Random DIY mixing and More

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I don't remember who recommended the enthion rda clone from FT a couple weeks ago but thank you. I got it yesterday and got it set up this morning. I'm getting really good flavor from it and it was super easy to build on. I think it will be a good one for testing flavors.

I ordered one of those too, from FT. It will arrive tomorrow - AFTER I GET ON THE PLANE! Oh well, hubby can mail it to me. I am looking forward to trying it out for flavor testing since the Drop isn't good for that. Guess I will sell the Drop as I don't need it. I am leaving all of the gear I don't use here in Virginia so will have a big sale when I come home. :)

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I'm happy to say I do not find the FLV Cranberry to be vile. More to follow after I vape a bit more..........

Maybe I got a bad bottle of flavoring, or maybe it is just me. IDK I will play with it a bit when I get back to mixing but remain skeptical that my taste buds are ever going to get along with FLV Cranberry. LOL

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Maybe I got a bad bottle of flavoring, or maybe it is just me. IDK I will play with it a bit when I get back to mixing but remain skeptical that my taste buds are ever going to get along with FLV Cranberry. LOL
    It does not taste bad to me. However it has no tartness and no big taste of cranberry. Is a bit too sweet but I guess that could be the gin. IDK. I have a single tester mixed so I'll have a solo taste of it soon.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I put 1% FA Arctic Winter in my Winter Cucumber. What a mistake that was. Completely took over the mix and I had to dump it. I did learn one thing though. It's a much smoother menthol than TFA. I will use it again if I want a menthol touch but by the drops next time.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I don't remember who recommended the enthion rda clone from FT a couple weeks ago but thank you. I got it yesterday and got it set up this morning. I'm getting really good flavor from it and it was super easy to build on. I think it will be a good one for testing flavors.
    So please tell me more about this cause I'm NOT a dripper but I really need an easier way to test flavors. Also a link to it please.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    On my coffee quest.
    The Cappuccino is getting increased to 4%. There's not much coffee coming through. Considering trying .5% of the Espresso in it.
    The Espresso has toned down. Still bitter espresso. Not much chocolate coming through. May up the chocolate and add some fresh cream. But it could be good as it is for a vape when drinking alcohol.
    INW Tiramisu is good. Just enough coffee. The Catalan Cream makes it dessert-like. It's done.

At 2 weeks the TFA CaraCap and Tiramisu are smelling better but I think they need 3 weeks to pit against the others. They both still have some burning rubber taste. I think the old recommendation must've been don't even bother smelling them for 2 weeks, aging to vape is better a 3-4 weeks.
    Of course the others will win for being a safer vape and not needing as much aging, these are more for targets to better.
    The INW Tiramisu is already there to stand with the TFA. I'm sure between the FA Espresso and FA Cappuccino they can stand against CaraCap, there's no burning rubber to deal with in them.

Others.
    I'm amazed 2% Amber vs 4% FA Pom still has the Amber way in the back. It is the level of "Hmm, what is it?" I wanted. I think I'll vape on it for a while.
    Ace and Queen are not my favorite things even with a little age.
    The Zeus comes today to try the Smokey Amber Plum in. The tester is at 2 weeks and should have enough for priming and a tank full.
    What's the sweetness level of your 2% Amber with 4% FA Pom?

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    What's the sweetness level of your 2% Amber with 4% FA Pom?

I'm not really a sweet taster, but I'm going to guess sweet to you. But then again I don't get sour from it.
    It also has 1% Catalan Cream in it.

I'm dripping on a gennie wick. Things can change once in a tank. That's why I've already dubbed the Zeus for the plum, it got muted in a Subtank.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    So please tell me more about this cause I'm NOT a dripper but I really need an easier way to test flavors. Also a link to it please.

The best atomizer will always be the one you you use every day, but there are some choices for testing atomizers. One is a 306. It's a short atty with a cap that pulls off to clean the mesh bridge. You can drip into the mouth piece to wet the mesh when you test a flavor. When it's new you will sense a metal taste, but that goes away with use. Cleaning is a hot water rinse and the mesh dries quickly.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm not really a sweet taster, but I'm going to guess sweet to you. But then again I don't get sour from it.
    It also has 1% Catalan Cream in it.

I'm dripping on a gennie wick. Things can change once in a tank. That's why I've already dubbed the Zeus for the plum, it got muted in a Subtank.
    Taken under advisement.:)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I always had 200-400 cigarettes on hand and carried a spare 20.
    Someone talking about the dangers of a DNA study. I freely threw around 250,000 DNA samples when I smoked.

TV Cops used to pick up butts from a suspect to get a DNA sample. I wonder how they do it now that so many people quit?

Reactions: FranC

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The best atomizer will always be the one you you use every day, but there are some choices for testing atomizers. One is a 306. It's a short atty with a cap that pulls off to clean the mesh bridge. You can drip into the mouth piece to wet the mesh when you test a flavor. When it's new you will sense a metal taste, but that goes away with use. Cleaning is a hot water rinse and the mesh dries quickly.

LOL. I have one of those somewhere.Probably never find it.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I put 1% FA Arctic Winter in my Winter Cucumber. What a mistake that was. Completely took over the mix and I had to dump it. I did learn one thing though. It's a much smoother menthol than TFA. I will use it again if I want a menthol touch but by the drops next time.

My Cool Hand Cuke has .33% each menthol and koolada. It has 3% wintergreen but I get no mint coolness from that alone or it would've been much lower.
    This recipe has worn thin on me, but it used to be an ADV. That's why I liked the ideas of other things to put with cukes from Letitia.

I only go 1% menthol when it's a mint centered recipe. For mentholated fruit I keep my menthol mix at 1% total (generally peppermint, menthol, koolada at .33% each) or it does take over.

I've never done a side by side but I get no difference between TFA and FA menthol. I switched because of price and didn't change anything in my existing recipes.

Steal your drip tip?

That's where I was going. Plenty of lip left on them especially if metal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread