Status
Not open for further replies.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
First of all, I despise the term "Tootle Puffer", Sounds like something that inhabits the restroom at a Gay Bar.
I prefer the term "Renaissance Vaper ". 15 Watts, maybe 20 Watts maximum on a single coil.
Looking for Flavor rather than Clouds. Treating vaping like an alternative, not an Olympic Event.
Maybe I am becoming as much a dinosaur as my gear. But I don't think I am alone...
And if I shuffle off into the twilight clinging to my liquid Nic and dinosaur gear, that's OK by me.

Any Renaissance Vapers out there want to talk gear, liquids, vendors, whatever... join in if you like.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I despise the term “renaissance vaper”. It sounds like something that inhabits the back room of a 1960’s coffee house and writes bad poetry.

I suggest the name “tootle puffer” since it is already in use and unlike “renaissance vaper” does not imply some sort of self importance.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I never liked the term tootle puffer either, simply because it sounds strange to me. I prefer MTL … It's not important what we call it just so long as all of us know what it is.

@PapawBrett mentioned 15 to 20 watts..... Seems a bit high to me but since I am a new convert to MTL from sub-ohming then I may be wrong. I have been using around 8 or 9 watts and it suits me fine on the tank I am using. Battery charge lasts a long time too.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    NVM. Found a thread that already serves this purpose ...

Where?

A thread for us middlers is a great idea :thumb:

I'm mtl but like an extra loose draw, which cuts out the majority of mtl tanks. Also like vaping from 15-20 watts.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 18, 2013
    Chicago
    I agree with you Brett. I always thought Tootle Puffing sounded like something that happened in the prison shower. ::shiver:: I'm a dinosaur too, my equipment is the equivalent of the height of the steam powered locomotives. But life moves on. Just enjoying TRexing around until we go extinct.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    i think it was called modwhompers

2nd edition was the whomper room

You are correct as the term is "ModWhompers"... Where in the h*l are these names invented? To myself, some of these names are just plain strange …. But like I say, it matters little just so long as we all know what we are talking about...

hmmm ... maybe I am an exception vaping at a mere 9 watts? But I suppose that comes from the fact that I like a tighter MTL draw.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I like vaping at about 12 Watts on a single coil with a low air flow. Live the Flavor !
    (I didn't know the difference between 15W and 20W was had it's own name ... :blink:)

yeah I agree … I am currently doing single coil MTL vaping these days and low wattage provides oodles of flavor... I used to be a sub-ohm vaper but I was missing the boat LOL …

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Hey, whatever floats your boat. No judgement here. I'm not exactly on the societal standards side of the spectrum either.

I know the feeling Brother... I am what is known as "not having a good social filter" (known as Asperger's)… But, I try my best around here ;)

PapawBrett

Retired
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    Of the choices listed I call it MTL. Can’t imagine ever saying tootle puffer out loud. I agree with the prison analogy from @HauntedMyst and Renaissance Vaper is far too pretentious.

Maybe I shoulda went with "Grumpy Old Men" for a title ...?

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Maybe I shoulda went with "Grumpy Old Men" for a title ...?

LOL.. no worries as I am your exact same age.... I am old but not grumpy... well, that is not exactly true... To be more accurate, I am not grumpy around here on this forum, but I am plenty grumpy here at home.

PapawBrett

Retired
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    9rYVxqH.jpg

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread