Rayon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
I just did my first successful build using rayon on my dead rabbit rta.
Took me ages over a couple of months to understand the principles of using rayon but yes I really like it.
I was going to give up trying but I thought yep I'm going to do this and perseverance paid off.
It seems to be a cooler, cleaner flavoured vape, I'm so glad I got it right eventually

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Congratulations! That was not my rayon experience it just started working right out of the gate.

I can't say for SURE if I prefer it to cotton taste wise because it's hard to vape frantically as your mod is leaking out of the airholes at speed,. You sort of are not at your best "flavor evaluation" point. So yeah, I guess I'd say it tastes cleaner. So glad someone mentioned it.

If you would like to receive much more congratulations and attention for your efforts you could post here:

Rayon Wick - Better Flow, Flavor, Longevity, and Nic Hit!! - Pt.2

Congrats!
Anna

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
Yeah there is a slightly unusual taste at first, its not unpleasant but different, the problem I had was getting my head round the fact that rayon needs to be tighter in the coil than cotton and making sure the tails are cut perfectly, I can chain vape with the best of em using my rabbit, I will continue to evaluate it ,I think at first I made a mistake trying to use it for my mesh profile, I think I'll just use my favourite cotton for my mesh builds but I'll maybe start using rayon on my coil rtas, ive done about 30ml juice through the rabbit and its behaving itself, now to see how long it lasts before needing a change

RuiG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2019
Portugal
Yeah there is a slightly unusual taste at first, its not unpleasant but different, the problem I had was getting my head round the fact that rayon needs to be tighter in the coil than cotton and making sure the tails are cut perfectly, I can chain vape with the best of em using my rabbit, I will continue to evaluate it ,I think at first I made a mistake trying to use it for my mesh profile, I think I'll just use my favourite cotton for my mesh builds but I'll maybe start using rayon on my coil rtas, ive done about 30ml juice through the rabbit and its behaving itself, now to see how long it lasts before needing a change

Congrats on the success!!!

I actually didn't almost change my technique when moved to rayon. If I'm honest, if I now had to wick with coton I am certain that I wouldn't make anything much different.

For the break-in, after the wicks are wet, i drip some liquid on them, before assembly, and just fire/blow some liquid off for a bit. No rayon flavour afterwards.

I don't care more about tail lenght, about fluffing, etc. It just worked and I never cared about certain specific techniques for certain atomizers... I just go for it adjusting my normal way of doing things when needed.

If I can say one thing that makes a difference is the tightness inside the coil. That is the one thing making a difference to cotton.

Right now I have rayon in dead rabbit rta, gear rta, doggystyles, kf lite 2019, dvarw dl, wasp nano rda and hussar v1 rda. All working flawlessly.

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
@lupinehorror
I'm ok for rayon, actually I've got loads and I put some in your package, check mine out for me please and tell me if it's the proper stuff, if you think it's dodgy then please do post some of yours, thanks,I did research it and I'm sure I got the right stuff, cellucotton rayon in a blue box

Last edited:

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
@lupinehorror
I'm ok for rayon, actually I've got loads and I put some in your package, check mine out for me please and tell me if it's the proper stuff, if you think it's dodgy then please do post some of yours, thanks,I did research it and I'm sure I got the right stuff, cellucotton rayon in a blue box
will be getting it Saturday at the latest. got a 40 ft box for someone recently and that was blue. sure you got the good stuff

Reactions: Marper

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Yup rayon cures all, I hear you can also use it for like perms or something, not that I would waste my rayon in that way.

One of ddeese days I am going to order the big box.
Anna
Sally's Beauty Supply has the big box of rayon for $15ish. From what I understand hair stylists use it for doing perms.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am past the hairstylilst stage. I mean, I live in DOUGLAS AZ. I trim my bangs with a dang set of WIRE cutters (they look great) and ONE of these days my life will be chill enough that I use the damn HENNA to like, dye my hair.

Damn it. I got it out of the package. I am DOING it. It has to sit for 24 hours, and I am going to do that part so I can shove it on my HEAD tomorrow.

I gonna lot HOT.

Anna LOL

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Sally's Beauty Supply has the big box of rayon for $15ish. From what I understand hair stylists use it for doing perms.

With Cotton I had to size the wick for slight drag when I pulled it through the coil. Cotton expands when wet. With Rayon the wick needed to be tight enough that I had to twist it as I pulled it through the coil to prevent bending the coil legs. Rayon shrinks a little once juice is added to wet it. With either Cotton or Rayon you should see a little hump of wick on each side of the coil before you juice it up. That tells you the wick has fully filled the coil.

After years of vaping with Rayon I finished my first 40ft box of Sally's rayon. Starting on the second box now. It's $5.49 at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Graham-Cellucotton-Beauty-Rayon-Regular/dp/B00RONH4NW

510X7N2RejL.jpg

Last edited:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Agreed, I had success with rayon when I quit worrying over the precision of trimming and fluffing the wick tails. I cut them to the length I want, make sure they are straight, tuck them in the well and squonk away.

Congrats on the success!!!

I actually didn't almost change my technique when moved to rayon. If I'm honest, if I now had to wick with coton I am certain that I wouldn't make anything much different.

For the break-in, after the wicks are wet, i drip some liquid on them, before assembly, and just fire/blow some liquid off for a bit. No rayon flavour afterwards.

I don't care more about tail lenght, about fluffing, etc. It just worked and I never cared about certain specific techniques for certain atomizers... I just go for it adjusting my normal way of doing things when needed.

If I can say one thing that makes a difference is the tightness inside the coil. That is the one thing making a difference to cotton.

Right now I have rayon in dead rabbit rta, gear rta, doggystyles, kf lite 2019, dvarw dl, wasp nano rda and hussar v1 rda. All working flawlessly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread