Not open for further replies.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
How about a Viking funeral pyre, pushed out on a burning canoe into the middle of a lake? (Mummy-wrapped in rayon, of course [emoji5])

(The neighbors at our camp on Cross Lake are pretty cool, might be up for giving mee that kind of sendoff :) )

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Dead Rabbit SQ arrived today. An easy build, very solid flavor. I'm running a twisted 26 kanthal, 2mm ID, 0.4 ohm coil, on the HV Squeezer - an excellent workhorse setup.

(The rda is off the mod because I use a 510 extender, normally have a lanyard around the extender.)
7d0852bddee118f95fb6eb204da2de36.jpg

I did one last Squeezer tweak. I prefer a short fire button throw, added a little plastic shim between the fire button plate and the positive contact.

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
That removable bottom plate is nice, the lack of that feature is why I ignored verticals previously.

The DR SQ continues to perform well, a keeper. Once again, rayon wick FTW!

Last edited:

SteamHead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
Tampa, FL, USA
Holy crap I can't believe this thread is still going!

Is Cellucotton still the best option? I'm the guy that found it, back when people were still pulling it out of med bottles, lol.

Rayon wick, better flow, flavor, saturation and Nic Hit!

FWIW, I'm still on the same box from almost four years ago, despite rebuilding mine and my wife's ecigs that entire time, plus giving out gobs of it to friends! In fact, it's still over halfway full! :shock::headbang::vapor:

osso1

Apr 7, 2013
Augusta,GA
Holy crap I can't believe this thread is still going!

Is Cellucotton still the best option? I'm the guy that found it, back when people were still pulling it out of med bottles, lol.

Rayon wick, better flow, flavor, saturation and Nic Hit!

FWIW, I'm still on the same box from almost four years ago, despite rebuilding mine and my wife's ecigs that entire time, plus giving out gobs of it to friends! In fact, it's still over halfway full! :shock::headbang::vapor:
Wow I have been using Rayon for around 4 Years too
Been following this thread for that long too
My box of Rayon is going to last me another 10 years Best Deal Ever..
Rayon is all I use
Keep this thread going

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Can't wick it better... Or cheaper. LOL. On the advice of this thread I reduced my "stuffing" in the coil, and I've got this one wick that is really over a week old, and it's one of my favorite setups so I use it all da time.

Everyone should own a bit of rayon to try, just to see how awesome it is. Man, I'd send out a "care package" for anyone who wants.... It costs me an envelope and a stamp. :)

Anna

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
On the advice of this thread I reduced my "stuffing" in the coil

Likewise, I did that same a little at a time over the course of a few months. With each wicking I pulled minutely less and less into the coil until I noticed a marked decrease in wick longevity, wetness of the vapor(increase in dry-ish hits), reduction in vapor production or reduction in flavor. Interestingly all four of those symptoms of under wicking happened at or near the same level of under wicking. Not only that but at some point of under wicking the rayon taste may never go away. Guess where that point is? Yep, when it stops squeaking!
Next I began increasing the amount of wicking until the symptoms went away and then continued wicking heavier until those same symptoms began to reappear. Interesting here was that the symptoms of over wicking came on much slower as I wicked heavier.
In the end the experiment proved three things to me:
1. Rayon has a narrower window of acceptable wicking density than my experience with cotton.
2. It is better to be leaning towards over wicking than under wicking with Rayon. By doing this it gives me a wider window of acceptable wick density so I have a better chance of having a good vape, even if not spot on.
3. The most important:
"If it ain't Squeak'n it ain't Peak'n"!
-Cig

Last edited:

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I’m sure this has been asked and answered multiple times in this thread but I’m too lazy to read all of it[emoji4]
I want to confirm that less is more when it comes to rayon wicks. I was under the impression that the rayon needed to fit the coil so tightly that it almost bends/distorts the coil during wick installation. Is this incorrect? Or is the less is more idea only true for the tails of the rayon wick?
I have to change my rayon once a week for one of my super sweet juices and I know I should probably be getting more life out of the wick (or is that just the nature of sweet juice?)
Thank you kindly!

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
I’m sure this has been asked and answered multiple times in this thread but I’m too lazy to read all of it[emoji4]
I want to confirm that less is more when it comes to rayon wicks. I was under the impression that the rayon needed to fit the coil so tightly that it almost bends/distorts the coil during wick installation. Is this incorrect? Or is the less is more idea only true for the tails of the rayon wick?
I have to change my rayon once a week for one of my super sweet juices and I know I should probably be getting more life out of the wick (or is that just the nature of sweet juice?)
Thank you kindly!
I'm pretty new to the rayon wick. My understanding is that you want the rayon to be tight in the coil, but really thin the tails. That has worked for me so far.

I'm sure a true Rayonati will speak up as well...

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I'm pretty new to the rayon wick. My understanding is that you want the rayon to be tight in the coil, but really thin the tails. That has worked for me so far.

I'm sure a true Rayonati will speak up as well...

But still, thanks for your input![emoji4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread