Random DIY mixing and More

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Morning, all. Looks to be another nice day here, and then they turn the thermostat back up :(

All this concrete install and demo... ;)

1857152.gif

Reactions: CMD-Ky

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I would love to try liquor flavors (run, bourbon, ect) but I don't get vodka (good vodka has very little flavor...that's what makes it good) If it seems bland, maybe try a rum flavor next time.
    I am very interested in grapefruit (in real life and vape flavor)
    My Vodka mixes aren’t bland

Reactions: Blitzdonlife

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    So I made my butter pecan pie recipe. The pecan is sort of floral. Not sure why a nut would be floral. It smelled floral. But it’s vapeable since the pecan is a small part of the recipe. I think next time I need to add more nuttiness from other nut flavors.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    So I made my butter pecan pie recipe. The pecan is sort of floral. Not sure why a nut would be floral. It smelled floral. But it’s vapeable since the pecan is a small part of the recipe. I think next time I need to add more nuttiness from other nut flavors.
    I fav is hazelnut

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    This is what I have for SFTs (solo):
    (FA) Mango (Indian special) 2-3 %
    (WF) Island mango up to 4 %
    Hope that helps... maybe cut them both in half for the mix?
    Thanks for looking. I generally go by reddit and ecx

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I bought one and am not super happy with the flavor I’m getting

This is what I was scared of. I don't like the sound of it. Still gonna wait.

Man good morning I am feeling some relief. Husband gonna take over the heavy lifting for now. THANK GOD. He is still asleep. Our house should go on MLS today. I hope.

I plan to deal with my atomizers they are disgraceful (and my mods) having been in "Finish house" mode etc. I am also I SWEAR gonna set up another Precisio RTA. Can't have too many!! LOL.

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

Man good morning I am feeling some relief. Husband gonna take over the heavy lifting for now. THANK GOD. He is still asleep. Our house should go on MLS today. I hope.

I plan to deal with my atomizers they are disgraceful (and my mods) having been in "Finish house" mode etc. I am also I SWEAR gonna set up another Precisio RTA. Can't have too many!! LOL.

Anna
    You have plans on leaving soon?

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I'll be fine. I have a phobia of hospitals, dentists, medical care in general. Break out in cold sweats, shaking, intense fear, walking through the door, even if it's just to visit someone. I know it's irrational, so I'll go to an ER if I have to, but I avoid healthcare whenever possible. It's not the doctors, nurses, not people, it's a result of something traumatic many years ago. Doesn't matter though, I'm still going.

24 teeth at once, you're tough as granite. Mad props woman.

I have a problem going to the dentist. I had to have a couple of teeth pulled a few years ago and the guy figured out I was nervous about it. He gave me a prescription for Valium. I took one in the morning and another an hour before my appointment. It really helped. Maybe you could ask.

One tooth wouldn't go numb, that happens sometimes. I told him no chance and he gave me another shot. Extra large shot I guess. A little while later I said that's better I can't feel anything now, you can go ahead. He laughed and said we're all done. I did have to sit in the waiting room for an hour before I felt OK to drive home.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I got a new mixer yesterday, recommended by someone here. I had a small one that was just the job for 15 and 30ml bottles. This one is a bit larger and works for 60 and 125ml bottles.

Last night I mixed some base. I do that in 250ml plastic bottles, the ones I used to get nic in. Dark brown opaque plastic. I always just spent a bunch of time shaking them. So I gave them a quick shake then hit them with the mixer. Looked in the bottle after I finished mixing and it looked like milk in there. Bit of a shocker really. Guess it was some optical effect from the dark brown plastic. They are clear again this morning. I think using the mixer probably does more than multiple long shaking sessions. Should be the same when I get to mixing 100ml batches of juice. I'm happy.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

Anna

Even with the airflow controls fully open, it’s a really warm vapor and if I chain vape then I’m getting spit back. I’m going to start over with a coil of my own.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    This is our plan for now. IDK exactly when we will leave but soon. Probably by the 10-11 of August, if we can swing it. My mother, who is lovely and helpful in some ways, does not understand our situation. She wants us to rent a moving truck because it is cheaper.

We want to fill and rent a shipping container for a couple of months, load it and have them ship it and store it somewhere. This is because driving a large truck across country SUCKS, and we are kind of in a situation where we don't know what we will do yet. Ted found some really cheap (and frightening) homes for rent but frightening doesn't scare me that much. The thing is, we are far more likely to get the kind of lease we need of Craigslist and/or scary down by the river listings, but you can't do craigslist EXCEPT in person, because there are many scams. So we are gonna drive, let the stuff be somewhere (I have no idea what I am gonna do with my nic, gotta figure that out.

Worst case we look a short term cabin/vacation rental (it's going to be too far from my work, that kind of rental I think though) and/or RV and campsite with enough amenities I don't HAVE to deal with a composting toilet etc.

So that is the deal. I guess. I will have to talk to my mom about it soon. Probably today. Maybe she can pay for the cheapest moving option and we like, deal with the rest of it SOMEHOW.

Once we get an offer on our house, we can make a contingent offer (it means, I buy if my house sells) but like, IDK those can be dicey.

But regardless I don' think we will need more than 4-5 months renting.

So we are gonna go. I think the husband is correct that like, well, we HAVE to do it this way. I consider it ALMOST impossible to deal with renting without seeing.

I hope that all made sense. Right now, I am gonna CHIIIIILLLL.

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Getting frustrated with my coppervape hussar project x. It has such good flavor, but the tolerances are so dang tight I just about threw this thing at the wall. I'll vape the tank I filled and then shelve it.
    Probably a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread