Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I would use that 30ml bottle of Italian Cream and just add the other flavors you want to mix in with that. easy peasy(assuming you want a finished product around 30mi-ish.
    :)
    Well gee,that's almost too easy but I'd have to do at least 2 bottles,maybe 3 if I want to try a few mixes with it without the long wait. I only mix in glass but I may have to break out the baggie of new plastic 30ml bottles I've had forever.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Well gee,that's almost too easy but I'd have to do at least 2 bottles,maybe 3 if I want to try a few mixes with it without the long wait. I only mix in glass but I may have to break out the baggie of new plastic 30ml bottles I've had forever.
    you can always split the 30ml down to 3 10ml testers Fran.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there

Then I would try what @NatashaTMT suggested. I would split the already mixed 30 ml IC into 3 10ml
    bottles then add all of the rest of the ingredients plus .02ml of IC. Your pg/vg levels would be for 20ml instead of 30ml.

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Then I would try what @NatashaTMT suggested. I would split the already mixed 30 ml IC into 3 10ml
    bottles then add all of the rest of the ingredients plus 2% of IC. Your pg/vg levels would be for 20ml instead of 30ml.

That confuses me. I like your simple idea better.:):)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    bottles then add all of the rest of the ingredients plus .02ml of IC. Your pg/vg levels would be for 20ml instead of 30ml.

Fran, the math for the additional IC would be based on 20ml bottle since you already have 10 ml of finished ingredient mixed @ 1%

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Fran, the math for the additional IC would be based on 20ml bottle since you already have 10 ml of finished ingredient mixed @ 1%
    I'm just not getting it. I don't have any finished ingredient yet.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I'm just not getting it. I don't have any finished ingredient yet.

I'm a math dummy..........
    So totally disagree with this statement.....

Ok....forgive me but lets walk you through it.

You have a 10 ml of mixed ready to go IC. You want to make 30ml of a recipe and use that 10ml so in order to finish filling that 30ml bottle you would say

30ml bottle minus the 10ml(already in there) =20 ml.

To keep the IC @ 1% in a 30 ml bottle, only add IC to finish mixing to 30ml, so you want to add .02ml of IC along with the rest of your recipe ingredients (for a 30ml mix)to your new recipe.

I know clear as mud, right?

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Ok,thought about it and I kinda get it.BUT I don't have 10 ml mixes of the cream,I did 30ml mixes. I also don't really want to make 20ml recipes,would prefer 30ml.
    See above post.....You are not making 20 ml finished product. When finished you will have 30ml bottles with the correct % that you want.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    So totally disagree with this statement.....

Ok....forgive me but lets walk you through it.

You have a 10 ml of mixed ready to go IC. You want to make 30ml of a recipe and use that 10ml so in order to finish filling that 30ml bottle you would say

30ml bottle minus the 10ml(already in there) =20 ml.

To keep the IC @ 1% in a 30 ml bottle, only add IC to finish mixing to 30ml, so you want to add .02ml of IC along with the rest of your recipe ingredients to your new recipe.

I know clear as mud, right?
    OK that makes sense now but wouldn't it be easier just to add flavor to a ready 30ml of the cream?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    OK that makes sense now but wouldn't it be easier just to add flavor to a ready 30ml of the cream?
    Yes, but you were saying you wanted to use it in more than 1 recipe. If you split the IC between bottles then you have enough to do that.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yes, but you were saying you wanted to use it in more than 1 recipe. If you split between bottles then you have enough to do that.

Good point.My 2 30ml bottles would do 6 mixes. Finally got that though my head...........

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    After all this trouble it will be a real PITA if I don't like the cream.......LOL.
    Here is to hoping that 'seed' steeping really works.

(seed steeping is when you have an ingredient already matured, and add something to it. It is said to speed up aging the new ingredients)..YMMV
    LOL

Users who are viewing this thread