Random DIY mixing and More

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
Tomorrow my next little group of sft's will be 7 days steeped so I'll start giving those a first try. There's 8 of them so it will take awhile.

I think you bought the new FLV Tequila and if so I hope it is one of them. For myself, I bet it would be good mixed with a fruit such as FLV Mango or possibly pineapple or coconut even though I know you do not like coconut. I have a pineapple cream or plain pineapple or a combination of both that I may try as well if the Tequila is good.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
What did you order?

Too many flavors I don’t REALLY need lol!! I was supposed to just order concentrates unavailable in the US but as usual I got sucked down the rabbit hole lol!!

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
PJ, shared this link, early in the booze discussions. It is a bit long, and rambling in a lot of places; but it gives a good intro to a lot of the booze concentrates. :)

There was quite a spate of booze posts in this thread a year(ish?) ago. Just do a search for the booze you're interested in (gin, bourbon, whiskey, rum, vodka, etc.), and limit the search to this thread. Keeping your search words lower case, and without brand qualifiers, will return maximum results. :D
View attachment 805181

Thanks for posting the link — I watched it last night. For as long as all their reviews are, I always get at least one good laugh out of them. All three/four of them are so good and I respect what they offer.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I think you bought the new FLV Tequila and if so I hope it is one of them. For myself, I bet it would be good mixed with a fruit such as FLV Mango or possibly pineapple or coconut even though I know you do not like coconut. I have a pineapple cream or plain pineapple or a combination of both that I may try as well if the Tequila is good.
    Yes,one is the FLV tequila and that's the one I will try first in the morning.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The only Mango's I had were Fa Mango and TFA Philippine Mango. Haven't mixed with them anytime lately and guessing they didn't impress me that much. The discussion here prompted me to get the FE Mango and the FLV Mango. I did sft's on both.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I received an email from Chef's also this morning but no shipping info yet.

I looked at my list and I don't have any mango flavors. I'm not sure if I want any or not. I've never tried it. If I was going to order one or two, which would be best? My bcf wishlist is growing and growing.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 13, 2014
    Yes,one is the FLV tequila and that's the one I will try first in the morning.

Thanks so much. I cannot believe I am just about out of FLV Milk & Honey so in addition to this will also hopefully get the Tequila.

The only Mango's I had were Fa Mango and TFA Philippine Mango. Haven't mixed with them anytime lately and guessing they didn't impress me that much. The discussion here prompted me to get the FE Mango and the FLV Mango. I did sft's on both.

It is rare that I buy a 30ml bottle on the first try however for whatever reason I bought 30mls of TFA Philippine Mango not knowing I would not be able to taste it. Gave it to a friend a while ago.

I have FLV Mango as a couple of recipes I mix use it. I like it and never found a reason to try others — YMMV. HIC's review on FA Mango did not sway me to buy it. I do not have FE Mango and am curious on this.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I received an email from Chef's also this morning but no shipping info yet.

I looked at my list and I don't have any mango flavors. I'm not sure if I want any or not. I've never tried it. If I was going to order one or two, which would be best? My bcf wishlist is growing and growing.
    I gather the best is FLR and FE but if you just want to try one I'd go with the FLR as the FE is said to fade.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Thanks so much. I cannot believe I am just about out of FLV Milk & Honey so in addition to this will also hopefully get the Tequila.

It is rare that I buy a 30ml bottle on the first try however for whatever reason I bought 30mls of TFA Philippine Mango not knowing I would not be able to taste it. Gave it to a friend a while ago.

I have FLV Mango as a couple of recipes I mix use it. I like it and never found a reason to try others — YMMV. HIC's review on FA Mango did not sway me to buy it. I do not have FE Mango and am curious on this.
    I'll let you know on the FE Mango. Someone said they liked it a little better than the FLV but it was quick to fade. I have a great dislike for flavor fade ( probably why I don't miss lemon that much). I just mixed the Mango's 2 days ago but may try the FE tomorrow as it's just a single flavor fruit. Then I'll see how long it takes to fade.

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    @FranC, what is the recipe for your cheesecake with mascarpone? I've looked and looked for it but am having no luck.
    I have mixed several cheesecake recipes with Mascarpone?? If you just need the base it would be: Cheesecake Base 2

Cap NY Cheesecake 4%
    Cap Graham Cracker 1 1/2%
    Mascarpone 1% ( I like the cheese and sometimes use a bit more)

Users who are viewing this thread