Not open for further replies.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I've noticed there are a few of us out there who like a restricted lung hit type of draw - whether we inhale via mtl or DL.

Me personally I prefer RTAs with an airflow hole diameter of at least 2.3mm.

This preference cuts out a lot of mtl RTAs - so I figured a thread that lists what RTAs do fall into this bracket might help.

My favourite rta for flavour and airflow is:

SJMY 2k16 doggystyle rta - 2.3mm airflow
    Next up is the SXK 2k18 doggystyle RTA - 2.5mm airflow

Please add in your faves :)

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Thanks! I see a lot of peeps say the Flavour is superb but is it really? Comparable to?

The 2k16 was my first rta, so it's hard to be objective ;) I've also tried the wotofo serpent mini - love the airflow and flavour with this RTA, but the doggy has better flavour

raqball

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 22, 2010
    I have a EVL Reaper V3 DL version and it's 2.7 on the deck. It also has a ring where you can dial the air flow down if you'd like...

Dialing the Reaper down gives a great restricted vape.. It's expensive though and only sold at a few places and they are international so additional shipping charges hike the total price up even more..

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I think you might like the Siren V2, wide open. I consider that a restricted lung hit, wide open. I forget who was selling them for CHEAP, oh right it was efun.top. Might be worth a shot.

Will come slathered in machine oil, give it a good cleaning really.

IDK if you would like it or not, but it's worth a look. It's my favorite RTA although the flavor may be better in the doggy, to be fair. Very easy build and like, just all around good. I mostly use stronger fruit or bakery flavors in there, if you pair it with the wrong juice it may get muted.

Anna

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Great thread, Ange! I was contemplating stating a similar thread myself, actually. I'm a die-hard MTL vaper, but I prefer loose MTL/restricted DTL also, and those are hard to find.

I like my Kayfun 4 (22 mm air intake hole--just 1 mm outside of your parameters;)), but it's so hopelessly over engineered that I rarely use it anymore. Besides, it's a juice guzzler, for some reason.

think you might like the Siren V2, wide open.

The Siren 2 has three small holes under the coil, right?

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Great thread, Ange! I was contemplating stating a similar thread myself, actually. I'm a die-hard MTL vaper, but I prefer loose MTL/restricted DTL also, and those are hard to find.

I like my Kayfun 4 (22 mm air intake hole--just 1 mm outside of your parameters;)), but it's so hopelessly over engineered that I rarely use it anymore. Besides, it's a juice guzzler, for some reason.

The Siren 2 has three small holes on the deck, right?

Agree, that they are hard to find. Mtl RTAs generally have an airflow hole diameter of 2mm or less.

Not sure about the siren, the side airflow holes look quite small:
    digiflavor-siren-2-gta-mtl-05.jpg

Siren GTA in pic above

Another couple I've come across is 3CVAPE Savour MTL RTA (2.5mm)
    and Cthulhu Hastur MTL RTA (5 swappable air flow resisters (1.0mm, 1.6mm, 2.0mm, 2.5mm, 3.5mm))

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I’ve had luck with geekvape’s ammit mtl rta and rda. Also....The regular ammit is good dialed down, flavor is better on the 22 mm version. Geekvape seems to have a very loose interpretation of mtl, which is fine with me! Actually, the Cerberus tank that came with the aegis mini is pretty good for a drop in coil. Siren 2 is one of my favs. Also kept the obs crius 2 , the Elevate and serpent ssm. Probably a few more. I wanted to try the savour, but it was oos before I could get one.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Dvarw? I read good things about the Copper Vape version (2 and 2.5 mm inserts are available). Thoughts?

Haven't tried it yet, but agree - I've heard nothing but good things about it. Flavour is meant to be as good as the doggy

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Dvarw? I read good things about the Copper Vape version (2 and 2.5 mm inserts are available). Thoughts?
    Dvarw is a great vape, and a nice tank. I gave mine away, because the vape was almost identical to the doggy, but had more parts, more fiddly to build, so it wasn't really an improvement to me.

And I think, if I remember right, it might be a little bit tighter draw wide open than the SJMY Doggy wide open.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Good to hear. My SJMY Doggy is my favorite tank ATM. I just wish that AFC ring was better. One can't have everything, can one? ;)
    Give the True MTL a try, Katya. I'm absolutely loving mine. I think it's a better vape than the doggy (more solid, dense, flavorful), has top fill, and a truly functional af ring. But it is slightly tighter than the SJMY doggy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread