Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Anyone still do simple single flavor mixes anymore? I get that complex mixes can yield better flavor, but I tend to create coil killers when I start adding bakery and some candies to a mix. Maybe there's a method to the madness that allows complex flavor without crudding up the coil in a day.
    I have been plain TFA Peppermint for years and my other long time fav is just a 3 flavor mix with BlackBerry,Peppermint and a tad of menthol. I prefer recipes with 3-4 ingredients but sometimes that doesn't work out..

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    03983E3D-81DD-43C2-9A68-9DAAB65BFAB5.png
    Just mixed this but left out TFA Coconut hard candy & subbed FA Mango @ .75% for FLV Mango & it’s good!
    Mango Sticky Rice.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Anyone still do simple single flavor mixes anymore? I get that complex mixes can yield better flavor, but I tend to create coil killers when I start adding bakery and some candies to a mix. Maybe there's a method to the madness that allows complex flavor without crudding up the coil in a day.

Most of mine are 3 or 4 flavors, rarely more than 15% on any mix, no matter how many involved. Don't use candies, though. I suspect many of those have lots of sweetener, which can surely gunk fast!

TheTinMan

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2016
    North Carolina

Ambrosia by Purilum @ 10% First tested at 6% but it was one of the weaker flavors. Really shines @ 10%

Butter Pecan Praline Ice Cream by Purilum @ 5 %

Soho FA @ 10-12% as a SnV

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    @NolaMel
    Mel,at what % would you use VT Love in a recipe? I think I asked that before......maybe.
    Probably did. And I probably forgot to go look :oops:. I used it at 2% as a sub for cream in the Heart of Andes. I didn’t make the recipe mint heavy, and you can definitely taste the creamy white chocolate. As opposed to their regular wc, which I got zero out of. As always, ymmv.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Try some of the recipes that have been listed here on this thread. Let us know if you like cheesecakes, cookies, biscuits, chocolate, etc. Maybe we can post what has already been created. None of the recipes I have mixed from here have gunked any coils and are extremely good.

:)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Probably did. And I probably forgot to go look :oops:. I used it at 2% as a sub for cream in the Heart of Andes. I didn’t make the recipe mint heavy, and you can definitely taste the creamy white chocolate. As opposed to their regular wc, which I got zero out of. As always, ymmv.
    Thank you:)

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    I figure I’ll ask here because it’s an active thread and an easy question. Do y’all put your VG/PG in the freezer also or just the nicotine? I got my liter of nic salts from NR along with a liter of both pg & vg and have my nic in the freezer until I finish up my freebase which will be awhile. Was wondering if the pg/vg needs it too. The freezer doesn’t have much space so unless it really needs it I won’t but wanted to know what you folks do. I got 100mg and when ready I’m gonna mix the liters of pg/vg with the liter of 50/50 salt which will net me 3 liters of 50/50 33mg’s. Perfect for adding flavor and ending up with mid20’s mg . Easy as that and cheap. Should have went with 100mg a long time ago. I won’t need nicotine for a very long time.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    I figure I’ll ask here because it’s an active thread and an easy question. Do y’all put your VG/PG in the freezer also or just the nicotine? I got my liter of nic salts from NR along with a liter of both pg & vg and have my nic in the freezer until I finish up my freebase which will be awhile. Was wondering if the pg/vg needs it too. The freezer doesn’t have much space so unless it really needs it I won’t but wanted to know what you folks do. I got 100mg and when ready I’m gonna mix the liters of pg/vg with the liter of 50/50 salt which will net me 3 liters of 50/50 33mg’s. Perfect for adding flavor and ending up with mid20’s mg . Easy as that and cheap. Should have went with 100mg a long time ago. I won’t need nicotine for a very long time.
    I’ve kept my pg/vg in the fridge for 2 years & just pulled vg out & it’s fine taste the same as when fresh. My nic goes in the freezer.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    My pg is in a kitchen cabinet,never have a problem with it.Vg goes into smaller bottles that fit better in the fridge. If I get a new bottle it goes in the basement where its cool til I can fit it in the frig.

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Ok thanks, I usually keep my supplies in a cool dark place but only have done 1 liter at a time. With 3 liters it was gonna take a long time so I’m going the freezer route with the nic at least. When I run out of freebase I think I’m gonna mix the three liters together and then keep 2 in the freezer and one liter out. Thanks for the responses ladies, much appreciated.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA

Just the nic in the freezer here. PG and VG in a cool dark place.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 13, 2014
    View attachment 791153 Just mixed this but left out TFA Coconut hard candy & subbed FA Mango @ .75% for FLV Mango & it’s good!
    Mango Sticky Rice.

This is the same recipe I mentioned above that I have been mixing. Eliminated TFA Coconut Candy and CAP Super Sweet.

This is a recipe that you may want to do a taste trial vaping a few mls at different steeping intervals to see what you like the best. If you want more of the Sweet Rice taste, S&V or short steep. If you want more of the mango taste, steep longer to let the Sweet Rice fade some. For anyone that likes mango and have not tried FLV, this is the best mango for me.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 13, 2014

On ATF they have some 1 2 3 recipes. They use three flavors and either 1, 2 or 3% flavoring for a total of 6%. Can’t speak to how good they all are as I have only tried a couple of them. DIY Eliquid Recipes: All the Flavors

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    This is the same recipe I mentioned above that I have been mixing. Eliminated TFA Coconut Candy and CAP Super Sweet.

This is a recipe that you may want to do a taste trial vaping a few mls at different steeping intervals to see what you like the best. If you want more of the Sweet Rice taste, S&V or short steep. If you want more of the mango taste, steep longer to let the Sweet Rice fade some. For anyone that likes mango and have not tried FLV, this is the best mango for me.
    I had the FA Mango so I figured I would try it & I’m really enjoying it.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID

Ok thanks, I usually keep my supplies in a cool dark place but only have done 1 liter at a time. With 3 liters it was gonna take a long time so I’m going the freezer route with the nic at least. When I run out of freebase I think I’m gonna mix the three liters together and then keep 2 in the freezer and one liter out. Thanks for the responses ladies, much appreciated.
    I am another, who keeps PG and VG in only a cool dry dark place (the linen closet).

Over three years ago, I bought 3 gallons of VG, and a gallon of PG. I fill a pint bottle of each for my "working" bottle (also kept in the linen closet). I have never refrigerated any of it, Nor have I transferred to smaller containers (other than the working bottles). I have never been able to detect any change. :)

Users who are viewing this thread