Rebuildable Tank Atomizers - An Anthology, Pictorial, Builds and Reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
A nice look for the Rose

rose.png

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
The Hurricane arrived yesterday...today I had to mail it back to Switzerland for replacement *cry*

The AFC sleeve was really loose and moved around and rattled like crazy. Apparently there are quite a few people, who received theirs this week from the last batch, that are having the exact same issue.

They were easy to deal with though, and are going to refund my cost of shipping it back once it arrives.

Unfortunate considering how excited I was to finally get it in, I had really high expectations for the vape, but the QC let me down on this one. Hopefully writhing 2-3 weeks I'll have a proper one back in my grubby hands and can give it a real go of things [emoji14]

BTW, mailing something internationally is a major PITA. I receive so much from outside the country, but I never really thought about it though. This was my first time mailing something back across the Atlantic, and it wasn't fun :D

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
The Hurricane arrived yesterday...today I had to mail it back to Switzerland for replacement *cry*

The AFC sleeve was really loose and moved around and rattled like crazy. Apparently there are quite a few people, who received theirs this week from the last batch, that are having the exact same issue.

They were easy to deal with though, and are going to refund my cost of shipping it back once it arrives.

Unfortunate considering how excited I was to finally get it in, I had really high expectations for the vape, but the QC let me down on this one. Hopefully writhing 2-3 weeks I'll have a proper one back in my grubby hands and can give it a real go of things [emoji14]

BTW, mailing something internationally is a major PITA. I receive so much from outside the country, but I never really thought about it though. This was my first time mailing something back across the Atlantic, and it wasn't fun :D

sucks :( so much for swiss precision!!

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Well, I think maybe I rushed to judgment a wee bit too quickly in regards to the Le Magister. I do still think the removable deck is a silly idea in practice (in theory, it's nice but unnecessary) but I tightened the heck out of it and for the moment it is no longer spinning when I tighten the atty down on a mod. Got a .55 ohm build (2mm ID, 28g, dual coil) in there and it's vaping nicely. I'm actually using the smallest air hole as well and MTLing it. I usually hate that type of draw but it's working for me. Looks pretty nice on my Poldiac Sleek as well. So I'm enjoying some crow for breakfast (at least for now, if that deck starts spinning again I'm going to hurl this atty at something)

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
Well, I think maybe I rushed to judgment a wee bit too quickly in regards to the Le Magister. I do still think the removable deck is a silly idea in practice (in theory, it's nice but unnecessary) but I tightened the heck out of it and for the moment it is no longer spinning when I tighten the atty down on a mod. Got a .55 ohm build (2mm ID, 28g, dual coil) in there and it's vaping nicely. I'm actually using the smallest air hole as well and MTLing it. I usually hate that type of draw but it's working for me. Looks pretty nice on my Poldiac Sleek as well. So I'm enjoying some crow for breakfast (at least for now, if that deck starts spinning again I'm going to hurl this atty at something)

If you have the origen v2, how would you say it compares?

Reactions: anavidfan

skin_e1

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2014
If you have the origen v2, how would you say it compares?

The Origen V2 has outstanding flavor and with the 6ML tank that is smaller than almost any other 4ML atomizer is icing on the cake :) With that being said the Le Magister has a a little better flavor. I think due to the smaller chamber and the fact that it has dual wicks instead of one single wick going down into the tank. It could be due to the Le Magister being a warmer vape too :) But with either you are going to get great flavor :) If I had to choose one. I would get the Origen MK2 6ML. The options it has far outweigh the difference in flavor. :2c::2c: If you have the funds get both :thumbs:

Sorry a bit late in response.

skin_e1

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2014

That is absolutely not acceptable. Especially since it has all that Swiss Made advertisement comparing it to a Rolex or something. I almost bought one yesterday during my downtime and I had a chance to catch up on this thread and saw your first report. I then googled it and started looking at youtube videos and saw that way back when Todd had some trouble, Damien had reports of bad PMMA and just all kinds of similar types of complaints from more people to instill a lack of confidence on my part for paying top dollar for something That has the Swiss name associated but not the workman ship in many cases. I may look at it again after all the initial batch is sold out. But darn machining issues? What's up with that? I'm wondering if they knew they were messed up and sent them out anyway hoping people wouldn't complain or want to go thru all the trouble to send them back? :eek:They surely had heard the rattle or after the first PMMA tank complaint took a look? I don't agree with Rip Tripper's on much, but I do believe when you pay top dollar you should get an atomizer out of the box with perfect machining, buttery smooth threading and quality that puts a big smile on their customer's face :) I'm not giving totally up on it yet but it moves to the bottom of my list. Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Eventually I got some time to get the Phenom Lite going!
PhenomL.jpg

rubbish pic as usual but liking it so far. Ti on the dicodes. Finding the AF pretty tight even with the momentous base but dont have a regular base to compare, but flavour...my god!! And it is very pretty!! These Greek guys have this RTA thing down!!!

ps. Sorry @qorax but I had to put the regular tank on first! I'll throw the straight PMMA tank on next ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread