase the scope to $450 billion if China started taxing in retaliation and with a trade war now in place, a second wave of products lined up to get a 25 per cent tax hike includes e-cigarettes and vaping products, amongst other electronic devices.

from here:

I half expected a call to pay $5 to get my tank out of customs. That along with a 20% off 4th sale is why I got the second Legend earlier than planned.

I never tried the mesh. I have the regular coil one. The themis and zeus are good tanks

This recent flavor chasing is why I got the Themis, hoping with no real coil making it would be fast to rebuild for different flavors. It is easy, but man it's a gob of cotton. That got me liking top flow no leaking.
    The Scion II, Themis and Zeus are all good for flavor. I'm glad I won the Proton that got me looking at new stuff.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Well, there's this:

from here:

From what I read about this the other day, it will affect vendors first - the article didn't even mention people like us who order directly from China. It is unclear when this will go into effect. If it happens immediately and we have to pay a 25% tariff on a vaping product from FT, GB, etc., it will be better to buy domestically until all older stock is sold off. This is definitely something to watch.

PS - I will keep my political views off this lovely thread. :blush:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    So I have an old favorite chocolate cheesecake I named Bittersweet Chocolate Cheesecake. I did indeed used to mix it to be bitter but no more. These days I mix it to be very mildly sweet. I'm thinking to make it with the addition of HA Italian Cream. I don't mind the long haul steeping.If I know it won't be as good as it can be for 8-9 weeks than so be it.

Users who are viewing this thread