Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yes, 1% WS-23 is too much. I am sorry if I put that into the recipe I gave you. I used .75% in mine and dropping to .5% is certainly enough for a lot of people.
    Looks like I have a few re-mixes to do......no biggie.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I keep telling the hubs how much it saves to DIY... he’s not quite seeing it that way yet :lol:. He does appreciate that if I make my own, I control what goes in which = safer to him.

Well there is the stockpiling for vapocolypse issue. But if you can stop buying long enough the savings become so obvious it wouldn't matter what you spend ever again.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I haven’t bought juice in several months. So, in reality, a little over $100 is a drop in the bucket. That’s 8 years worth of nic. I only had my starter flavors, so I needed to round out my stash to make more complex blends. I love the “if you can stop buying”... that’s an option???? :lol:

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I haven’t bought juice in several months. So, in reality, a little over $100 is a drop in the bucket. That’s 8 years worth of nic. I only had my starter flavors, so I needed to round out my stash to make more complex blends. I love the “if you can stop buying”... that’s an option???? :lol:

I did after I had my recipes rounded out. After I get a few good chocolates going and restocked for vapocolypse I'll probably cut back again.
    Pretty much anything I want and can afford is free game now. The thousands I didn't spend on smoking or vaping in that time can justify any vaping expense.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia

I bought the first bottle of commercial juice in ages just a few days ago. My son claims he wants tobacco and after researching what I could make, I decided a bottle of good quality N.E.T. tobacco juice, if he likes it, would give me a starting point. 30mls was $23!!!! I can make it for pennies once I have the flavors. If he likes this, I am looking to get some Stixx Mixx as I have heard good things about them.

I spent more than usual over the Memorial Day sales since I am branching out, mixing for a few friends, and preparing to start my black market, Dive Bar Juice line. :D I have some flavors I am probably going to PIF - IDK. Maybe trade them if others can use them and have flavors they won't use. We shall see.

I do need to get some more nic in the freezer but have quite a bit and I am hoping for a 4th of July Sale from Carolina Xtracts.

I did single flavor testing on FLV Cranberry and TFA Cranberry last night. I gotta tell you that the FLV tastes like an underripe cranberry dipped in dirt! I am going to let it steep for 10 days or so and test it again. If you want an earthy cranberry with zero sweetness and not much tart, FLV is the cranberry for you. :confused:

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I bought the first bottle of commercial juice in ages just a few days ago. My son claims he wants tobacco and after researching what I could make, I decided a bottle of good quality N.E.T. tobacco juice, if he likes it, would give me a starting point. 30mls was $23!!!! I can make it for pennies once I have the flavors. If he likes this, I am looking to get some Stixx Mixx as I have heard good things about them.

I spent more than usual over the Memorial Day sales since I am branching out, mixing for a few friends, and preparing to start my black market, Dive Bar Juice line. :D I have some flavors I am probably going to PIF - IDK. Maybe trade them if others can use them and have flavors they won't use. We shall see.

I do need to get some more nic in the freezer but have quite a bit and I am hoping for a 4th of July Sale from Carolina Xtracts.

I did single flavor testing on FLV Cranberry and TFA Cranberry last night. I gotta tell you that the FLV tastes like an underripe cranberry dipped in dirt! I am going to let it steep for 10 days or so and test it again. If you want an earthy cranberry with zero sweetness and not much tart, FLV is the cranberry for you. :confused:

Inawera is supposed to make scary real tobacco flavors that even include ashtray mouth.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I’ll have about 30 years of nic in the freezer when this arrives. For current use I cop out and buy base close to my level and mix to hit 3mg. Lazy, but a litre lasts me forever and keeps the stash safe for the future. At my age, that’ll cover me till the nursing home.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans

I want a cranberry, but pass on the dirt part lol. I didn’t see one today that any of the reviews made sound yummy. Let us know how it steeps out

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I want a cranberry, but pass on the dirt part lol. I didn’t see one today that any of the reviews made sound yummy. Let us know how it steeps out

TFA Cranberry is good as a shake & vape. It is mildly sweet and mildly tart. I like it and am happily using it my Sea Breeze and Bay Breeze juices. It is very nice and a WHOLE lot cheaper than FLV! I have read that CAP has a plastic flavor. The general consensus of the big time mixers on Reddit is that TFA is just fine and that FLV steeps out to something nice but will always be a little earthy. Supposedly adding .5% FA Liquid Amber to the FLV "cooks" it and improves the flavor. I am going to try that since FLV is expensive and I have a bottle of Liquid Amber but I still think it will need a steep. I will report back after my lab experiments.

Users who are viewing this thread