The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    @ceeceeisme Flavor review on Reddit says the Pink Panther is very sweet............??

• Like Like x 2
  2. Myk

Myk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    If I wouldn't have had problems with my DoubleMint being weak on the Themis when it's been knockout menthol since gennies I'd be questioning how strong the Andies Candies was to be as good as it is on a Subtank. (DoubleMint on Themis is better now, it just needed a few tanks to get the wick good and soaked with menthol.)

I figure now that I have different classes of tanks I'll probably have my Subtanks for my menthol flavors since they seem to do good with them. Then use the modern tanks for everything else and do final tweaks to the tanks. I just don't want to get locked into remembering which flavors go with specific tanks.

The plum difference makes me wonder if my old recipes will need tweaked down.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  3. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I like the egoOne tanks. I have the minis up to the 4ml. The minis and 2ml are my favorites and I use them 98% of the time so I basically use the same tank all the time. Once in awhile I'll get out a subtank or one of the many others.............

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I do use 2 carto tanks also but those have had the same flavors in them for bout 7 years.

• Like Like x 4
  5. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm gonna haul out a few more mixes to try. 3 of them are tobacco blends that haven't steeped enough but it's not like I'm gonna vape the whole bottle

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. DavidOck

DavidOck ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Likewise, although for me it's KF2s and Skylines. And he way I have my Skylines set they're essentially KF2s :lol:

So, no, don't tweak, but I can sure see the need for it for different vaping styles.

And they haven't gone stale?? :shock:

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Silly person:lol:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  8. NolaMel

NolaMel ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I can’t wait to get home tomorrow and check what’s steeping. I think all but two are testable. If not, basil and persimmon came while I was gone. I can mix with those. And tweak the flavors I brought with me to try. Blind faith, only brought testers for a weeks vacation. No total duds, a couple I like. All in all, win/win :D

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    It's easier to tweak for your taste and not a bunch of different hardware set-ups.Well,it's not that easy to tweak for my tastes.Not with all these new flavors anyway. Trying to vape stuff that's way out of my flavor profile ain't helping much either. I'll settle back into my comfy place soon enough.

• Like Like x 4
  10. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Win's are always good.:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. PJReid

PJReid Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I wasn't clear - the article I read said it would American vendors who obviously buy from China first. IDK how it all works. At any rate, the time to buy is now, unless US vendors use it as an excuse to charge more for old stock and some will. I guess we will just have to wait and see on this one.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Myk

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Basically before if I couldn't get something tasting good on a Subtank/TFV4 I either gave up (apple before I tried Inawera) or it was for dripping/squonking (watermelon).
    The odd thing is I was able to use watermelon in a Protank, although it was weak, I guess everything was back then.

But hardware can make a big taste difference.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Well I ordered an RDA that I'm not sure I'm going to get the hang of but it was cheap. Really nothing I need other than flavors and those should be safe.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm sure hardware can make a difference for the good or not so good but I'm stuck in my ways and happy there.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  15. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    That being said I do on occasion haul out a subtank or another of the many tanks I've acquired here and there.

• Like Like x 3
  16. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I’ve noticed differences not only from tank to tank but also with different mods. Some have different ways of firing and I think some fire smoother than others.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm sure it all makes a difference but I'll be darned if I'm going to make a list of what flavor goes in what tank and on what pv. Just not happening. I'm lazy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. dobroeutro

dobroeutro Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2016
    North Carolina
    Did a re-mix of my Dark Berry Cheesecake to include some Italian Cream (Hangsen) and felt it came through nicely in much less time than that. I do mix everything with a Badger mixer & maybe a little higher flavor percentage than some. So YMMV... :cool:

Dark Berry Cheesecake
    New York Cheesecake (PUR) 4%
    Blueberry Extra (TFA) 3.25%
    Cheesecake Graham (PUR) 2%
    Boysenberry Preserves (PUR) 1.75%
    Italian Cream (Hangsen) 1.5%
    Biscuit (INW) 1%
    Sweetener (TFA) 1% (Optional or to taste)

Chocolate cheesecake sounds good. Guess that's up for tomorrow... :D

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  19. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Well,thank you:) Finally one up my alley.:lol:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Myk

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Especially in TC. Another reason for the 2nd Legend was how trouble free it's been with mesh in TC. Proton just wouldn't. Cylon would but was hard to get set. And I believe those who say the Legend is weak with their TC builds.

:lol: I don't really want to get into needing to remember what goes where. I can't even remember what's in what when I have a bunch of the same thing.

• Like Like x 4