Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm sure hardware can make a difference for the good or not so good but I'm stuck in my ways and happy there.
    That being said I do on occasion haul out a subtank or another of the many tanks I've acquired here and there.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I’ve noticed differences not only from tank to tank but also with different mods. Some have different ways of firing and I think some fire smoother than others.
    I'm sure it all makes a difference but I'll be darned if I'm going to make a list of what flavor goes in what tank and on what pv. Just not happening. I'm lazy.

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2016
    North Carolina
    So I have an old favorite chocolate cheesecake I named Bittersweet Chocolate Cheesecake. I did indeed used to mix it to be bitter but no more. These days I mix it to be very mildly sweet. I'm thinking to make it with the addition of HA Italian Cream. I don't mind the long haul steeping.If I know it won't be as good as it can be for 8-9 weeks than so be it.

Did a re-mix of my Dark Berry Cheesecake to include some Italian Cream (Hangsen) and felt it came through nicely in much less time than that. I do mix everything with a Badger mixer & maybe a little higher flavor percentage than some. So YMMV... :cool:

Dark Berry Cheesecake
    New York Cheesecake (PUR) 4%
    Blueberry Extra (TFA) 3.25%
    Cheesecake Graham (PUR) 2%
    Boysenberry Preserves (PUR) 1.75%
    Italian Cream (Hangsen) 1.5%
    Biscuit (INW) 1%
    Sweetener (TFA) 1% (Optional or to taste)

Chocolate cheesecake sounds good. Guess that's up for tomorrow... :D

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Did a re-mix of my Dark Berry Cheesecake to include some Italian Cream (Hangsen) and felt it came through nicely in much less time than that. I do mix everything with a Badger mixer & maybe a little higher flavor percentage than some. So YMMV... :cool:

Dark Berry Cheesecake
    Biscuit (INW) 1%

Well,thank you:) Finally one up my alley.:lol:

Reactions: dobroeutro

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I’ve noticed differences not only from tank to tank but also with different mods. Some have different ways of firing and I think some fire smoother than others.

Especially in TC. Another reason for the 2nd Legend was how trouble free it's been with mesh in TC. Proton just wouldn't. Cylon would but was hard to get set. And I believe those who say the Legend is weak with their TC builds.

I'm sure it all makes a difference but I'll be darned if I'm going to make a list of what flavor goes in what tank and on what pv. Just not happening. I'm lazy.

:lol: I don't really want to get into needing to remember what goes where. I can't even remember what's in what when I have a bunch of the same thing.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Basically before if I couldn't get something tasting good on a Subtank/TFV4 I either gave up (apple before I tried Inawera) or it was for dripping/squonking (watermelon).
    The odd thing is I was able to use watermelon in a Protank, although it was weak, I guess everything was back then.

But hardware can make a big taste difference.
    I mixed-up 4 bases, one for Meg and 3 for me. I do mix differently for dripping, lower watts and higher watts. If a flavor is too strong at higher watts/lower ohms I can just add some of my dripping base or high watt base to it. Before the bases I would just pull a few mls off and add vg.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I don't remember who recommended the enthion rda clone from FT a couple weeks ago but thank you. I got it yesterday and got it set up this morning. I'm getting really good flavor from it and it was super easy to build on. I think it will be a good one for testing flavors.

Not sure if that was me or someone else but I love the entheon clone I got from FT. The flavor is fantastic. It has a slightly tighter draw than I usually like but honestly I think the tighter draw along with the chamber shape is what makes the flavor so good.

Glad you’re enjoying it!!

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    They are honestly really close. The Entheon doesnt leak as much. I over drip the hadlay every time

They are honestly really close. The Entheon doesnt leak as much. I over drip the hadlay every time

The Entheon is really an updated improved in Hadaly from what I’ve read in many reviews. Personally I use the Entheon daily. I’ve never had it leak. Yet. Leaking seemed to be the biggest complaint abt the Hadaly.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I mixed-up 4 bases, one for Meg and 3 for me. I do mix differently for dripping, lower watts and higher watts. If a flavor is too strong at higher watts/lower ohms I can just add some of my dripping base or high watt base to it. Before the bases I would just pull a few mls off and add vg.

That's easier than I was thinking.
    I was thinking having to adjust the individual flavors around.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL

Dark Berry Cheesecake
    Biscuit (INW) 1%

Never dawned on me to put biscuit in my cheesecakes. Feel a new recipe tickling my brain.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    That's easier than I was thinking.
    I was thinking having to adjust the individual flavors around.
    I am way too lazy for that. I'm a "whatever I'm in the mood for" kind of vaper. Besides my mixing style isn't what one would call precise.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I am way too lazy for that. I'm a "whatever I'm in the mood for" kind of vaper. Besides my mixing style isn't what one would call precise.

That's why I really didn't want to get locked into These flavors go to that tank.
    Even menthol = Subtanks is limiting since those are only on single battery mods now and I love my menthols. But I'm hoping these new flavorful tanks and successful recipes keep me from falling back into the same 2 menthols for years.

I'm lazy about rebuilding even with easy builds and wicking. I've been switching back and forth between Strawberry Peach and Fuzzy Navel because they take the wick over from each other almost instantly.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I use multi wire coil wick free in the Gorge for some testers. It works well to get a general sense of the juice but not too effective if you are looking for the individual notes. Aliens are the ideal coil and but a clapton would suffice. If I want all the notes I just wick the coil, no tails.

Alien on the IGO-L might beat out the gennie. It doesn't last as long but it probably holds as much, and it works in TC.
    It's way more convenient because I can drip through the huge air hole I made when I turned it in to a bottom feed. Finally gives my RX-200 a purpose in life instead of being the table lighter of mods after Bics were invented.
    Cappuccino tastes closer to being done on it.

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2016
    North Carolina
    Never dawned on me to put biscuit in my cheesecakes. Feel a new recipe tickling my brain.

I really don't get graham from the Cheesecake Graham (PUR). To me, it's more like a buttery traditional crust. Maybe that's just me... ;) It's also on the light side. Biscuit seemed like the perfect way to bring that out a bit more. I may, or may not drop it .25% the next go round... :cool:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    That is way too complicated for me.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I really don't get graham from the Cheesecake Graham (PUR). To me, it's more like a buttery traditional crust. Maybe that's just me... ;) It's also on the light side. Biscuit seemed like the perfect way to bring that out a bit more. I may, or may not drop it .25% the next go round... :cool:
    I don't get Graham from it either. I usually use TFA Graham Cracker Clear

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Not sure if that was me or someone else but I love the entheon clone I got from FT. The flavor is fantastic. It has a slightly tighter draw than I usually like but honestly I think the tighter draw along with the chamber shape is what makes the flavor so good.

Glad you’re enjoying it!!
    Glad I ordered the right one:)

Users who are viewing this thread